Official Second Annual Re-Logic Terraria Halloween Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed my deadline, and for good reasons. Yesterday was my birthday, and I browsed the competition and found that there are entries that are amazing. My current project, in my opinion, contends with, but does not overpower the amazing contributions present now in the contest at hand. So, I need to revise my contest entry. I have a few ideas about how to do this. I will modify my contest entry, and hope to gain confidence by Halloween. By Halloween, I hope to have my project ready for entry.

I wanted to apologize for not sharing my entry so far, because I promised to enter this project into the contest by my birthday, October 26. So, it is October 27th, and I have not entered as promised. So, I will explore some ideas I have and will produce a video by October 31st.

I had a great birthday, and was surprised at how well things went for my sunday birthday. So, distracted by having much fun, I could not attend to my promise. I'm sorry about that, but my birthday was more fun than it has been in years, and I could not miss out on my own party.

Capture.PNG

my pumkin storage chamber

You will likely have to use a camera. I think there are ways to take screens on console but they are expensive to set up.

----

Over 160 entries thus far - and a week to go, including today. Time to make that final push and get your epic Halloween builds in!!!

You will likely have to use a camera. I think there are ways to take screens on console but they are expensive to set up.

----

Over 160 entries thus far - and a week to go, including today. Time to make that final push and get your epic Halloween builds in!!!
yeah he will have to buy screen recording stuff or connect HDMI to pc and take a screenshot there

Last edited by a moderator:
That should probably be fine. Though wouldn't it be easier to just take the screen shots during a similar time of day in the game?
Well, I do, but those times run out very quickly. 10 seconds and the light level can change enough to make a noticeable difference in a collage. Not a huge difference, but you can clearly see the line if you look at it. I just want to smooth it out as much as I can.

Well, I do, but those times run out very quickly. 10 seconds and the light level can change enough to make a noticeable difference in a collage. Not a huge difference, but you can clearly see the line if you look at it. I just want to smooth it out as much as I can.
Fair enough :) yeah it's probably fine, but maybe save a back up in case @Loki or @Cenx disagree.

Hello, These aren't official entries I just want to show you some stuff I made that might be scary. =D

My 2014 Halloween Entry:
My Haunted Slaughter House:
Underworld House:

Made the Demon alter a few new friends:

View attachment 7109 View attachment 7110 View attachment 7111 View attachment 7108View attachment 7267 View attachment 7268View attachment 7627

From left to right: Chair, Table, Workbench, Bed, chandelier, lamp, lantern

I can't imagine the chair being that comfortable :p

Also.....

View attachment 7266
Demon Toilet

Toilet's that way, but do you really need to go that badly?

Here's a compilation shot for ease of access

View attachment 7626

Update 1: 10/28, added Chandelier, lamp and toilet

Update 2: 10/30, added lantern and compilation shot.

I would hate to be the one sitting on that demon toilet! LOL :eek:

I thought the format was in-game build and this was the thread for it?
Try reading the rules a bit more carefully :p
Entry Process
  • Entries will be accepted from today throughout the month of October. Entries received after 11:59pm PST on November 3, 2014 will not be accepted.
  • Each member is allowed ONE (1) entry per Terraria platform, up to a maximum of THREE (3) entries (one for PC, Console, Mobile). However, each participant may only win ONCE.
  • Entries should consist of either:
    • 1-5 in-game screenshots of your creation. Merged screenshots (taking multiple screens and pulling them together into one "collage" image) are allowed and a single merged image counts as ONE (1) image.
    • OR
    • A brief (no more than 60s) video of your creation
    • AND/OR
    • A brief description of your entry
  • Entries should be posted to the 2014 Halloween Contest Entry Thread.
  • Entries - and the contest in general - can and should be discussed here in this thread.

I know it would never happen but they need to judge each console separately.

Mobile should have it's own winners, due to their limitations with building materials: they are not up to date.

PC has the biggest advantage - more building materials and more updates than anyone. Not to mention all the huge builds people make in T-Edit is kinda ridiculous and gives them a huge advantage.

Console PS3/Vita and Xbox are about the same as PC but lack updates and T-Edit. Due to this it should be judged differently. Not to mention console and mobile have smaller screens than PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom