Items Sticky situation... Gel bullets and Arrows! (Regular)

WilliamD

Official Terrarian
Disclaimer: I really hate it as much as you guys do when I can't provide any sprites. Sorry about that :(

Gel is a VERY useful item! Well, until you get into hard mode. Then you basically have a better arsenal than just gel . Killing slimes for their slimy essence is pretty much an inventory filler unless you have a flamethrower. So why not add more purposes for gel? Here are my item suggestions for gel:

Gel Arrows KUpdkS9.png
Tooltip: Very sticky!
Crafted from:
-10 Gel arrows

Now what is so good about these? Well despite only dealing two damage, it slows enemies down on contact, and has a 10% chance to get "Stuck" into the enemy, dealing 15 damage in total over time.

Gel bullets bawuEE6.png
Tooltip: Gelly!
Crafted from:

Despite their low damage, (Eight damage) they have a 5% chance to "Lock" enemies in place for five seconds (Excluding players and bosses) for three seconds. They can also inflict slowness at a 25% chance! Plus they are easy to make!

Gel darts
Tooltip: The tip tastes good...
Crafted from:
-100 Gel darts

If the darts hit, they will do five damage and have a 50% chance to make the enemy be inflicted with slowness.

If darts miss their enemy, it will stick onto the surface, damaging anything that touches the pool of gel it creates and slows down enemies that get stuck in the gel puddle by 50%.

So what do you think of this suggestion? Also, thank @SnailsAttack for the sprites!
P.S: I still need more sprites XD

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. I always thought Gel needed more uses, and I suppose this is a decent one. Support!

This is pretty cool. It is always difficult to get arrows in the early game when you 1st start out, and crafting special arrows can be very expensive depending on how difficult other ingredients are to get. (Plus I normally only use ammo that isn't too difficult to craft and farm materials for and is renewable). Having a strong type of arrow in the early game that can be crafted almost instantly would make it more fun to use the Early Game Bows against enemies.

Also I'm probably one of the few players who almost always has Gel in their inventory even during Hardmode (Mainly for easy torches). This arrow would make this habit even more useful. The Bullet also would be fun to use. I might end up using these more often than just my Endless Musket/Quiver Pouches for ammo.

Looking forward to the upcoming Pink Gel Ammo!

This is pretty cool. It is always difficult to get arrows in the early game when you 1st start out, and crafting special arrows can be very expensive depending on how difficult other ingredients are to get. (Plus I normally only use ammo that isn't too difficult to craft and farm materials for and is renewable). Having a strong type of arrow in the early game that can be crafted almost instantly would make it more fun to use the Early Game Bows against enemies.

Also I'm probably one of the few players who almost always has Gel in their inventory even during Hardmode (Mainly for easy torches). This arrow would make this habit even more useful. The Bullet also would be fun to use. I might end up using these more often than just my Endless Musket/Quiver Pouches for ammo.

Looking forward to the upcoming Pink Gel Ammo!

Thank you :D
Comments like these make my day :D.

I have fixed some spelling issues and punctuation. Spelling on mobile is never good.
Ugh tell me about it. I remove things like tje and thw from my dictionary dozens of times and yet it doesn't correct that.

Anyway my only thought is that maybe the locking in place thing could operate off of knockback resistance. 5 seconds for 0% and 0 seconds for 100%?

Back
Top Bottom