Game Mechanics Strange Plants

MadCat

Steampunker
Strange Plants are great they are one of my favourite parts of 1.3! Before most dyes would have a paint counterpart now this isn't so! I think that painting deserves some love (I like building) Strange Plants can be traded in to the painter instead for 30 special paint cans! Thanks for reading my small suggestion. (I would love to do some sprites but I don't know any programs/websites!)

To make graphics similar to game sprites I've used Photoshop, the GIMP, and in the remote past, Corel Photo-Paint. As part of a (HUGE!) recent Humble Bundle game dev deal I got BrashMonkey's Spriter Pro, made specifically for the task. There's a free version of Spriter too.

100? because he sells a LOT of stuff especially during Christmas. His inventory is mostly full any more and he might explode!

100? because he sells a LOT of stuff especially during Christmas. His inventory is mostly full any more and he might explode!
I think it would be better to let players choose how much paint they need. If the painter doesn't have any more room for new paint, maybe the dye trader can sell them, or the traveling merchant can get some of the painters extra paintings.

I wanted something else to do with the strange plants though because once you have enough dye to fill every dye slot it's kinda just another item that's why i thought paint would be a good idea I LOVE building and It needs some updating sure the new bricks are nice but they're kinda expensive.

I wanted something else to do with the strange plants though because once you have enough dye to fill every dye slot it's kinda just another item that's why i thought paint would be a good idea I LOVE building and It needs some updating sure the new bricks are nice but they're kinda expensive.
If someone wanted to build something with the new paint though, it would be really hard to do anything with a really limited amount of paint.

That's why i suggested 100 afterward I was thinking 30 because you get 3 dyes from the dye trader The point is to put lots of detail into a smaller build.

I've always thought you should be able to plant a strange plant and end up with a Strange Tree. A bigger, crazier version of the little fellas, imagine the woods & fruits from them! Enhance building & cooking a bit more.

Interesting idea. Admittedly, I've never used paint, but I'm still liking this idea.

Maybe the Stylist could give some special hair dyes in exchange for Strange Plants as well? E.g. Dye that changes based on player defence or DPS. Dye that provides light. Dye that attracts / repels enemies (makes them more/less likely to target you).

Interesting idea. Admittedly, I've never used paint, but I'm still liking this idea.

Maybe the Stylist could give some special hair dyes in exchange for Strange Plants as well? E.g. Dye that changes based on player defence or DPS. Dye that provides light. Dye that attracts / repels enemies (makes them more/less likely to target you).
Hair dye! BRILLIANT!
P.S. thanks for all the support everyone!

Back
Top Bottom