Sky Crates?

Rokk

Terrarian
How do you find Sky Crates? I've made an artificial lake on a floating island which is definitely big enough to not catch any junk, and yet I haven't fished up a single sky crate? Do I need a higher fishing power or something? I'm still using a Fleshcatcher because I haven't found anything else yet.

I do fish up plenty of wooden and iron crates. The lake is definitely high enough, as it plays the sky music, and Harpies and Wyverns spawn aplenty.

Don't know what your fishing power is, but yes, you need fairly high fishing power. The higher the better.

To increase it try Fishing Potions if you have them, fish in early morning or late evening (4:30-6:00am and 6:00-7:30pm have the highest bonus I think), fish during rain, use good bait, and of course be sure to equip any fishing accessories you have.

Some crates will have high-quality bait inside. You can also destroy the tougher, non-grass, jungle plants and then grab small creeping things that make fair to good bait. If you fish on the surface near NPCs during rain, you can go between fishing and netting Worms. Fish near a Water Candle and/or take a Battle Potion to spawn more Worms (and Goldfish, with which you can make Goldfish Bowls to sell to NPCs).

If none of this

Hope this helps! If it doesn't, use your Bass Cannon. [/ponystuff]

I've only found a handfull of these kinds of crates, and I have done over 80 fishing quests on my world so far (still no sextant)

Yes, they are pretty rare. I'd use Gold Worms if you have any, or Enchanted Worms.

The Angler Set REALLY helps, if you have it.

Try to fish when it is raining, as that gives you a boost. Also fish in the Evening or morning.

And, as always, when looking for crates, use crate potions.

I've got plenty of crate potions. I guess it has to do with my fishing power, I found loads of Hallowed Crates when I used a fishing potion. I finally got myself a better rod, currently working up to the Angler set.

Back
Top Bottom