Showcase [Showcase] Auto-aim turrets!

ekinator

Empress of Light
Since school has started, making an another calculator in terraria would be impossible, so I thought of something ''easy'' and ''fast'' to make.(ended up a lot more complex than expected)
What I had in mind was hooking up a cannon to an automatic aiming system to make multiplayer team battles a bit more fun.
This is the final product:
dWQIkAf.png

n5vpbZD.png

the circuit highlighted in yellow is the ''seeker'' and let's call the few gates below it the ''finder''.
The seeker is basically two shift registers with a bunch of controller circuits to cycle between the 9 rotational states the cannons and portal gun station has.
The finder sends a signal stopping the seeker from searching, ending up with the turret aiming in the desired location when a player steps on the respective weighted pressure plate or player sensor.
This is the circuit in action (the gif compression messes with the players skin color)
Io3DKwb.gif

The speed in which it finds its target can be altered by changing the engine it is controlled by to a slower version.
!!!ALSO A SUGGESTION FOR THE DEVELOPERS!!!
it would be nice if we could mount at least the portal gun station to a wall or the ceiling
it would be a step closer to making GLaDOS now that I think.

!!!ALSO A SUGGESTION FOR THE DEVELOPERS!!!
it would be nice if we could mount at least the portal gun station to a wall or the ceiling
it would be a step closer to making GLaDOS now that I think.
Oh, I thought that I missed something and I was like "Damn son, I wish I knew that was in the game."

Otherwise, this is pretty cool.

Make the pressure plates shorter distance from each other and put switches around to shoot them and you might have useful weapon mechanism.
[doublepost=1476197547,1476197311][/doublepost]Maybe put the portal over lava so the other portal teleports enemies into lava.

Make the pressure plates shorter distance from each other and put switches around to shoot them and you might have useful weapon mechanism.
the pressure plates are supposed to be in the line of fire of the turrets. they are put next to each other in the pictures for demonstrative purposes.

Great design! This might be an amazing new feature in adventure maps. Maybe i will make an adventure map based on the game give up. I could use your design in it. Feel free to copy my idea. I also like how it just freaks out when you fly over it.

Back
Top Bottom