Game Mechanics Potential issues with stackable weapons.

thisisabadname

Official Terrarian
I know, I know. People don't like to criticize features that aren't even out, but I feel like I might as well point out a list of issues that could come up with the stackable weapons feature so that they are addressed before release.

1. Ranger currently uses the stack number as a way to display ammo left for weapons in the hotbar.
My idea to fix it: I don't see a non-cluttery way to add the ammo left number anywhere except the name of the item, as the name displays above the hotbar when you switch to an item. (Might need to make it permanent then). Alternatively, just make this not be a feature anymore.

2. Usually, weapons drop with a reforge. I doubt the same weapon with different reforges will go into the same slot, so this change might not solve some clutter issues in farms (which seems like the intent)
My idea to fix it: Items drops (maybe even crafts) don't have reforges. Honestly I hate this solution, and I would rather not have stackable weapons and accessories, but it's the only one I can come up with. This can also remove shimmer reforging as a thing that exists.

3. How would reforging work with multiple weapons?
My idea to fix it: has already been addressed by relogic afaik

4. Should shift clicking a stack of weapons move the whole stack? Or just one weapon. One weapons makes more sense for gameplay (reforging and such), but would be inconsistent.

Overall thoughts:
I am excited to see what relogic does with the feature, and I'm sure they will implement it well. However, there are a lot of tools to manage your inventory and for collecting mob farms now, so it's not really an issue if they go back on this feature.

Definitely things to take note of, especially curious how they handle ranged weapons.
And honestly I wouldn't mind TOO much if crafts and enemy drops don't have a modifier, as they're either broken, or I reforge them immediately, anyways. Early game would *technically* be a little harder, but it's negligable.

One thing I am curious on for the update, is how dummies will work with conveyors, since they are technically entities.
Will the dummy's hitbox move with conveyors, or did they have the foresight to exclude them? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

This just seems like surface level issues you work out after you test Stackable Weapons in a playthrough, instead of any fundamental issues with the idea

Im not a big fan of stackable weapons but I don't really mind it either

Back
Top Bottom