Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

i saw this from the other forum... time to support here too!

MarioKart7z's Sword of Approval:

5297-9d77dea631b997c7d456b6b71fb91db2.jpg

A few people have been quite overzealous in stating their opinions here, some have been given a time-out and will not be able to reply to this thread for a week. If you are one of them and did not get an alert to that effect, please forgive that, the interface is new and I may have not checked the notification box for each of you. I will try harder to make sure that happens correctly in the future.

I would like to point out to EVERYONE that there are new guidelines for constructive criticism for suggestions. I strongly urge everyone to read them, and take them to heart. They are not only guidelines for how we expect people to behave here, it is also the guidelines the staff will use to assess punishment. Temporary or even permanent thread reply bans are one tool we will use to break up arguments such as the one that has appeared on the last few pages here.

I urge that all further discussion here be conducted in a mood of civility and respect by ALL parties.
Thank you for that. People have not paid attention to common-sense ideas like that.

P.S: Pay no attention to my posts from the whole Space Dolphin boss/dolphinium/souls of Dight thread. I just ignored that bad idea DON'T CHECK TO SEE IF I DIDN'T PLEASE!

Just don't say anything and leave a like to the moderator if you appreciate their efforts instead of trying to attract negative attention from the people you are directing it to.
Oh. Whoops.[DOUBLEPOST=1413474694][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and what about wings? Will there be flesh wings and cyber wings made with the cores?

Getting back to questions.

By the way, I was reading some of your suggestions on the old forum. I like the spritework done on "The Motherboard". I was thinking maybe call it "Master CPU" instead, though?

This needs to be a thing, me and my friend were playing the other day trying to figure out a good hallow alt, I think this one is probably the best I've seen!

Gotta say, I didn't think this would fit well with the Terraria theme but it's presented very well. We do have the android and steampunker, who also seem out of place. The Cyber would give them a common ground.
It would be cool if the underground/cavern cyber had pipes and wires and circuitry as a background.

If I were going to give a like to anything after saying I wouldn't, it would be to this. I really do think that there should be an alternative to the Hallow, as well as the Corruption. I really do think that the Crimson needs more things uniquely its own. Personally, I wouldn't have thought of a technological landscape, but it does make sense in a weird way. Hallow vs. Corruption is all about light and darkness, so if the Crimson is all weird biology and body horror, then mechanical transhumanism makes sense as its opposing force. Not really much else to say other than just, "Kudos".

So I just had a thought and I dunno if its already been mentioned somewhere in the thread but what would the music sound like in the Cyber? I'm assuming it would be electronic music but what kind? To fit the theme it would definitely need to be very structured sounding with lots of repetition built in.

EDIT: Just wondering because I'm sitting here listening to chiptunes.

Last edited:
Gotta say, I didn't think this would fit well with the Terraria theme but it's presented very well. We do have the android and steampunker, who also seem out of place. The Cyber would give them a common ground.
It would be cool if the underground/cavern cyber had pipes and wires and circuitry as a background.
Actually, the REAL important common ground this suggestion would create is the gap between the game's current presentation and the Mechanical Bosses, which stick up like equally sore thumbs the lot of them. This would give more breathing room for essentially everything hi-tech currently in the game as well, I really hope Re-Logic consider this.
So I just had a thought and I dunno if its already been mentioned somewhere in the thread but what would the music sound like in the Cyber? I'm assuming it would be electronic music but what kind? To fit the theme it would definitely need to be very structured sounding with lots of repetition built in.

EDIT: Just wondering because I'm sitting here listening to chiptunes.
If it is NOT something similar in tune or style to this I will be greatly upset.

Dude, I totally agree on the music choice. Its got the repetition, the electric sounds, and some dissonance in it that makes it sound awesome.

On another note I did play Echoes and the nostalgia on hearing that theme is great.

As far as music goes i have no idea. XD I'm not a very musically inclined person but i would say something clean with a kind of spacious sound to it.

Also, what are options on hallow alts to the mech bosses? I haven't developed the idea top much however i wanted to gauge interest. Good idea? Bad idea?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom