1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Shock/Lightning gear

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by neoselket, Jan 1, 2015.

1. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

Shock gear would be a mid-hardmode gear set that would be similar to frost armor.

[​IMG]
    Shock bar
    5 molten bar, 5 hallowed bar, 3 electroplasm, 1 soul of fright at mythril or orichalcum anvil
    yields 5
    tooltip: "sizzling with energy"

[​IMG]
    Lightning helmet
    10 defense
    +10% attack speed
    crafted with 10 shock bars and 5 electroplasm at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

[​IMG]
    Storm platemail
    20 defense
    +10% attack damage
    Crafted with 20 shock bars and 5 electroplasm at a mythril or orichalcum anvil

[​IMG]
    Shock greaves
    13 defense
    +10% knockback
    crafted with 13 shock bars at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
    Set bonus: melee and ranged (and possibly magic) attacks give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 5 seconds, which freezes mobs and continously deals damage at roughly the rate of "on fire!". event enemies and bosses just take damage.
    grants resistance to the "shocked!!!!" debuff.
    Shock debuff can be resisted by equipping rubber padding, dropped uncommonly from cavern enemies. can be crafted into an ankh shield.

full armor:[​IMG]

[​IMG]thanks to @Narwhal In A Bucket for the sprite!
    Storm Blade
    50 attack damage
    fast speed
    no autoswing
    strong knockback
    crafted with 13 shock bars, 3 electroplasm, and 20 souls of fright at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
    shoots a bolt of electricity (lightning) at enemies which deals 30 damage, will curve slightly to hit enemies,and travels roughly 10 blocks from the sword.
    30% chance to give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 3 seconds. (100% chance and 5 seconds if using full shock armor)
    tooltip: "sizzling with energy"[/COLOR]

[​IMG]
    Lightning bow
    45 attack damage
    fast speed
    no auto fire
    medium knockback
    shoots electric arrows at enemies with the velocity of a marrow, 30% chance to give the "shocked!!!!" debuff for 3 seconds
    crafted with 20 shock bars, 3 electroplasm, and 20 souls of fright at a mythril or orichalcum anvil
    tooltip: "fires arrows sizzling with energy"
    Note: If the Stormfury is added, it could be crafted with electroplasm.

[​IMG]
    Shock Elemental
    damage: 55
    health: 200
    defense: 20
    knockback resistance: 40%
    1% chance to drop random shock item. (excluding bars)
    shoots bolts of electricity at the player with a 30% chance to inflict the "shocked!!!!" debuff
    60% chance to drop 1-5 electroplasm
    spawns underground, or aboveground in thunderstorms, same rarity underground as cursed hammer except slightly more common, does not spawn in dungeon, underworld, corruption, crimson, or hallow, excluding aboveground thunderstorms.
    two thirds as common as angry nimbus during thunderstorms.

[​IMG]
    Electroplasm
    dropped by shock elemental
    used to craft shock gear

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    MournfulRelic likes this.
  2. Athrisir

Athrisir Terrarian

The recolors... They burn...

3. LoM2

LoM2 Retinazer

You know, I just sensed that this was going to get ripped apart...

Basically, "Shock" freezes stuff and sets on fire. Do you see why this is a problem?

No?

Its because I can take any sword, stand next to any mob I want and just continuously hack it to death, and it'll be frozen so there's nothing it can do. And it'll also be taking fire damage!

No support.

4. Nardia

Nardia Steampunker

Yeah you can just stun-lock everything with this no support, sorry.

5. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

-1 Support. Shock is OP everywhere, even to bosses if they aren't immune. The mobs can still attack, right?

6. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

you make good points, but the shock debuff isn't really any different from wearing frost armor and drinking a flask of nanites(inflicts confusion, makes enemies run away from you).

mangle: good. that's the point, haha.

lom2: mobs will still hurt you, so if you touch them, they deal normal damage, and ranged mobs, like archer skeletons, usually hold still anyway, and with the shock effect they would still shoot at you.

nardia: there are many weapons you can use to "stun lock" enemies, such as the mini-megashark, muramasa, cobalt sword, spears, etc.

everybody: bosses and event enemies (pumpkin moon, solar eclipse, etc.) are immune to the freezing effect of the armor, and just take damage. also, the destroyer is completely immune to the shock effect. and yes, mobs can still hurt you normally, they just dont move, so archer skeletons, for instance, would basically just take damage. plus, didn't you make a thread on stun bullets once?

otherwise, what would you suggest to balance it?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  7. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

Are you, SHOCKED by them? Get it?

8. SnailsAttack

SnailsAttack Dungeon Spirit

LOOL

9. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

im guessing no one got my "storm blade" reference.

10. Athrisir

Athrisir Terrarian

The point is for them to be unorginal?

11. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

no, the point is for the sprites to be bright. :)

12. LeFr33

LeFr33 Official Terrarian

Your sprites are shockingly bright

13. Ethanylis1393

Ethanylis1393 Skeletron

I guess we can get this,but why one of your suggestion wasn't resprites and this one does?
    Because the helmet just seems like a chlorophyte helmet resprite...

14. LoM2

LoM2 Retinazer

Because sprites are hard and it's much easier to just resprite something than to start from scratch.

Also the Fury Gear thing was done at a later time (I assume that's what you're referencing) so he would have had time to improve and stuff.

15. Ethanylis1393

Ethanylis1393 Skeletron

Oh.

16. Everybody

Everybody Spazmatism

I guess we can not base everything off le sprites? Hehe?

17. neoselket

neoselket Ice Queen

it is a resprite, and this one was made earlier when i wasn't so good at spriting. i'm still not very good, but i'm better. these are just meant to get the general idea across.

18. LeFr33

LeFr33 Official Terrarian

Oh
    So you were the guy who made this
    k