Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir he has a very good reason to be angry u have played 1.3 so u have no room to talk you don’t have our wait time it was since Q2 of LAST :red:ING YEAR we started this and yes we are grateful they are doing this for us but they are taking to long stop promising release dates if you don’t have a for sure thing plus we are even more mad because they should have dropped console updates at the same time instead one at a time it makes the party feel left out so ur statement is invalid.
Yeah man, I’ve been waiting since the update originally came out for pc for the devs to say anything
[doublepost=1516495175,1516494743][/doublepost]
In your opinion.

In my opinion they have provided a rewrite of a game that is superior (bugs, UI and controls notwithstanding) to the one we had before.

I spent many hundreds of hours playing 1.2, so I'm pretty familiar with that version. Since the update I have clocked up over 200 hours, and I have to say I am more than pleased with it.

Ok, so I have had my share of crashes. All of them seem to be fairly consistent and avoidable, such that in the last two week I haven't had single crash. I lost a couple of items early after the update, crap items admittedly as I had started a fresh game after the update (no legacy world or characters), but after disabling auto select that hasn't been an issue.

I'm not sure whether your annoyed because you have the update and don't like it, or you don't have the update and also don't like it.

If it's because you're having troubles after the update, then please try playing in a new world with a new character (and I mean entirely new; no sneaking things in, just to give you a head start. A lot of the new stuff is early game useful, and makes it entirely possible to get the Moon Lord very quickly.) It's a much smoother game then.

If, on the other hand, it's because you don't yet have the update, then please be patient. You will get it.
I have been waiting so damn long. I’m just tired of the devs just leaving us in the dark for a LONG time and then announcing one thing after another only to be incorrect every time. I thought that they would make more progress than they did and also not send out game crashing and corrupting updates while simultaneously throwing ps4 players under the bus.

I have been waiting so damn long. I’m just tired of the devs just leaving us in the dark for a LONG time and then announcing one thing after another only to be incorrect every time. I thought that they would make more progress than they did and also not send out game crashing and corrupting updates while simultaneously throwing ps4 players under the bus.

I completely understand. We all waited a long time for this, and I wish you could have had the update at the same time. I really do.

My gripe isn't with people being annoyed. It's understandable. I would be pretty pissed if it were the other way around. What I don't like is people being :red:s about it, and calling the people who have worked hard on it all the names under the sun.

I guess for me, it's because I used to code. Mostly html/php/sql but also c and c++. People often :red: about coders and their resultant software without ever understanding the complexity or difficulty that it entails. That really yanks my beard -.- It's also why I stopped.

I completely understand. We all waited a long time for this, and I wish you could have had the update at the same time. I really do.

My gripe isn't with people being annoyed. It's understandable. I would be pretty pissed if it were the other way around. What I don't like is people being :red:s about it, and calling the people who have worked hard on it all the names under the sun.

I guess for me, it's because I used to code. Mostly html/php/sql but also c and c++. People often :red: about coders and their resultant software without ever understanding the complexity or difficulty that it entails. That really yanks my beard -.- It's also why I stopped.
Writing code can be really fickle especially if new blood gets involved (look at tf2 its code is a riddled mess and is one of the main reasons it takes a while for major patches hell the pyro update took a year and as a pyro main the wait was excruciating but I loved the update and the new maps) one minor thing can :red: up everything.

True, it's over a month since the planned release date...er...almost a year lol
I don't know a single game company who has had so many delays. It would be Re-logics worst nightmare if this isn't fixed sooner then later. I can imagine how much trouble 505/pipeworks has been in. This will definitely and has reflected badly on all teams. I almost feel sorry for them. I really do hope that they pull together and get things up and running. For their sake.

True, it's over a month since the planned release date...er...almost a year lol
I don't know a single game company who has had so many delays. It would be Re-logics worst nightmare if this isn't fixed sooner then later. I can imagine how much trouble 505/pipeworks has been in. This will definitely and has reflected badly on all teams. I almost feel sorry for them. I really do hope that they pull together and get things up and running. For their sake.
I know 2 games that went through hell that were released by gearbox but they are both :red:.
DukeNukemForever.jpg
AliensColonialMarines.png

Last edited:
Yeah but Terraria does not at all suck. It's one of best sandbox games I've ever played. To be honest, it is the best! That's why it's been hard for everyone. Screw the flamers and trolls. This game deserves to be on a console, I'd hate it if my kids had to take turns at on a PC to play it. That is if we even got it for PC. The console is definetly something that they can enjoy together and work as a team or battle each other. (Ps they'd kill eachother if they had to take turns and I'd like to avoid them fighting much as possible)

i was giving a example of games that were going through delays after delays and even cancellation that people wanted that got released unfinished with ugly graphics and that has terrible ai or bugs sometimes both basically what i'm implying is if people tell developers and publishers that they don't care if the product is finished or not and that they want it now games like these will be released those two had people wanting to play it hell one guy held on to his duke nukem forever preorder receipt for Years after hearing about it.

While your post is pretty true, the whole "they owe you nothing" thing is a little harsh. It kinda makes me sad, actually
Truth is pretty harsh when you come down to it.

Would it be a monumentally stupid mistake to not release the update? Yes, so they will be getting the update out as fast as humans possibly can. Crunch time is a thing after all.

Is it bad that they've missed a bunch of game crashing bugs? Yeah, but :red: happens. Programming might be the hardest job on the planet to do well. Talented programmers are often like Sheldon Cooper, rare geniuses that just don't get why other people are so illogical.

Does it suck they missed release dates? Yes. They aren't doing it out of laziness. Managing programmers is like herding cats in a rainstorm too. Time management is often not a programmers best quality. Big companies do this by crushing the souls of the people that work there, figuratively torturing them to get something out on time. It shouldn't happen, and thankfully it's not here.

As paying customers do we deserve better? Hell no. We got what we were supposed to at the time we paid for it. They promised us extra stuff was coming, and it is. We don't get to dictate how long the process is supposed to take or what business decisions they need to take.

There are too many games out there to get hung up on just one. Move on, play other stuff and come back later. Terraria will be here then, and it'll be just as fun as you imagined.

Can someone please at least estimate when the update is going to come out? I know you worked hard on it but can you at least say if you resubmitted it to Microsoft? That would stop flaming by a lot. Thanks!

As far as patching goes I’ve not seen anything specific to crashes caused by traps. Has anyone else had this happen on PS4? I made a trap arena for the holiday events and it’ll crash randomly when I have it going.

I can't promise anything, but I would be very surprised if it didn't come within the next few weeks.
Are you surprised? It took longer. Again. It’s been almost 3 years. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I understand your hard work but I’m starting to doubt if it will come before March.
[doublepost=1516506512,1516506420][/doublepost]
looks like Opie is gonna be spot on
Yep

Are you surprised? It took longer. Again. It’s been almost 3 years. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I understand your hard work but I’m starting to doubt if it will come before March.
[doublepost=1516506512,1516506420][/doublepost]
Yep

My big thing is their not giving time frames. If their trying to get it done by 31 Jan then give the end of Feb as the projected date and release it early if it actually makes the 31 Jan time. Leaving things blank for the community sucks and lowers their image but I get the hazard of making promises you can’t keep. People are already trashing them for all this so transparency at this point would atleast negate the trash talkers and help the people who appreciate the company on board with the faith.

Also updated are never considered dlc the only game I know that does that is destiny and you know how that game goes
if you were playing at the time of console 1.2s infancy you'd understand.
I played terraria console when it was first out and I understand I bought the game not knowing any updates were coming out but when it's said that it will come out for 3 years it sucks and I honestly wouldn't have cared if it didn't come out at all as long as it wasn't just 1 specific console it didn't come out on.

1/12/18 Status Update

Happy Friday Terrarians!

The team is continuing to investigate and resolve bugs since our last post on January 5th.

We’ve got some great news when it comes to the crashes that the community has been reporting. We believe we’ve isolated and fixed several issues that were originally thought to be related to the crash on death or with the Stardust Dragon. It turns out that these bugs were related to segmented bosses or NPCs, which affected both Pre & Post 1.3 content. These issues were more prevalent in certain legacy worlds so we want to thank those that sent in their saves as it was tremendously valuable to the team.

We want to continue to ask players to send us a copy of their save data as it’s a great tool for helping us verify fixes. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

We also want to point out that we do receive the PS4 software error reports that pop-up for players after the game crashes. If this prompts for you after a crash please put as much detailed information as you can about the crash. These details can be extremely useful for helping our QA team narrow down some of the more elusive crashes.

We have a lead on the crash bug that is preventing us from resubmitting and we’ll let you know as soon as we have a fix in place and the update has been sent off to certification. In the meantime we thought we would share the news on the other fixes that would be making it in.

Thanks again,

The Terraria Team @ Pipeworks Studio

Additional PS4 Hotfixes (1/5/18)

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
[doublepost=1516507713,1516507621][/doublepost]How long would it take for xbox one to be released just want to know ive been wanting to play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom