Other Status Dyes (Dynamic Equipment Dyes)

Stahn Aileron

Terrarian
You know how the Hair Stylist sells hair dyes that are dynamic based on some condition (health, biome, mana, etc.)? Why not have those same conditional dyes for equipment?

I spent most of my time covered up in armor, so hair dye is kinda pointless for me. At the same time, some of the conditions the hair dyes monitor would be useful (like health). Imagine fighting and knowing when to heal by looking at just your character sprite instead of glancing away from the action to the upper right of your screen. Even more so for those running the game at high resolutions (1920x1200 myself.) And with at least 3 fairly easily discernible item (the 3 armor slots), you can monitor up to 3 statuses (or more: wings and shields would be easy to see - there would be conflicts though, like leg armors versus boots...). Even better is the prospect of some players playing the game with the HUD turned completely off unless in the inventory. ^_~

How to get the dyes in open to debate. The simplest method would be just getting the Hair Stylist, buying the appropriate hair dye, getting the Dye Trader, getting some silver dye and the vat from him, and combining the hair dye and silver dye to make the new conditional status dynamic dye.

Thoughts?

On a related note, I would like a dye based on the amount of flight time you have left and stick it on my wings ^_~ This thought is just to help illustrate a little more of my idea.

I don't think you can properly tell how much health (for instance) you have left from colours, to me flat values seem more useful.

I don't think you can properly tell how much health (for instance) you have left from colours, to me flat values seem more useful.
Depends. If the Dyes are set to just de-saturate your armor, I think it could work. Like Adamantium armor getting duller, then graying, then blackening. I will admit, I forgot the hair dyes cycle through color or something to that nature for statuses. Not overly useful from some statuses, like Health, as you mentioned.
Could always get a jungle rose and wear that in the social and it will show your hair :)
Problem is I'm a bit more practical when it comes to social slot usage: I keep a second set of equipment there so I can easily and readily switch roles. I don't really use them purely for vanity.

Back
Top Bottom