tModLoader Solidified Potions

If I were to add infinite-use healing potions, how many potions should it take to craft?

• More!

Votes: 21 19.1%

Votes: 24 21.8%

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Less!

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters
I looked through the code and MoreAccessories+ just uses a slot that is there in Terraria just not normally activated so there shouldn't be a problem with it. I will continue to try to find it though.

Ok, I may have figured out the issue as to why I lost it... and a secondary bug report.

Are the solid pots supposed to drop on death?

And it also gave me a duplicate pot on death, though with no stats.

Ok, I may have figured out the issue as to why I lost it... and a secondary bug report.

Now that you mention it, I noticed this happened to me as well. Did it happen to have the word "FLAWED" on the item?

Odd. Yeah, mine also dropped the one time. Was in my first accessory slot, if I recall correctly. Can't remember what potion it was, though.

Ah, I see. I was fixing a problem with Mediumcore but now that I think about it, yeah, it's probably doing it all the time instead of just for Mediumcore players. There was a duplicate though? I'll test and see what I find in regards to that.

Edit: figured out the blank duplicate too. So another bug bites the dust. It probably won't be ready to upload until tomorrow though.

Last edited:
So conceived - potions fall after death? Only the initial potions do not fall?
You can make endless health potions that do not come to an end?

So conceived - potions fall after death? Only the initial potions do not fall?
You can make endless health potions that do not come to an end?

Yeah, the "Complex" potions are dropping on death right now. This is fixed in the release going out later today or early tomorrow.

Right now I'm focused on buffs not things like the health/mana potions.

why nerf , people can choose to abuse it dont ruin the fun for others lol
I've always wondered why people ask for nerfs. I remember a time when people were always against nerfs, nowadays, I keep seeing requests for nerfs and "balance".

It's especially weird since to get the super powered potions legit, it involves a lot of grinding. Which means the one asking for a nerf is going out of his way to become OP.

Sorry for ranting. I do agree that the benefits are pretty darn high with expert scaling. I just got triggered by the topic, hahaha...

I'm actually fine with the original benefits, so as long as the benefits don't drop below those, I don't really mind either way.

Anyway, this is a terrific mod and I'm glad to see more mod support added.

The argument is that expert mode shouldn't be simply "more". It should be risk/reward kind of thing. Better rewards but harder to obtain. In that light, I'm going to aim for a system where you can get higher stats than in normal mode but you'll have to work a bit (in terms of what you combine) to get them.

Edit: The new system will only be available in Expert mode but I decided that I'll give the option to turn it off in case people don't like whatever drawbacks I put in.

Last edited:
I've always wondered why people ask for nerfs. I remember a time when people were always against nerfs, nowadays, I keep seeing requests for nerfs and "balance".

It's especially weird since to get the super powered potions legit, it involves a lot of grinding. Which means the one asking for a nerf is going out of his way to become OP.

Sorry for ranting. I do agree that the benefits are pretty darn high with expert scaling. I just got triggered by the topic, hahaha...

I'm actually fine with the original benefits, so as long as the benefits don't drop below those, I don't really mind either way.

Anyway, this is a terrific mod and I'm glad to see more mod support added.

I think people ask for a nerf when a feature seems too strong compared to the other options available at that point in the game. You can make solidified potions that beat endgame accessories stats right at the beginning of hardmode, or even before that.

In vanilla there's a limit to how strong you can become before you have to take down a boss to progress and become stronger, but this mod lets you skip that without much effort.

Yes, you need to grind a lot, but most of the ingredients you can get from herb farming/fishing. Not that i like grinding, i would like it better if you didn't have to, but you had to kill bosses to be able to make better potions. But a system like that would take a lot of work, and it seems like not a lot of people would like it anyway.

I think a particular class of potions locked behind the bosses would be cool. E.G, you ain't getting to grand until hardmode or later.

I think people ask for a nerf when a feature seems too strong compared to the other options available at that point in the game. You can make solidified potions that beat endgame accessories stats right at the beginning of hardmode, or even before that.

In vanilla there's a limit to how strong you can become before you have to take down a boss to progress and become stronger, but this mod lets you skip that without much effort.

Yes, you need to grind a lot, but most of the ingredients you can get from herb farming/fishing. Not that i like grinding, i would like it better if you didn't have to, but you had to kill bosses to be able to make better potions. But a system like that would take a lot of work, and it seems like not a lot of people would like it anyway.

Yeah, my issue is that if they feel it's too strong... then just don't grind for it. I would understand nerfing if you can become OP with very little effort or maybe even no effort. For instance, the old Spectral gear was end game gear, you HAD to get it because otherwise, you would have a really hard time beating end game. However, it was more powerful than subsequent end game gear. So it made sense to nerf/balance it so that it could still help you get pass that point in the game while making sense to get the next level of gear. Because technically, you couldn't skip that tier.

But for something like the Solidified Potions, which gives you the option to control how much benefit you get AND you have to specifically go out of your way to become OP... why bother nerfing? Just don't create the higher level Solidified Potions. Nerfing simply takes away the option of becoming OP.

Again, I'm not really complaining. I do agree that the jump in bonuses from the previous scaling was quite significant. I was surprised when I suddenly saw 75% bonuses.

I just kinda think that the idea of over-nerfing and "balancing" is pointless for certain mods. Not that Solidified Potions is over-nerfed. Far from it. Again, I'm just triggered by the topic is all. So far, this mod has been terrific. It certainly helps me clear my inventory a bit.

How about a Solidified Healing Potion? Requires 999 Potions for an unlimited use Potion that still causes Potion Sickness. And a Mana Potion variant that doesn't work with Mana Flowers. You'd probably have to have an opened chest to hold enough of 'em to craft it.

The idea was actually along the lines of "Let's give Expert players a little more flexibility. I'll make it where the caps get hit sooner and so they can combine different effects." Then for some reason I decided to increase the Max also and from there I let the numbers get out of control. :merchantsigh:

I think a particular class of potions locked behind the bosses would be cool. E.G, you ain't getting to grand until hardmode or later.

I was thinking of something more like:
  • Expert Grade - Kill WoF
  • Master Grade - Kill any mech boss
  • Grand Grade - KIll Plantera
  • Eldritch (?) Grade - Kill Moon Lord (not an actual grade right now, but it would be nice, for the people that want to be super OP end game)

Well, i'm the type of person who doesn't want the option of becoming OP, because they'll chose it every single time, but i don't want to take that choice away from others either, it's their game. I just give my suggestions and see what the mod creator will do with them. Also i like that solidified healing/mana potion idea.

Well, i'm the type of person who doesn't want the option of becoming OP, because they'll chose it every single time, but i don't want to take that choice away from others either, it's their game. I just give my suggestions and see what the mod creator will do with them. Also i like that solidified healing/mana potion idea.

Yeah, my logic is:
- If you're a "legit" player who wants to be OP and you farmed for the materials, then you deserve to be OP because you worked for it.
- If you're a "cheater" who wants to be OP, then you're just going to either Cheat Sheet it or dupe the materials using save files anyway.
- If you're a legit who does NOT want to be OP, then just don't farm for it, because a) You have free will and b) It's not like it fast/easy to farm the mats.

Nerfing eliminates 2 categories of players with no practical benefits to the third category.

Of course, in some cases, nerfing is a necessity.

Okay, I'll refrain from derailing this thread now, hehehe.

@dtim Saying this now: Tim's Fishing Potion is extremely overpowered for its current cost.

I suggest:
- Bottled Water
- Deathweed
- Nightcrawler
- Doublecod
- Journeyman's Bait

Back
Top Bottom