Sorry, been away for a while from modding terraria, so I didn't even seen this post till today, after I finished updating the mod myself. Thank you for the effort, though.
Does anybody know if this is available on XB1? I could really use this to complete cleaning my world.Updated for Version 1.3
While this mod has been out for a while in ModBrowser, I hadn't created a thread for it, so here it is:
Solutions ModThis mod adds a number of solutions for the Clentaminator that allow for a greater functionality than the original, intended "Change Biome into X". As of version 1.3, this includes new biome changing solutions, Filling Solutions that allow you to fill an area with Stone, Dirt or Sand, Liquid filling solutions that fill an area with Water, Lava or Honey, and Removal Solutions that allow to erase the tiles (or liquids) that could be added by the Filling solutions. There are also Ore Spreading Solutions that turn Stone (or mud in the Chlorophyte case) into the chosen ore or gem, as well as a Mineral Solution that spreads random ores and gems that would be available at the current game progress. Also present is a set of Grass Spreading solutions that spread grass on dirt or mud (depending on the solution) that has at least one empty tile adjacent.
Most solutions are obtained by buying them from a new town NPC, the Terraformer, that spawns in any empty house in hardmode if you have any Clentaminator in your inventory. Removal Solutions are crafted with one of the respective filling solution anywhere, but cannot be crafted back. Ore Spreading Solutions are crafted at a bottle/alchemy station for 10 of the desired ore/gem and a Mineral Solution.
All Filling Solutions start the spread a few blocks away from you. All Ore Spreading Solutions (and the Mineral Solution) have a reduced range compared to the rest of the solutions.
This mod also adds two new Clentaminator models:
Version 1.3 added Nozzle and Barrel Accessories, sold by the Terraformer at different progression levels, that alter the workings of any solution.
- View attachment 159139 The One-shot Clentaminator fires a single spray in a straight line, consuming only one solution ammo with no auto-reuse. This is useful for when spraying hard-to-get solutions such as the Ore Spreading Solutions. It is sold by the Terraformer for 50 gold;
- View attachment 159140 The Boomstick Clentaminator fires three sprays (one in a straight line forward, two at +-20º angle) consuming only one solution ammo with no auto-reuse. This allows for a greater return on the solution use than with the regular Clentaminator, at the cost of extra clicking. It is sold by the Terraformer for 5 Platinum.
Below is a list of all existing solutions added by this mod:
Note on the Ammo Consumption: The Barrels keep working even when the ammo to consume is not available. So, with a Long Range Nozzle, you would consume 4 solution if you have at least that much, but would only consume your last 2 solution if you have only 2.
- View attachment 161878 The Light Suppressor makes all sprays emit no light (and look a bit different). It is unlocked from the start and costs 50 gold.
- View attachment 161879 The Concentrator Nozzle reduces spray conversion radius by half. It is unlocked after defeating the three mechanical bosses for 2.5 platinum.
- View attachment 161880 The Spread Nozzle doubles spray conversion radius. It is unlocked after defeating the Moon Lord and costs 10 platinum.
- View attachment 161881 The Tri Reductor Barrel reduces the maximum spray range by 1/3, but also has only 1/3 chance to consume ammo. It is unlocked after the three mechanical bosses and cost 5 platinum.
- View attachment 161882 The Penta Reductor Barrel reduces the maximum spray range by 1/5, but also has only 1/5 chance to consume ammo. It is unlocked post Plantera and costs 7.5 platinum.
- View attachment 161883 The Long Range Barrel doubles the maximum spray range, but also consumes twice the ammo when available. It is unlocked post Plantera and costs 10 platinum.
- View attachment 161884 The Vast Range Barrel Quadruples the maximum spray range and the ammo consumption, when available. It is unlocked post Moon Lord and costs 20 platinum.
All Barrels and Nozzles can be stacked with each other (even though Concentrator and Spread Nozzle nullify each other), The maximum range possible is 8 times, while the smallest is 1/15th.
Ammo consumption scales with this, so 8 range = 8 solution consumed, while 1/15t range means 1/15 chance to consume ammo.
Biome Spreading Solutions:
Grass Spreading Solutions
- View attachment 159141 Granite Spreading Solution - Turns Marble and all Stone variants into Granite. Can be used to spread a Granite Cave, but that must be by spraying marble or stone walls (that will be turned into unsafe granite walls). Sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 159142 Marble Spreading Solution - Turns Granite and all Stone variants into Marble. Can be used to spread a Marble Cave, but once again requires spraying granite and stone walls to turn them into unsafe marble walls. Sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 159143 Stone Normalizer Solution - Turns Granite and Marble into regular Stone. Granite and Marble unsafe walls are turned into Unsafe Cave walls, so Spawns will remain in the sprayed area. Also sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 159144 Deep Green Solution - Spreads the Jungle by converting Dirt into Mud, including Grass and Trees. Sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 159146 Ice Solution - Spreads the Tundra by turning Dirt into Snow and any Stone into their respectfully colored Ice. Trees also convert to Boreal Trees. Sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 159147 Anti-Ice Solution - Turns the Tundra into a Purity/Corruption/Crimson/Hallow depending on the ice colors available. Snow converts to dirt, except if they have Boreal Trees on top, in which case it will be converted to purity grass with normal Trees. Also sold by the Terraformer for 25 silver.
- View attachment 161885 Grass Spread Solutions - Spreads their respective grass in dirt/mud tiles that are exposed to empty space. From left to right we have "Grass Spreading Solution", bought from the Terraformer for 25 silver each and Corrupt Grass Spreading Solution, Crimson Grass Spreading Solution, Hallowed Grass Spreading Solution, Mushroom Grass Spreading Solution and Jungle Grass Spreading Solution, each crafted with one "Grass Spreading Solution" and one of the biome's converting solution, and crafts into two.
- View attachment 159148 Anti-Grass Solution - Turns any type of Grass into Dirt (or jungle and mushroom Grass into Mud). Will break trees in the process. Crafted with one Grass Spreading Solution.
Other Block-Converting Solutions
Ore Spreading Solutions
- View attachment 159145 Dirt-to-Clay Solution - Turns Dirt into Clay. Sold by the Terraformer for 10 silver.
- View attachment 159149 Mineral Solution - The base for all other Ore Spreading Solutions, converts any Stone (not Granite or Marble) into a random assortment of Ores and Gems, with some limitations: It will only spawn ores that naturally occur in Stone (not Chlorophyte); It will only spawn hardmode ores if in hardmode and at least the number of altars required for them to spawn were smashed (one for Cobalt/Palladium, three for Adamantite/Titanium); It will, 4/5 of the time, spawn the ore that exists in your world (Ex: Copper,Lead,Silver,Gold), but will also spawn 1/5 of the time the other ores. It is sold by the Terraformer for 6 gold each.
- View attachment 159151 Gem Solutions (Topaz, Amethyst, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby and Diamond) - Turns any Stone into their respective Gem. There is no Amber "ore", and as such no Amber Solution. Crafted at a Bottle/Alchemy Table with one Mineral Solution and 10 of the desired Gem, and crafts one Gem Solution.
- View attachment 159154 Ore Solutions (Top Row Copper,Tin,Iron,Lead,Silver,Tungsten,Gold,Platinum, Bottom Row Cobalt Palladium,Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite, Titanium) - Turns any Stone into their respective Ore. Crafted at a Bottle/Alchemy Table with one Mineral Solution and 10 of the desired Ore, and crafts one Ore Solution.
- View attachment 159155 Chlorophyte Solution - Turns Mud into Chlorophyte. Crafted at a Bottle/Alchemy Table with one Mineral Solution and 10 Chlorophyte, and crafts one.
- View attachment 161886 Luminite Solution - Turns any Stone into Luminite. Cannot be crafted and is only dropped from the Moon Lord with 1/5 chance.
- View attachment 172503 Lihzahrd Brick Solution - Not really an ore, but works like one. Turns Mud into Bricks. Crafted with a Mineral Solution and 10 Lihzahrd Bricks. Added in 1.4.
- View attachment 159152 Dirt Filling Solution - Fills air (empty tiles) with Dirt. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159153 Dirt Removal Solution - Replaces Dirt with air. Grass is not affected. Crafted with a Dirt Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159156 Stone Filling Solution - Fills air with regular Stone. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159157 Stone Removal Solution - Destroys any kind of Stone (not Granite or Marble) and Stone wall. Crafted with a Stone Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159158 Mud Filling Solution - Fills air with Mud. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159159 Mud Removal Solution - Replaces Mud with air. Grass is not affected. Crafted with a Mud Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159160 Sand Filling Solution - Fills air with Sand. Note that Sand created by this solution is affected by gravity immediately, so aiming up without any sort of protection is not advised. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159161 Sand Removal Solution - Destroys any kind of Sand, including Sandstone, Hardened sand and their corrupt/blessed counterparts, as well as walls of sand natue. Ideal to get rid of the Desert biome. Crafted with a Sand Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 161887 Glass Filling Solution - Fills air with Glass. Crafted with two Sand Filling Solutions and one Lava Filling Solution.
- View attachment 161888 Glass Removal Solution - Removes all Glass and Glass and stained glass walls. Crafted with one Glass Filling Solution.
- View attachment 159163 Water Filling Solution - Fills empty space with water, and rises water levels to maximum on where water already was. Will also convert Lava into Obsidian and Honey into Honey Blocks with the spray passage. Can even be used to turn the Underworld's Lava into obsidian, although water from this source does not last long there. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159164 Water Removal Solution - Dries up water present where the spray passes. Water from above the dried space will fall down to replace it, so use it abundantly to remove all water. Crafted with a Water Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159165 Lava Filling Solution - Fills empty space with Lava, and rises Lava levels to maximum where it was already present. Will convert Water into Obsidian and Honey into Crisp Honey. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159166 Lava Removal Solution - Dries up existing Lava where the spray passes. Like all liquids, if used in the middle will cause a liquids update, so use continuously or from the top to remove all Lava. Crafted from a Lava Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159167 Honey Filling Solution - Fills empty space with Honey, rises Honey levels to maximum were it was already present and will convert Water into Honey Blocks and Lava into Crisp Honey. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver.
- View attachment 159168 Honey Removal Solution - Dries up existing Honey where the spray passes. Like all liquids, if used in the middle will cause a liquids update, so use continuously or from the top to remove all Honey. Crafted from a Honey Filling Solution anywhere.
- View attachment 159169 Liquid Removal Solution - A catch-all drier of liquids, will remove Water, Lava or Honey if present. All the remaining liquids will be updated, so shoot continuously or from the top to remove all Liquids from the area. Crafted one from all three (Water,Lava and Honey) Removal Solutions.
- View attachment 172504 Wire Removal Solution - Removes all Wire-layer elements (wires and actuators) as well as junction boxes. Sold by the Terraformer for 50 silver, after the Golem has been defeated. Added in 1.4.
- View attachment 172506 Pickaxe Power Solution - The ultimate block-removing solution, it removes any block you have a pickaxe you could mine them with. The pickaxe must be on your inventory or hotbar. For example, if you have a Copper pickaxe with you, you can remove dirt and regular stone, but not crimstone/ebonstone. If you have a Cobalt Pickaxe with you, you can remove dirt, stone and ebonstone/crimstone, but not Titanium or Lihzahrd Bricks. It will use the highest-powered pickaxe you have, so if you have a Copper Pickaxe, a Drax and a Picksaw, it will use the Picksaw power. If you have no pickaxe, it will default to 0 mining power (can still remove dirt, mud and such).
- View attachment 172505 The Actuator Solutions (Actuating, De-Actuating and Actuator Placing) are a new addition to v1.4. The first two change the active state of blocks that could be actuated: the Actuating Solution makes them passable, the De-Actuating Solution makes them solid again. The last one places actuators in blocks that can be actuated that have wires passing through them.
Version 1.3 added Infinite variants to all solutions (including vanilla), all crafted with 999*4 of their respective solution, except for the Ore and Gem Spreading solutions, that only require 999 of that solution or 9990 of the ore and 999 Mineral Solution. Their sprite is literally the original solution sprite with a yellow shiny background. Example:
View attachment 161889 Infinite Glass Filling Solution
Included in the attachment is a backup copy of this mod, for those who cannot use Mod Browser. If you can use Mod Browser, I would appreciate if you could download it from there instead.
@JPAN - Idea and Code for this Mod
Unusacies - Spriter
The TModLoader Crew for making the Mod Loader, Mod Browser and the Example Solution where all this is based
I have like, an inquiry opposite this; I was looking for something like a Magnesium solution, something that doesn't spread biomes but emits a blindingly bright stream of white light that illuminates and charts out segments of map at full brightness, Is this possible?Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Light is created by the Dust particles (which are pretty much the same for all solutions). There is no GlobalDust or similar hook in tModLoader to edit the behaviour of the Vanilla dust (which is also the base dust for my solutions). The only other way to currently remove the light would be to code a new projectile for each and every solution where the dust would be a custom one that does not generate light.
The main problem would be that I would have to recode the original vanilla solutions from scratch just to change the dust generated.