Game Mechanics Spectre Hood: Losing lifesteal for a new effect

And in Terraria, all you need to do is grapple down, point and hold down click. That's not playing right, that's just being insanely powerful with zero effort.

My idea tries to make the player have to try and dodge to be powerful. What may work in turn-based games won't always work well in non-turn-based games.

and if you want increased mobility, you develop some real skills and use master ninja gear instead of trying to destroy a valuable game asset.

my standard cleric setup runs mobility over damage and performs quite beautifully. the lack of taking hits makes cleric's low damage and lower defense almost entirely irrelevant. sooo why stat fluff when you can be skilled rather than lazy?

and if you want increased mobility, you develop some real skills and use master ninja gear instead of trying to destroy a valuable game asset.

my standard cleric setup runs mobility over damage and performs quite beautifully. the lack of taking hits makes cleric's low damage and lower defense almost entirely irrelevant. sooo why stat fluff when you can be skilled rather than lazy?
You become more powerful if you lose the MNG with a damage accessory. You'll be able to tank and deal more damage with the accessory's bonuses, as well as not miss as much as only your targets are moving. To become "skillfull" with the MNG and move around decreases your DPS. My armor idea, however, fixes that problem. Your DPS would increase while dodging around, and you won't be able to survive by tanking.

My idea is anything but lazy, as it makes the player have to move around. With the current lifesteal mechanic, a player benefits more from tanking, aka sitting and doing nothing but holding click.

cleric isn't supposed to be DPS oriented, you know that right? it's entirely focused on longer fights and maintaining the ability to survive.

the only thing that you said that i agree with is being disgusted with people who ONLY stand on a spike and be fking lazy.

but i digress, dropping cleric for stat fluffing is a poor way to handle this.

on a 3rd headpiece, or entirely different set of gear, your idea would actually be pretty awesome...but not like this.

cleric isn't supposed to be DPS oriented, you know that right? it's entirely focused on longer fights and maintaining the ability to survive.

the only thing that you said that i agree with is being disgusted with people who ONLY stand on a spike and be fking lazy.

on a 3rd headpiece, or entirely different set of gear, your idea would actually be pretty awesome...but not like this.
We could always make it a weapon.
You can be a cleric, but not DPS crazy life-steal crap.

yeaaaaah how about no. being a cleric is "class" oriented, not weapon oriented. no support.
It's not like the world works the way you seem to want it to.
You want it to be where a cleric is low-damage, high survivability.
but there are people out there who will exploit any chance they have of becoming OP.
And the life-steal makes that possible through the use of making a glass-cannon style class that has the life-steal, so it's tanky too.

i've yet to experience any legitimate issues with it in the current form. the only thing i can really fathom for people complaining (as few people as there are in the collective audience), it only seems to be people hellbent on NOT developing any in-game skills. it is quite sickening and fked up to let the skilled bunch enjoying it the way it is, get btch slapped for the lazy people wanting to be lazy.

Right, but I'm trying to drop that class, as it's not working correctly right now. You gain more DPS and stay immortal by tanking. You can dodge if you want, but the armor is more powerful if you don't and focus on damage. The more damage you do, the more you heal. The faster you take down enemies, the quicker they drop hearts and mana stars. To sacrifice a slot for MNG to dodge around decreases your healing, decreases how often you get hearts, and on top of that makes you more likely to miss, as it's much easier to hit a moving target when standing still than when you're both moving.

You don't even need a spike to be immortal. The hood is broken because of this, which is why I'm suggesting a change to rebalance it.

You haven't done much explaining why exactly. Just because "Cleric" works in other games doesn't mean it works in Terraria. You've acknowledged the tanking problem, and the only fix is to remove the ability to tank. Meaning dropping lifesteal. Increasing your movement speed indirectly heals you by making it easier to avoid damage. It's just, with this change, you have to move to benefit from it. With lifesteal, you benefit most by tanking.

Keeping the hood would still allow players to tank and remain invincible. That is why I'm suggesting its removal.

*sigh* The fact is, your not immortal, you still have to dodge a fair amount of stuff to stay alive. Try tanking one of the moons, or fishron

i've yet to experience any legitimate issues with it in the current form. the only thing i can really fathom for people complaining (as few people as there are in the collective audience), it only seems to be people hellbent on NOT developing any in-game skills. it is quite sickening and fked up to let the skilled bunch enjoying it the way it is, get btch slapped for the lazy people wanting to be lazy.
I'm happy to learn to dodge.
Just some people aren't.
Best take them into account.

, mages are for ownage not self-preservation!
mellee the tanks class with lifesteal the way it is meant to be
melee people-The tanks.
Lifesteal currently allows mages to tank, something usually left for melee
But are clerics meant to be tanks? Because clerics are tanks in Terraria.
I don't know if you guys know this but... As far as class type goes its Mage, melee, ranger, and summoner.
How you use that class is what you're all argueing about.
Not everyone uses the same class the same way.
You're punishing other players for a play style of others.
You're also partially trying to get rid of lifesteal as a whole.

Also the argument that lifesteal makes you "invincible" is sooooo :red:ing stupid.
There is no way you're going to jump in front of all the mobs in the frost moon or pumpkin moon and survive.

To be "invincible" you'd actually have to have some skill.

You also get this at the end of the game of course if gonna be strong... Its at the current end of the freaking game. .-.

I don't know if you guys know this but... As far as class type goes its Mage, melee, ranger, and summoner.
How you use that class is what you're all argueing about.
Not everyone uses the same class the same way.
You're punishing other players for a play style of others.
You're also partially trying to get rid of lifesteal as a whole.

Also the argument that lifesteal makes you "invincible" is sooooo :red:ing stupid.
There is no way you're going to jump in front of all the mobs in the frost moon or pumpkin moon and survive.

You also get this at the end of the game of course if gonna be strong... Its at the current end of the freaking game. .-.
Not everybody uses class the same way, but i've seen NOBODY use a magic weapon with beetle armour. Or a melee with shroomite, or a ranged with spectre.
You can mix and match, but it's not recommended. Nobody really does that. sure, VKs get used in every class for the life-steal.

you have to set it up right to get invincibility.

You really don't.

Yeah, but it's still gotta have balance.

Also, why can't people just use VKs? Make them a "universal" life-steal.

It's not stupid, it's true.

jwlHW5C.gif

This is Wave 15 and I didn't seem to ever drop below 400 HP. I guess I didn't need that lifeforce potion afterall.

EDIT: I did not use a spike. You can see me being hit for 40 to 90 damage.

With my proposed change, this would not be possible. You would have to move to survive. You would have to rely on skill to survive. Not sit still and become a god.

We saw your comment the first time; there is no need to repeat it.

However, you can't tell other people what they can or can't discuss. Feel free to withdraw from the discussion, but please do not disrupt its continuation.

while i strongly disagree with many people's opinions on certain matters, i still defend their right to keep and have their opinion. we don't have the right to force people to stop discussing stuff.

while i strongly disagree with many people's opinions on certain matters, i still defend their right to keep and have their opinion. we don't have the right to force people to stop discussing stuff.
It's not so much opinions as it is fact, especially with that recorded gif up above.

It's not stupid, it's true.

jwlHW5C.gif

This is Wave 15 and I didn't seem to ever drop below 400 HP. I guess I didn't need that lifeforce potion afterall.

EDIT: I did not use a spike. You can see me being hit for 40 to 90 damage.

With my proposed change, this would not be possible. You would have to move to survive. You would have to rely on skill to survive. Not sit still and become a god.
Why don't you make a full video of you standing there for a minute. Without dodging. Just standing.

Then we'll decide whether or not you're invincible .-.

Back
Top Bottom