Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one lied to anyone. From my experience in the gaming industry, a set date for an update or release can change, because anything can happen. The reason why we haven't got any recent information from them is, I don't know, maybe because they're busy focusing all their energy on solving the issue they delayed the update for? Have you ever thought about that? As I said from a couple pages ago, I understand the frustration and backlash, but can't we act civil and not insult Pipeworks or throw verbal abuse towards them because they delayed the update for a smoother launch? Didn't the iconic Shigeru Miyamoto once said a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad?
The quote only works when the you don't know what the game will be like when it's finished guy

I have never once done that I'm chilling haven't been moaning at all even through the :red:ing (BTW I don't know how I'm going to blast thought the content when I'm restarting on expert and going for a most items experience)
It was a question dude not a statement of your play style I would never presume to know what your intentions are only ask questions about what you say

Here's the other one that I was trying to remember. Good old Gabe Newell.

You have to stop thinking that you're in charge and start thinking that you're having a dance. We used to think we're smart [...] but nobody is smarter than the internet. [...] One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'

You can see really old school companies really struggle with that. They think they can still be in control of the message. [...] So yeah, the internet (in aggregate) is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case, the better they're gonna be in interacting with them.

Here's the other one that I was trying to remember. Good old Gabe Newell.

You have to stop thinking that you're in charge and start thinking that you're having a dance. We used to think we're smart [...] but nobody is smarter than the internet. [...] One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'

You can see really old school companies really struggle with that. They think they can still be in control of the message. [...] So yeah, the internet (in aggregate) is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case, the better they're gonna be in interacting with them.
Yeah bungo is in hot water with communication problems atm, but comparing pipeworks to them is like saying Mr bean and donald trump are brothers, yup I watch dark side royalty on YouTube aswell

Yeah bungo is in hot water with communication problems atm, but comparing pipeworks to them is like saying Mr bean and donald trump are brothers, yup I watch dark side royalty on YouTube aswell

Somehow I knew you did. This wasn't to illustrate a comparison, just my brain trying to wind down. But you're wrong about one thing: Black Adder is a well written comedy and the other guy you mentioned? Barely even a Family Circus level in comparison.

Maybe a bad analogy black adder was brilliant but these guys (pipeworks) are definitely not like that useless bunch of greedy Activision lapdogs 2000hrs plus in destiny no salt whatsoever lol good quote though I think everyone's tolerance for being kept in the dark and drip fed information is at an all time low and this dev team would be smart to learn from other game developer's mistakes with their fan base. Time is infinite patience is not.

Maybe a bad analogy black adder was brilliant but these guys (pipeworks) are definitely not like that useless bunch of greedy Activision lapdogs 2000hrs plus in destiny no salt whatsoever lol good quote though I think everyone's tolerance for being kept in the dark and drip fed information is at an all time low and this dev team would be smart to learn from other game developer's mistakes with their fan base. Time is infinite patience is not.

I think it has about half and half blame between Bungie and Activision. And yeah, that's not even suitable to go on about, because that is a rolling dumpster fire heading for a tire dump. Not even a going to admit how many hours, but long enough to have gotten most every weapon, armor or sparrow (except for Necrochasm Yr. 1). Eventually, the infinite curves back on itself and arrives back at the beginning, which is where we are now.

If you aren't respected enough to be told the truth, then you have been told to get :red:ed. If that party then tries to blame a 3rd party for part of that, you are still being told to get :red:ed. If you exploit a whole subset of your ecosystem to test your product without any compensation and a whole heap of risk, you are still getting :red:ed. I never said me, I was referring to the Xbox community. I understand that you may want to personalize this to make a point, but it's moot. I was referring to people letting off steam about a bad situation. It's irrelevant if I like it; the Community doesn't like it.

Personally, if I hadn't owned this game since it came out, I would ask for a refund. But I'm not, because God dammit, I want to play it. However, being lied to, told its someone else's fault, and then given recycled information being touted as new is as disrespectful as I can imagine. But hey, maybe you're the kind of person that has never been lied to.

You can have your opinions but read the post better before reacting. Taking the piss out of bull:red: is warranted to anyone who :red:s up a release this badly and can't even offer a simple apology. My main beef is Pipeworks wanted parity; look it up. This isn't parity (or favoritism), it's ridiculous to the point of absurdity. And I think the whole of consoles have been patient for quite a while. Surely you can admit that this was a bad situation, right?

Plus, if I paid for the update, would that make it easier for them to release it? Hardly.

My apologies. I don't mean yourself personally, but the community as a whole. I fully understand the need to vent.

My contention is that I can't see where Pipeworks have lied. From what I understand, thd situation is this: 1.3 was released for PS4, a bug in the XBox edition prevented a release on that console at the same time. As the time required to fix the bug was beyond the window for submission to Microsoft before they closed down for holidays, submission was delayed until afterwards. The update was then withdrawn from submission to apply urgent fixes. Once those fixes have been applied then submission will proceed as planned.

As far as I can tell, Pipeworks have been open about this and informed people of what has been happening. I don't get where the lie is.

You can't tell me when they said it was submitted to Microsoft and came back after Christmas and said they were re-submitting it you weren't like whaaaaaat? You said it was and now its not what's going on? then they were extremely vague and now we keep getting told soon how is that being open and transparent???

My apologies. I don't mean yourself personally, but the community as a whole. I fully understand the need to vent.

My contention is that I can't see where Pipeworks have lied. From what I understand, thd situation is this: 1.3 was released for PS4, a bug in the XBox edition prevented a release on that console at the same time. As the time required to fix the bug was beyond the window for submission to Microsoft before they closed down for holidays, submission was delayed until afterwards. The update was then withdrawn from submission to apply urgent fixes. Once those fixes have been applied then submission will proceed as planned.

As far as I can tell, Pipeworks have been open about this and informed people of what has been happening. I don't get where the lie is.

The lie was of omission about pulling the update. The problem with the suspend feature (which they could have just said on forums to allow the same submission time) sucks but it makes sense they delayed because who keeps up with forums. And at this point, I don't really care; insomnia sucks but it's awesome when it ends. My last point is this; if this wasn't rushed, why the huge problems? And if it was rushed, how did the problems slip through the QA, playtesting, and other checks? I know they aren't a huge company, but multi-player overwriting worlds? That's a Large oversight, almost as big as your game crashing within a few minutes of start up consistently.

Note of warning: The capitals are to emphasize certain statements or parts of statements, not in any way or form are they there to beshame an individual or group.

To those out there who say that this update is FREE and that we SHOULDN'T BE RAMMING them BECAUSE its FREE, RECONSIDER.

Many BOUGHT Terraria just BECAUSE OF 1.3, Terraria's sales even went up after it was released on PC. I dare say that people bought it on console for the same reason, to get 1.3.

Additionally, it would seriously HURT a company's REPUTATION if they were to NOT RELEASE an update on THE CONSOLE EDITION. ANOTHER REASON is that the CONSOLE EDITION is more EXPENSIVE THAN PC EDITION, and it would be silly if a less expensive edition were to get more content than the more costly edition. (Though, I guess that the console edition can be used like the PC edition by using a monitor, but not to its full extent, seeing that mouse and keyboard support is lacking on the console edition; but then again the same can be done with the PC version, it can be hooked to a TV - but you won't have the vanity that's exclusive to us console users for now.)

The lie was of omission about pulling the update. The problem with the suspend feature (which they could have just said on forums to allow the same submission time) sucks but it makes sense they delayed because who keeps up with forums. And at this point, I don't really care; insomnia sucks but it's awesome when it ends. My last point is this; if this wasn't rushed, why the huge problems? And if it was rushed, how did the problems slip through the QA, playtesting, and other checks? I know they aren't a huge company, but multi-player overwriting worlds? That's a Large oversight, almost as big as your game crashing within a few minutes of start up consistently.
Does anybody actually even know how to do bug fixes

I wonder if I would be able to 100% botw before the 1.3 update comes out

Whelp I got myself a distraction.
Oh yea botw ftw
[doublepost=1516376956,1516376633][/doublepost]
Exactly! people who want to defeat moon lord in the first hour of the release will go to pipeworks and start complaining about the next update. Why can't people just start fresh after all most of 1.3 besides bosses is in pre-hardmode.
I’m gonna fresh restart. I wanna experience the experience of this 1.3 experience and become experienced at this experience and at the expert experience.

Note of warning: The capitals are to emphasize certain statements or parts of statements, not in any way or form are they there to beshame an individual or group.

To those out there who say that this update is FREE and that we SHOULDN'T BE RAMMING them BECAUSE its FREE, RECONSIDER.

Many BOUGHT Terraria just BECAUSE OF 1.3, Terraria's sales even went up after it was released on PC. I dare say that people bought it on console for the same reason, to get 1.3.

Additionally, it would seriously HURT a company's REPUTATION if they were to NOT RELEASE an update on THE CONSOLE EDITION. ANOTHER REASON is that the CONSOLE EDITION is more EXPENSIVE THAN PC EDITION, and it would be silly if a less expensive edition were to get more content than the more costly edition. (Though, I guess that the console edition can be used like the PC edition by using a monitor, but not to its full extent, seeing that mouse and keyboard support is lacking on the console edition; but then again the same can be done with the PC version, it can be hooked to a TV - but you won't have the vanity that's exclusive to us console users for now.)
I was going to say something earlier didn't know how to word it so thanks for this but there is only a small amount of people that do the "be grateful console pigs" act so it's not a big deal

I feel like this thread is not achieving what it was intended to. It seems that people feel free to express hatred at each other without resolving any issues and, for a thread created to inform the community about nearby updates, that is not a good thing. Can one of the moderators please close this so we can go about our daily lives in peace (at least until Pipeworks gives us new news).
"So we can go about our lives" LOL . Who's forcing you to pay any attention to this thread? Does it truely affect you so much that people are expressing how they are upset and frustrated about this whole situation? We have every right to express ourselves about the way things are playing out. Its not just you, but a number of people come here and act like they're life is in danger because people say negative things. Go check out another thread, or better yet, dont worry so much about what other people say and do, and "move on with you're life" it's absolutely ridiculous. & I'm sorry if this came off harsh, it's honestly directed towards everyone thats upset about people being upset, everyone has a right to express themselves about the update, or lack there of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom