Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that when it finally comes out and everyone is playing the hell out of it, they take five minutes out of their day to thank pipeworks for all the work they have done making a great game more challenging and breathing new life into a world we love
Nah I'll just play it the same I always have
Right now they aren't working on small, inconvenient bugs. They are working on big, gamebreaking bugs that make it difficult to play the game for more than a few minutes.
For 36 days

Blasting through all the content then sitting on forums moaning till the next update???
Exactly! people who want to defeat moon lord in the first hour of the release will go to pipeworks and start complaining about the next update. Why can't people just start fresh after all most of 1.3 besides bosses is in pre-hardmode.

Exactly! people who want to defeat moon lord in the first hour of the release will go to pipeworks and start complaining about the next update. Why can't people just start fresh after all most of 1.3 besides bosses is in pre-hardmode.
I can't wait to be all squishy in expert mode and get cute fishron mount building in 1.2 without limitless flight is like stubbing your toe and headbutting a wall at the same time

I would deny that you have been given the middle finger at all.

How have you been given the finger?

As far as I can see, you have been given news you don't like. That isn't the middle finger. You have been given a delay, for reasons you don't really know anything about, other than those created through speculation and imagination. Again not the middle finger.

I really can't see at which point Pipeworks are supposed to have said :red: you, to you, or indeed anyone.

I haven't been on these forums long, but in that time I have seen people :red: at, insult and deride Pipeworks for not giving people a FREE update with a vast amount of new content in a quick enough manner. I'll say it again. FREE. Were you being charged and had already paid for the update, then you would have recourse to say (maybe) that you had been given the middle finger for not receiving it. You haven't. You are being given it for nothing. Nothing other than a little more patience. Surely you can afford that?

If you aren't respected enough to be told the truth, then you have been told to get :red:ed. If that party then tries to blame a 3rd party for part of that, you are still being told to get :red:ed. If you exploit a whole subset of your ecosystem to test your product without any compensation and a whole heap of risk, you are still getting :red:ed. I never said me, I was referring to the Xbox community. I understand that you may want to personalize this to make a point, but it's moot. I was referring to people letting off steam about a bad situation. It's irrelevant if I like it; the Community doesn't like it.

Personally, if I hadn't owned this game since it came out, I would ask for a refund. But I'm not, because God dammit, I want to play it. However, being lied to, told its someone else's fault, and then given recycled information being touted as new is as disrespectful as I can imagine. But hey, maybe you're the kind of person that has never been lied to.

You can have your opinions but read the post better before reacting. Taking the piss out of bull:red: is warranted to anyone who :red:s up a release this badly and can't even offer a simple apology. My main beef is Pipeworks wanted parity; look it up. This isn't parity (or favoritism), it's ridiculous to the point of absurdity. And I think the whole of consoles have been patient for quite a while. Surely you can admit that this was a bad situation, right?

Plus, if I paid for the update, would that make it easier for them to release it? Hardly.

If you aren't respected enough to be told the truth, then you have been told to get :red:ed. If that party then tries to blame a 3rd party for part of that, you are still being told to get :red:ed. If you exploit a whole subset of your ecosystem to test your product without any compensation and a whole heap of risk, you are still getting :red:ed. I never said me, I was referring to the Xbox community. I understand that you may want to personalize this to make a point, but it's moot. I was referring to people letting off steam about a bad situation. It's irrelevant if I like it; the Community doesn't like it.

Personally, if I hadn't owned this game since it came out, I would ask for a refund. But I'm not, because God dammit, I want to play it. However, being lied to, told its someone else's fault, and then given recycled information being touted as new is as disrespectful as I can imagine. But hey, maybe you're the kind of person that has never been lied to.

You can have your opinions but read the post better before reacting. Taking the piss out of bull:red: is warranted to anyone who :red:s up a release this badly and can't even offer a simple apology. My main beef is Pipeworks wanted parity; look it up. This isn't parity (or favoritism), it's ridiculous to the point of absurdity. And I think the whole of consoles have been patient for quite a while. Surely you can admit that this was a bad situation, right?

Plus, if I paid for the update, would that make it easier for them to release it? Hardly.
Very valid point but standing describing the water whilst we are all drowning isn't helping

Very valid point but standing describing the water whilst we are all drowning isn't helping

Also true. I would have willingly tested for no money, but that's not an option being presented. I think a lot of people would have jumped for it regardless of risk. But it's moot; it will take as long as it will take and probably still be jacked up for months to come. I'm under no delusions that I will be starting over anyways, but I would have been happier with something over nothing. Ffs, 1.2 still has a lot of bad glitches, even if it is stable. Still can't build at the edge of the world without dumping to home most times (9 out of 10).

No one lied to anyone. From my experience in the gaming industry, a set date for an update or release can change, because anything can happen. The reason why we haven't got any recent information from them is, I don't know, maybe because they're busy focusing all their energy on solving the issue they delayed the update for? Have you ever thought about that? As I said from a couple pages ago, I understand the frustration and backlash, but can't we act civil and not insult Pipeworks or throw verbal abuse towards them because they delayed the update for a smoother launch? Didn't the iconic Shigeru Miyamoto once said a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad?

Also true. I would have willingly tested for no money, but that's not an option being presented. I think a lot of people would have jumped for it regardless of risk. But it's moot; it will take as long as it will take and probably still be jacked up for months to come. I'm under no delusions that I will be starting over anyways, but I would have been happier with something over nothing. Ffs, 1.2 still has a lot of bad glitches, even if it is stable. Still can't build at the edge of the world without dumping to home most times (9 out of 10).
I have never had that problem myself how close to the edge are we talking about? I've got a afk platinum farm in the ocean that's the closest I've ever built, plus the Xbox bug must have been quite serious for them to back out of submitting it for certification or we would be playing it instead of wishing we were

Last edited:
No one lied to anyone. From my experience in the gaming industry, a set date for an update or release can change, because anything can happen. The reason why we haven't got any recent information from them is, I don't know, maybe because they're busy focusing all their energy on solving the issue they delayed the update for? Have you ever thought about that? As I said from a couple pages ago, I understand the frustration and backlash, but can't we act civil and not insult Pipeworks or throw verbal abuse towards them because they delayed the update for a smoother launch? Didn't the iconic Shigeru Miyamoto once said a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad?

I'm pretty sure not telling the community that they pulled the Xbox from cert until many days late is lying by omission. And does it really beggar their time to write something? Anything? Are they so busy they don't update their Twitter? I'm just having a hard time believing that they didn't see this coming and a harder time believing that their entire company is working on it. Most companies don't have the higher ups and in this case, community managers, working on those kinds of issues. Maybe this is the exception but I have yet to see a suit get their hands dirty, so to speak. And it was already rushed, to be blunt. I don't know much about coding, but I do know damage control and this is not it.
[doublepost=1516359742,1516359183][/doublepost]
I have never had that problem myself how close to the edge are we talking about? I've got a afk platinum farm in the ocean that's the closest I've ever built, plus the Xbox bug must have been quite serious for them to back out of submitting it for certification or we would be playing it instead of wishing we were

Visible screen edge on Western side, large map, somewhere to the tune of 1245 (give or take). Crashes almost every time I'm resetting my Chlorophyte farm. I either get real lucky or do it real fast. It has to be game breaking for a large percentage, of that I'm sure. 1.2 was a hot mess when it came out, so this has to be several orders above that.... I would be thoroughly impressed if it bricked a test console. Still, how do you miss that? It seems like a rookie mistake that should be very unlikely if you thoroughly test. I even asked if it was due to dev items being present, though I am at a loss to remember if I got an answer. A lot of what I see is segmented bosses/summons and dyes. It just doesn't make much sense as to what happened and why it's taking an extended time to fix.

I'm pretty sure not telling the community that they pulled the Xbox from cert until many days late is lying by omission. And does it really beggar their time to write something? Anything? Are they so busy they don't update their Twitter? I'm just having a hard time believing that they didn't see this coming and a harder time believing that their entire company is working on it. Most companies don't have the higher ups and in this case, community managers, working on those kinds of issues. Maybe this is the exception but I have yet to see a suit get their hands dirty, so to speak. And it was already rushed, to be blunt. I don't know much about coding, but I do know damage control and this is not it.
I agree dude but whatever the circumstances surrounding this update it hasn't been handled correctly and it has led to tempers flaring, but because these dudes are the new developers on the block personally I will give them the benefit of the doubt and only judge the finished product. I'm spending my time trying to keep my impatience in check but it sucks worse than anything has ever sucked before. Thanks for the info dude never knew about crashing at the edge of the world and I'm currently trying it lol

I agree dude but whatever the circumstances surrounding this update it hasn't been handled correctly and it has led to tempers flaring, but because these dudes are the new developers on the block personally I will give them the benefit of the doubt and only judge the finished product. I'm spending my time trying to keep my impatience in check but it sucks worse than anything has ever sucked before. Thanks for the info dude never knew about crashing at the edge of the world and I'm currently trying it lol

Mainly happens in hell. Lol, completely forgot that part. Kinda funny given the main topic.

meaning no offense, but that's how we felt last summer man. After being told soon for a year, being disappointed at every post, it is easy to be a cynic. At this point I just want to play the updated game that I love. Bugs or no. It's not fair that Sony players have had it for a month, and Xbox still is where they've been since the beginning. In endless purgatory. Don't know why I frequent this site anymore, same posts, arguments, and statements. It's Killin me:( Yep boo hoo right? Lol
Although Sony players have had the update for almost a month now that doesn't mean that the update is polished. Have you seen all the complaints of worlds corrupting? 505 Games were the people making promises they couldn't keep, Pipeworks have rebuilt the game from scratch and developed 1.3 fpor both consoles and maybe even mobile.

Blasting through all the content then sitting on forums moaning till the next update???
I have never once done that I'm chilling haven't been moaning at all even through the :red:ing (BTW I don't know how I'm going to blast thought the content when I'm restarting on expert and going for a most items experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom