tModLoader Summoners' Association

It's like when you summon minions their damage is determined from the time you summoned them and this stays until you quit the game, die or summon another minion.

Its always been that way... many lets players use that to their advantage to maximize damage of minions then switch to defensive accesories and buffs...

Its always been that way... many lets players use that to their advantage to maximize damage of minions then switch to defensive accesories and buffs...

And make the summoner emblem feel useless. Yes, maybe this is why I asked if it auto updates minion damage and because this is a MOD about SUMMONERS your comment doesn't actually help at all.

You sure you have tModLoader 0.7 and the current version of the mod? And the folders name is Terraria\ModLoader\mods ?

Yeah, it needs more work and balancing, I'm hoping someone will come along and want to work on it with me, since I've got a lot of projects and can't do this mod justice by balancing and having more of a progression.

I was unaware of the update. Thanks!

Minor issue, I'm trying to craft the Summoning Membership Card and not seeing it when near:

A table and chair.
A workbench and chair.
Whilest carrying around 500+ Gel and Wood.

So not sure what I'm doing wrong here :S Specially as I've already crafted the Minion Control Rod already.

I'm having this same issue. Auto-pause is disabled, yet the Card still doesn't show the information.
I think I figured out some of the quirks. In order to show minion count under the minion buff, it has to be A: a vanilla Minion and B: in your hotbar. The icon to show your max minions near your equipment will always show no matter the slot, but it's only visible when looking at equipment.

I think I figured out some of the quirks. In order to show minion count under the minion buff, it has to be A: a vanilla Minion and B: in your hotbar. The icon to show your max minions near your equipment will always show no matter the slot, but it's only visible when looking at equipment.
Ah that's it, then. I keep my summon staves in the bottom row of my inventory all the time.

Tbh I think that Minion Control Rod needs a better sprite. The one right now is ok, but it looks a bit lazy :/
It is a bit lazy, but I can't do much better.
I'm having this same issue. Auto-pause is disabled, yet the Card still doesn't show the information.
v0.2.1 release. Card no longer needs to occupy hotbar slot. Mod minion counts now shown as a sum.
QUOTE] It is a bit lazy.
8MAB7nj.png

BTW, there is no way to programatically know which projectiles belong to which buffs, so for now, there is no solution to displaying the counts for mod minions individually. However, if there is a desire, I could implement a feature whereby mods could inform Summoners Association of this information (in the same manner that mods can inform Cheat Sheet of custom cheat buttons). I'll only implement this if one of the bigger mods wants it, but it would be very easy to do. Something like:
Code:
summonersAssociation.Call("Buff->Projectile", BuffType("CoolMinionBuff"), ProjectileType("CoolMinionProjectile"));

Also, I've made the project open source on GitHub. I don't have time to make this mod as awesome as it should be, so I'm hoping there will be people willing to help this mod out and do the concept justice.

Last edited:
I went ahead and attempted to make a better sprite for the Minion Control Rod, as a first time spriter.
If you like it, go ahead and use it, I don't mind.
If you don't... well...

Edit: Did some respriting, made it look a bit better:

Attachments

• summoner_rod_v2.png
    summoner_rod_v2.png
    3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
An idea for new summon weapons. Gem summons?

Each one does like a respective elemental dmg,(Fire, Frost, Poison, etc) and the minion itself would be the og gem sprites Rubyold.png
Flying minion, shoots small projectiles/ at enemy.
Each gem type would be stronger than the last as seen with the robes.
To craft, I'm thinking a mana crystal, 2 fallen stars, 10 wood, gem.
Worst gem does 7 dmg. The worst gemion (gem minion, patent pending) shoots approx once every .7 seconds, with diamond being every half second.
Damage increments up by 2 every gem.
(I'm gonna look for similar sprites to what i'm imagining)
Wood handles, diff color gems, and that open part clamped onto the gemAmber_Staff.pngGemion.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom