Items Stackable armors and vanity

Snickerbobble

The Painter
This idea came to mind during the Halloween update, and again after dyes became stackable. How about letting us stack armor pieces and vanity together, to save on storage? Just like dye, only one item from a stack can be worn in a slot.

I use a few characters so I'd like a way to have a vanity storage for each to try out without needing dozens of chests for the same items. And since there would be no reason to exclude armors from this, how about them as well?

Each piece would be stackable with an identical item, not with the rest of its set. You could have 3 Robot Hats in a stack but 5 copies of the Creeper set would require 3 slots (rather than 15).

This change probably won't effect those with just one character, but for those who want to keep extra sets for other characters to try out, this would save a lot of space.

This idea came to mind during the Halloween update, and again after dyes became stackable. How about letting us stack armor pieces and vanity together, to save on storage? Just like dye, only one item from a stack can be worn in a slot.

I use a few characters so I'd like a way to have a vanity storage for each to try out without needing dozens of chests for the same items. And since there would be no reason to exclude armors from this, how about them as well?

Each piece would be stackable with an identical item, not with the rest of its set. You could have 3 Robot Hats in a stack but 5 copies of the Creeper set would require 3 slots (rather than 15).

This change probably won't effect those with just one character, but for those who want to keep extra sets for other characters to try out, this would save a lot of space.
Nuff said +1

As long as you make it so that wearing a stack of hats makes you wear multiple hats stacked on top of each other

The reason that Dyes were made stackable was because you can equip 8 of the same Dye in eight different slots, so that owning/storing/carrying more than one at a time is justified. Except on servers, there is usually no reason to carry around or store multiple copies of the same vanity outfit or armor.

I can see where it could be useful, but it's not enough that I can say this is a "must-have" QOL change.

This would be a really good quality of life change. I'd like to hoard boss vanity masks as well, but it's nigh impossible to do so currently without dedicated chests.

The only problem I see with this is stackable items cannot get reforged.

Though I am highly in favor of this, stupid mummy clothing clogs my inventory all the time.

The engine itself can already handle stacking of weapons, armour and vanity - you can try this with an external editor. (Though Terraria doesn't always like the outcome.) The limitation is probably due to the way the armour, vanity and accessory slots shouldn't have more than one item equipped. Equipping a stack of items might stack the effects? But it should be straightforward enough to restrict those slots to only 1 item from a stack, like is done with dye.

Back
Top Bottom