Let's get straight to the point.
Reminder: You can now get opposite evil seeds from the Dryad in a graveyard.
Reminder: You can now get opposite evil seeds from the Dryad in a graveyard.
- No Purple solution in crimson worlds/No Red solution in corruption worlds
- No way to create opposite evil furniture without world hopping.
- Enchanted Swords unfairly rare to obtain.
- Corrupt Slimes spawn Slimelings on death that clip through blocks.
- Banners not reducing damage (from Flow Invader and Nebula Floater shots)
- Hero's Shield is underwhelming, and maybe combine Ankh/Frozen/Hero's shield into one Champion Shield
- Add a way to spawn Corrupt Mimics in Crimson worlds/Crimson Mimics in Corruption worlds.
- Master mode's 7th accessory is a fair trade for the absolute hellish gameplay it provides, and it shouldn't be so.
- Pumpkin Moon/Frost Moon too hard on Master mode, with end-game gear.
- Celebration MK2 underwhelming.
- Add a way to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories, and give Classic worlds a way to obtain them too.
- [02/07/2020 EDIT] No Terra Blade upgrades before Moon Lord, still powercreeped by Influx Waver.
- You can now buy Opposite Evil Seeds from the Dryad, by being in the graveyard biome. However, when you do create an artificial biome, the Steampunker does not end up selling the Opposite Evil Solution during Blood Moons/Solar Eclipses. First, why not? Second, why do we have to die to obtain tombstones in Classic and Mediumcore? I'd appreciate if there was a way to obtain them, similarly to NPCs dropping tombstones in Hardcore, or crafting tombstones using ectoplasm for example.
- The Steampunker doesn't sell the Decay Chamber in Crimson worlds/the Flesh Grinder in Coruption worlds, despite the opposite evil being accessible by everyone. For example, imagine you're playing on a Corruption world. You get Flesh Blocks from the Meat Grinder after setting up an artificial Crimson biome (through the graveyard), but you cannot craft furniture out of it because the Flesh Cloning Vat is unavailable on Corruption worlds.
- You can now obtain Enchanted Swords through fishing. However, the chance of obtaining one is abysmally low. With 100 FP, you have a 10% of fishing up a crate, and that crate has a 6.67% chance of being a Golden/Titanium crate. Then, that crate has a mere 2% chance of giving you an Enchanted Sword (luck not included in calculation). (additional complaint: mere 6.67% chance of giving you a single Life Crystal). If you were to fish with 100 FP, High Test Fishing Line AND Crate Potion, and were to catch fish every 2 seconds, you would expect to get 1 Enchanted Sword after 125 minutes of fishing. This is a ridiculously long amount of time for an item that only serves its purpose up to Queen Bee and Skeletron, and that is used in a recipe of the best weapon in the game.
- When Corrupt Slimes die on a 1 block thick platform, the Slimelings it spawns have a chance of falling through that platform. I'm not talking about platforms, by the way, I'm talking about blocks. This might have been in the game before 1.4, I don't really recall.
- When I was fighting the Stardust Pillar with banners (in master mode), a Flow Invader shot a projectile at me dealing roughly the same amount of damage it would have dealt without his banner, even though the damage should have been halved. This might also be a problem with Nebula Floaters where their shots' damage aren't reduced by banners.
- Hero's Shield should increase defense by 13, not 7 (or at the very least 10 defense). It feels like I'm wasting Flesh Knuckles by combining it with Paladin's Shield, and the Hero's Shield feels like an overall downgrade to the Frozen Shield. Plus, it's a late game item anyway. If mages or summoners decide to equip the shield alongside Warding accessories, they might get 87 defense in Master mode, but they will be sacrificing tonnes of firepower for that tankiness.
As a side note, one fellow Discord member commented on how you should be able to combine the three shields (Ankh, Frozen, Hero) into one Champion Shield. I personally think this is a great idea. I won't mind defense being dropped on this shield (can you imagine a shield that grants 17/24 defense?)
- I will be talking about a Crimson world, you can think about it in terms of the opposite evil, I'm doing it for clarity's sake.
Anyway. You should be able to spawn Corruption mimics in a Crimson world (maybe by putting Rotten Flesh/Vertebrae with Keys of Night). I know you can do that if you acquire Purple solution, however you can only do that in a Corruption world, because the Steampunker cannot sell Purple solution in a Crimson world. Maybe make her sell Purple solution when she is in a graveyard biome?
- Master Mode promised a challenge for the tryhards, but even the tryhards find no replayability in Master mode. I know this is something everyone is talking about, and I didn't originally want to put this in, but I realized the main concern that revolts me. You promised no stat changes but added a 7th accessory slot, reserved exclusively for Master Mode. Because of it I feel compelled to go through the hells of 2 taps and Early Hardmode. What should have happened is NPCs stats shouldn't have changed (so, stayed in the x2 multiplier), however Bosses' stats should have (been given the x3 multiplier the NPCs currently have.). Also the Black Spot can cheese the Empress of Light. That isn't a complaint however.
- How the hell are you supposed to actually fight the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon in Master Mode without dying? The bosses will deal an average of 150 dmg per shot in Master mode, without damage reduction. And you're regularly swarmed by at least 3 of them at any time, past wave 10! Admittedly I've only tested this fight without any potions, on a fully unlocked Journey mode character. I still don't know when I am going to actually start the Pumpkin Moon to acquire the Zenith. (my character is post ML)
- Celebration MK2 is a great weapon. I find it slightly disappointing that the ultimate rocket launcher's accuracy is abysmal, and its rockets are affected by gravity. I don't really expect this to change, but then I don't really expect myself using it over the Snowman Cannon (when I get my hands on it. I know I just complained about the invasions but I had an overpowered character 3 years ago that constantly used it.)
- Why not give ways to tinker with Expert exclusive accessories? I'm mostly thinking about Worm Scarf and Brain of Confusion, and maybe Volatile Gelatin with Spore Sac. It seems natural. And to prevent Classic mode players from missing out on it, why not give them an item that allows them to activate x2 damage for a period of time (e.g. 24 minutes) that they can deactivate, but which will grant them Expert exclusive drops?
- [02/07/2020] When Re-Logic announced a new final sword, I was elated. Finally the Terra Blade is going to shine high again! But the final sword ended up being the combination of our entire journey, instead of a straight upgrade to Terra Blade. Meaning you still have to ditch the sword for the Influx Waver, once you do unlock it. Yet more effort is needed to unlock the Terra blade (you spend nearly the entirety of your journey finding ingredients to craft the sword!) than the Influx Waver (starting off where Terra Blade left off, aka in the Jungle Temple, you go to the outer thirds of the map and wait for a Martian Probe to spawn in, then lure Martian Saucers away until 1 of them drops the Influx Waver. 1 in 6 chance by the way). It'd be cool if you could upgrade the Terra Blade before fighting the Cultists, or maybe directly after Moon Lord with Luminite.