Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this times we will have a good update and not a bugged one.

I really have to wonder what did you guys do during the testing phase. At least half the bugs i have seen until now(half being at least 10) were completely impossible to miss with just a few hours of testing. And the facts that you guys missed all of them really make me question if you guys even did a testing phase

Not sure @Lex1253. If it were me, and I wanted the safest route I’d avoid all slots. Or, if you have time to play with it, maybe test out if only the hook slot does it or if only the light pet slot does it.
I know for certain the hook slot or the pet slots do it. But the Light Pet slot might, because I've alway had my Wisp dyed.

Why do people want an update that will destroy their game so bad? Enjoy the old build while you still can cause its all downhill after the update and will make you want to stop playing altogether.

I'm guessing another week or so. Anyone else want to estimate an actual date?
With all that crash bug and other stuff I would say a month at the most maybe longer and a week and a half at the least that's just my estimate though take it as you want.

Dude, they LITERALLY just :red:ing told you they wanted to hold it back BECAUSE they were fixing the bugs from ps4 TO GIVE XBOX PLAYERS A BETTER START. THEY ACTUALLY GIVE A :red: ABOUT THE UPDATE, UNLIKE YOU.
Sorry for that it's just really annoying when people don't actually thank Pipeworks for the :red: ton of work they've done. I should calm down.
Your right not about the calm down thing you have a right to be angry all these dumbass are doing is making it seem like pipework is doing something wrong. Hell there doing everything right put it on one consel see the issues fix the issues on both consels every one is happy with there new fixed version of the update all you got to do is :red:ing wait to get the new god dame update holly :red: it's impossible right wrong I've been perfectly fine waiting when all these people are losing there :red: because God forbid you have to wait for something. Dame now I have to calm down.

As someone who hasn't really played too much with the 1.3 and onward Terraria updates on PC, the bit i did was super fun. So, I hope you can understand both my happiness and frustration with this update coming to Xbox One, where I can play with more friends than I can on PC (which has always proven to be more fun in my opinion). I love that this update is actually coming, but the constant delays are definitely not something I'm a fan of.

HOWEVER... If the delay is for good reason, who am I to argue. As someone who hates the possibility of losing progress, and just games crashing in general (PUBG, I'm looking at your Xbox version buddy) I don't really mind the extra wait all too much. The smoother the release is, the better it is for actually having a fun time playing, instead of struggling with game breaking bugs.

Pipeworks, all I have to say is this: Do what you have to do, I may be a little annoyed. But, hey, I get it, and I am completely okay with it. As a matter of fact, I love that you guys are putting in so much effort for this to go well.

Thanks for your work.:D

As someone who hasn't really played too much with the 1.3 and onward Terraria updates on PC, the bit i did was super fun. So, I hope you can understand both my happiness and frustration with this update coming to Xbox One, where I can play with more friends than I can on PC (which has always proven to be more fun in my opinion). I love that this update is actually coming, but the constant delays are definitely not something I'm a fan of.

HOWEVER... If the delay is for good reason, who am I to argue. As someone who hates the possibility of losing progress, and just games crashing in general (PUBG, I'm looking at your Xbox version buddy) I don't really mind the extra wait all too much. The smoother the release is, the better it is for actually having a fun time playing, instead of struggling with game breaking bugs.

Pipeworks, all I have to say is this: Do what you have to do, I may be a little annoyed. But, hey, I get it, and I am completely okay with it. As a matter of fact, I love that you guys are putting in so much effort for this to go well.

Thanks for your work.:D
This guy gets it

@Backaff, I’m not aware of any way to downgrade the version. The game will update if the console is connected to the internet.

@JellyMantis, the actions handled by forum staff is between staff and relevant members, and doesn’t need to be spoken of publicly. Let’s keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

Thats bad to hear. I have made my final decision I was thinking about these past 1.3 weeks. I will be selling my terraria PS4 copy. I have no more trust in the console version. I find all these bugs so strange and how the UI has changed 1:1 like PC, I just don't trust how it was handled. I only want to take a picture of one of my worlds so I can remake it 2.0 on PC. I really really hope it won't crash on legacy stuff (I haven't started it yet). Oh well will find out soon enough.

Was my first game on ps4 and have enyojed it alot, it was a good run.

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate t

THANK YOU SO MUCH I HAVE LOST SO MANY ITEMS FROM BUILD MODEEEE! WHEN IS THIS RELEASSINNNNGGG?
[doublepost=1515425025,1515424913][/doublepost]
Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.

I remember when you said you fixed that last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom