Items [Sprites] Living Lightning: A new Angry Nimbus drop

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Angry_Nimbus.png

Angry Nimbus
They have about a 7% chance to drop the Nimbus Rod. As with anything based on RNG, this could take you dozens or kills, or your first if lucky.

7A62KJV.png

Living Lightning
Instead, it could drop this at 8 to 15 a time.

Nimbus_Rod.png

Nimbus Staff
Now crafted:
7A62KJV.png
Living Lightning x80,
Cloud.png
Cloud x50, and
Rain_Cloud.png
Rain Cloud x80 at a hardmode anvil

Stormfury
Living Lightning could possibly be used in @Wisp's Stormfury idea. Check out his thread!

Cloud.png
Rain_Cloud.png

Cloud drops
Additionally, the Angry Nimbus can drop Cloud (10-15) and Rain Cloud (0-5), making both blocks renewable. Rain Cloud can be crafted with Cloud at a water source, too.

wOGwzu1.gif

Living Lightning, placed (2x1 block example)
Living Lightning can be placed just like Living Fire, giving it a use beyond the items it makes. It doesn't harm you and emits a light violet light.

OAtp7Ni.gif

Volt Brick
These bricks are crafted with a Living Lightning and a Rain Cloud.

jWJmqBw.gif
88GM6AB.gif

Lightning Rod
Made of one Living Lightning and one Iron or Lead Bar. A new torch, can be used as a little gizmo in your evil laboratory!

oK1dTHw.gif

Plasma Lamp
Crafted with a Crystal Ball and 50 Living Lightning. Functions similarly to a Candelabra. How scientific!

cS76vFh.png

Lightning Bolt
These are made with 45 Wooden Arrows and Living Lightning at a hardmode anvil. Or with @SzGamer227's Iron or Lead Arrows with Living Lightning. They're insanely fast arrows that emit a thunderclap on successful hits. Most enemies have a 50% chance to become Shocked for 5 seconds.

FylosWL.png

Electro Shot
Created with 50 Musket Balls and Living Lightning at a hardmode anvil. Not super fast like their arrow counterpart, but penetrate enemies once with the same chance of inflicting Shocked.

9UyiHNB.png

Thunderbolt in a Bottle
Crafted with a Bottle and 50 Living Lightning. It's another jump accessory, except it bolts you up on a rain cloud, sending a powerful thunder strike downward that harms enemies for 80 damage. The rain cloud remains for about 5 seconds, having the same effects as the Magic Carpet, except also rains damaging rain drops down, hurting 30 each. The bolt jump shoots you up a little higher than the Sandstorm in a Bottle does, and being nearly instant helps with dodging attacks.

rxn3oip.png

Thunderbolt in a Balloon
Like the rest of the Bottle accessories, you can craft the Thunderbolt in a Bottle with a Shiny Red Balloon for an even higher bolt jump with a rain cloud that lasts 7 seconds. (Not sure what to do with Bundle of Balloons?)

6gbCo2i.png

Violet Horseshoe Balloon
Same as Thunderbolt in a Balloon with immunity to fall damage.

Cloud_in_a_Bottle.png

Cloud in a Bottle
As you may not have found one yet, it could be made with 10 Cloud, a Bottle, and 1 Living Lightning. Or perhaps, skip the Lightning altogether as islands are often found mid pre-Hardmode.

May add some new items later on. What do you think?

Last edited:
This would be amazing! Not only for my oh so great RNG luck, but also for building, I would love to see some of the spooky mad scientist labs people could make with living lightning.

Last edited:
Full support from me, except for the cloud in a bottle recipe. I think it should stay without one as it is right now.
Other than that, a really neat idea!
70bdbb.jpg

I certainly like this idea! All of these things look really cool!

Also, you should be able to make a furniture piece called a Plasma Sphere with Living Lightning and Glass :p

cS76vFh.png

Lightning Bolt. It fires really fast and stuns most enemies at a 50% chance.

FylosWL.png

Electro Shot. Penetrates one target and stuns at 50% chance.

6cBC2Mu.gif
->
88GM6AB.gif

Sorta fixed the lightning on this Lightning Rod.

dIwluKv.png
->
rxn3oip.png

Redid the Thunderbolt in a Balloon sprite. The first was actually a sprite done back in October!

Renaming Purple Horseshoe Balloon to Violet Horseshoe Balloon, because Ultraviolet.

I certainly like this idea! All of these things look really cool!

Also, you should be able to make a furniture piece called a Plasma Sphere with Living Lightning and Glass :p

Thanks! I thought of making a furniture set, though it'll take a bit of work with animating, but we'll see!

Don't gotta make a whole furniture set, just one of those plasma spheres would be cool to have :p

You know what I am talking about, right? The glass orbs with purple electric inside. You touch it and the electric flows towards your fingers. One of those things.

Don't gotta make a whole furniture set, just one of those plasma spheres would be cool to have :p

You know what I am talking about, right? The glass orbs with purple electric inside. You touch it and the electric flows towards your fingers. One of those things.
Ah, you mean a Tesla Boll? Those things are awesome! (And they probably could be used to recreate the creation of the monster of Frankenstein setup)

Anyways, seeing that Thunderbolt in a Balloon makes me want some sort of collaborative accessory with my Tornado in a Balloon. Maybe Blizzard + Tornado + Thunderbolt in a Balloon could be combined to form a Tempest Balloon Bundle? First jump would give the lightning effect, then the Blizzard jump along with a damaging rain cloud, then the final jump with extreme jump height? Just an idea! ;)

oK1dTHw.gif

Plasma Lamp
Made with Crystal Ball and 30 Living Lightning.

All that from one enemy? I guess. But it seems like a great idea. I like it.
For now, yeah. I feel Terraria's lacking in electric-themed items. There's the Magnet Sphere and.. that's kind of it, I think? I might try to make some more rain enemies.

Done!

Anyways, seeing that Thunderbolt in a Balloon makes me want some sort of collaborative accessory with my Tornado in a Balloon. Maybe Blizzard + Tornado + Thunderbolt in a Balloon could be combined to form a Tempest Balloon Bundle? First jump would give the lightning effect, then the Blizzard jump along with a damaging rain cloud, then the final jump with extreme jump height? Just an idea! ;)
Oh yep! I remembered your idea shortly after posting this. I'd like an endgame balloon item, sure! I was actually working on a project with new balloons but the bundling complications had me put it off. Just haven't gotten back to it yet.

Back
Top Bottom