Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y
$20 for a complete game isn't less, 1.2 was supposed to be the full game, 1.3 is practically free dlc if anything.
That made absolutely no sense
[doublepost=1516471351,1516470991][/doublepost]If we only got 1.2 it still wouldn't be finished because there is more to the game on another version and sorry for wanting to pay 15 bucks for a game that isn't finished but the people who paid 10 or 5 or whatever get the finished version and they come to us telling us to stop complaining whilst flexing that they are on PC and we should be grateful for getting the update in the first place (which I am grateful for that I really didn't expect it to come out at all until late 2017 so I do owe then thank you) still basically saying "you are lucky you are getting this in the first place peasant" even though it costed more I'm sure you can understand how that feels

Y

[doublepost=1516471351,1516470991][/doublepost]If we only got 1.2 it still wouldn't be finished because there is more to the game on another version and sorry for wanting to pay 15 bucks for a game that isn't finished but the people who paid 10 or 5 or whatever get the finished version and they come to us telling us to stop complaining whilst flexing that they are on PC and we should be grateful for getting the update in the first place (which I am grateful for that I really didn't expect it to come out at all until late 2017 so I do owe then thank you) still basically saying "you are lucky you are getting this in the first place peasant" even though it costed more I'm sure you can understand how that feels
What they were getting at was 1.2 was considered to be the final product for so long on the PC version until news of 1.3 started popping up.

Y

What @Superior Fiend was saying is when Terraria was released on consoles 1.2 was the finished game. There were no plans to ever make a 1.3 update for PC at the time. So getting 1.3 at all is a free DLC that extends the game beyond what was promised originally.

If and when 1.4 comes put, will pc have to wait 2 2/3 years for it as well?
its more like the dungeon defenders cross over. Thats more of a free dlc than 1.3
I’m pretty sure that a 1.4 will not be available in the future for any platform

While it is related to Terraria, the discussion of 1.4 is still somewhat far out in the future and is a little off topic for the Thread. This is about the Console updates and the bugfixes on them. Not future update speculation.

If you wish to continue 1.4 and overall future update speculation, this Thread is the best place to continue discussing that: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-future-and-spoilers-discussion-thread.1361/

Sir he has a very good reason to be angry u have played 1.3 so u have no room to talk you don’t have our wait time it was since Q2 of LAST :red:ING YEAR we started this and yes we are grateful they are doing this for us but they are talking to long stop promising release dates if you don’t have a for sure thing plus we are even more mad because they should I have dropped console updates at the same time instead one at a time it makes the party feel left out so u statement is invalid.
This is barely readable. You are acting like Terraria owes you something, when in-fact, Terraria owes you nothing. Period. Promises? Did they make you sign a contract? A release date is not a promise. Please. Just chill. You are not entitled to anything, so please, calling out others and complaining will not make anything happen quicker. Like many others have said on this thread, learning some patience can really help you grow as a person and is just a healthier attitude in life. Oh, and please learn some punctuation for future posts so it's not so hard to read. Thanks! :)

This is barely readable. You are acting like Terraria owes you something, when in-fact, Terraria owes you nothing. Period. Promises? Did they make you sign a contract? A release date is not a promise. Please. Just chill. You are not entitled to anything, so please, calling out others and complaining will not make anything happen quicker. Like many others have said on this thread, learning some patience can really help you grow as a person and is just a healthier attitude in life. Oh, and please learn some punctuation for future posts so it's not so hard to read. Thanks! :)
While your post is pretty true, the whole "they owe you nothing" thing is a little harsh. It kinda makes me sad, actually

If and when 1.4 comes put, will pc have to wait 2 2/3 years for it as well?
Then answer is simple, probably not. If 1.4 was being worked on, it wouldn't likely be known about until it is almost completed. And seeing as how the console version is a complete rewrite with different software, I'm sure that pipeworks/505 thought that it was going to be a piece of cake with a simple rewrite but have learned that it may not be as simple as first dreamed it was. There was a moment when we thought that the 360 might of been compatable, but the system lacked the juice to support the update. Which is totally why I upgraded to an Xbox One. The PC and the X One/Ps4 are completely different in terms of operating systems and code format. For the team it might of seemed an easy rewrite because c++ was supposed to be better then Java and other scripting languages. As it turns out, it's a bit more difficult to iron out. If you grew up with StarCraft / Broodwars / Warcraft and messed around with the map editors and dissected things like Poker Defence or Turret defence games, it's rather very complex and even the most skilled editors who brought us things like Yu-Gi-oh duels, Dragon Ball Z Sagas made several errors and bugs. Of course they don't even compare to a whole rewrite of an entire game, but for a novice it's a great place to start building an understanding for how difficult programming can be, and getting the right sequence of triggers to go off under the right parameters isnt as easy as it looks.

Y

if you were playing at the time of console 1.2s infancy you'd understand.

Man... Bugs suck. Once I heard that Terraria 1.3 would be releasing during Q2 if 2017, I went hard at preparing my world for the transition. "Whoops! The game is too unstable for release so we're pushing it back to Q3. (Q3 arrives) Whoops! Now it's even more broken than when we started! Gotta push it to Q4 and we swear this time we'll have it ready. (Late Q4 arrives) You've waited ages for this, and now we're proud to release Terraria 1.3 for PS4 starting today!"
"Cool but what about Xbox One?"
"Oh it's just got a few things left to fix but we swear we'll get it to you before Ja---"
Microsoft: "Nah, fam we on break go home and do Christmas things or whatever"
Sorry I'm getting heated over this. Bugs are bugs and I'd rather have smooth gameplay over things being broken

I mean, 1.2 for console wasn't exactly the greatest update in its youth. I had my first and greatest world LITERALLY ripped in half. Like, I went in and half of my village(specifically the part with all of my valuables) was torn to shreds by the underground blowing outwards. What was worse is that the part of the underground it had exposed was a thick wall of the sleek graphically updated ebonstone and don't even get me started on how the insides of my chests looked.
In just a matter of days, my game files corrupted and everything including my characters, hard earned valuables, worlds, etc. were all gone. Wiped from existence for good. I don't want a similar crisis happening for 1.3. I don't want any of my hard earned stuff potentially destroyed again because of an unseen issue.

Last edited:
You really can't please people can you, everyone gets mad that they bothered to work on this update even if it takes a while, and everyone would be mad if they didn't.

Pipeworks sucks pretty hard right now, but I hope that in some future their team improves

In your opinion.

In my opinion they have provided a rewrite of a game that is superior (bugs, UI and controls notwithstanding) to the one we had before.

I spent many hundreds of hours playing 1.2, so I'm pretty familiar with that version. Since the update I have clocked up over 200 hours, and I have to say I am more than pleased with it.

Ok, so I have had my share of crashes. All of them seem to be fairly consistent and avoidable, such that in the last two week I haven't had single crash. I lost a couple of items early after the update, crap items admittedly as I had started a fresh game after the update (no legacy world or characters), but after disabling auto select that hasn't been an issue.

I'm not sure whether your annoyed because you have the update and don't like it, or you don't have the update and also don't like it.

If it's because you're having troubles after the update, then please try playing in a new world with a new character (and I mean entirely new; no sneaking things in, just to give you a head start. A lot of the new stuff is early game useful, and makes it entirely possible to get the Moon Lord very quickly.) It's a much smoother game then.

If, on the other hand, it's because you don't yet have the update, then please be patient. You will get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom