Scariest thing about Terraria

Explosive Traps. I'd never, ever seen one before, then I was casually mining on the Xbox 360 edition.

"OH :red:!"

"NOPENOPENOPE"

"DIE IN A HOLE OF SILT AND SAND"

To me the scariest thing is how addicting it is, on multiple levels.

On one level, the surface level, it can suck up many hours of valuable time. Sometimes it deprives me of sleep. Sometimes I forego eating at reasonable times.

On a deeper level, though, is how it goes beyond the actual playing of the game and refuses to leave me alone even in sleep. Terraria frequently appears in dreams of mine. They're very realistic dreams. Sometimes they can be about playing the game and encountering things that don't exist or structures that don't naturally generate, yet they feel super real and I feel very disappointed (or relieved, depending on the situation) that those things don't exist in the real game. In other dreams, encountering things in the Terraria world in a realistic, first-person manner. Both exciting and horrifying, depending on the situation and on whether or not your dreams are as vivid as mine. c_c;
I know the feeling at least 3 times a month I get a realistic dream where I go on the pc only to find that terraria 1.3 has been released. quickly I update my game and check out the new features...its so good I yell out best day ever! and say that this is to good to be true:happy:. aaaaaaand at that exact moment I realise im in a dream and half the stuff I imagined in the game would probably never be added-_-.at that point I accept the fact that it will all be over in the morning and go back to playing with items that don't exist:D but before I can even unpuase the game I get woken up by my cat who has decided that my face looked like a cosy place to take a nap.:sigh:

actually the scariest thing is knowing about the dungeon gaurdian... but then you are in the caves minding you own business and you see a lihzahrd temple or a dungeon wall... its like OH SHEEET... then a moment of waiting if the dungeon gaudian is there or not *heart stops*... no? oh ok *steps forward* then BAM BOOM BIATCH... yeah

The scariest part is the RNG.

EDIT: I have never experienced an explosive trap, but those boulder traps when you have no torches are deadly.

Derplings, do i have to say more? they just are creepy and in early hardmode they spawnkill you if you live in the jungle (that was my downfall..)

EDIT: also the pigron mount. i was on a server with my friends and one said look what i got, i went to him and then i just saw that staring into my soul.

Derplings, do i have to say more? they just are creepy and in early hardmode they spawnkill you if you live in the jungle (that was my downfall..)

EDIT: also the pigron mount. i was on a server with my friends and one said look what i got, i went to him and then i just saw that staring into my soul.

Main reason why I stopped building close to the Jungle. Those Derplings are a pain in the :red:.

Also how could you not like the Pigron mount? Its adorable. They remind me of the Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3. <3

Crimson puts fear into my heart whenever I go in the area. I know everything there is weaker than me at almost all points of my adventure...just something about the place that almost gives me nightmares.

Oddly enough Corruption feels like peace to me, not sure why there's such a big difference between the two other than possibly the amount of time I knew of the corruption before Crimson even existed.

When i started playing Terraria i feared both Corruption and Crimson, but them i lost my fear of Corruption, but i still fear Crimson and i fear more one thing: Terraria Spiders, they just look too realistic and creepy for a game of pixels, especially when they are not on the walls.

Boulder traps are a bit frightening sometimes. Otherwise, I don't get scared much.

I did manage to jumpscare myself five times in a dream, though.
I find heads flying towards me quickly to be mortifying. Like the face of a zombie, glowing eyes, that kinda stuff.

Nothing, really, this game isn't particularly unnerving. Explosive Traps and Dungeon Guardians can sometimes get me to suddenly "wake up" in attention though.

The original 1.1 mobile version of the game had a really limited resolution. When I first encountered the Dungeon Guardian I almost pissed my pants because I couldn't see the Guardian but I heard the boss's scream :sigh:

To me the scariest thing is how addicting it is, on multiple levels.

On one level, the surface level, it can suck up many hours of valuable time. Sometimes it deprives me of sleep. Sometimes I forego eating at reasonable times.

On a deeper level, though, is how it goes beyond the actual playing of the game and refuses to leave me alone even in sleep. Terraria frequently appears in dreams of mine. They're very realistic dreams. Sometimes they can be about playing the game and encountering things that don't exist or structures that don't naturally generate, yet they feel super real and I feel very disappointed (or relieved, depending on the situation) that those things don't exist in the real game. In other dreams, encountering things in the Terraria world in a realistic, first-person manner. Both exciting and horrifying, depending on the situation and on whether or not your dreams are as vivid as mine. c_c;
I've actually had terraria corruption and pylons in one of my dreams

Half-mindendly exploring underground and finding a Gold Chest. "Ooh, wonder what's inside?"
Dead Man's Chest, KABOOM.

I can't believe it keeps getting me.

I fear no man
but that thing...
1612839918896.png

it scares me

Back
Top Bottom