tModLoader Summoners' Association

I have an suggestion for blood talisman debuff.
The more you use it, the screeen gets darker and eventually it gets soo dark that you cant see anything. Also it drains 1 hp per second

Something which has always bothered me about summons, is the dps limit.
for example, the maximum amount of spider minions which actually make a difference is 2, if you have more, the extra spiders are simply cosmetic, dont do anything, and you might argue that minions can attack different enemies, but they dont, minions nearly always attack the same enemy.

would be amazing if you could make an accesory which removed this dps limit, so multiple minions actually does something.

Hey @jopojelly i thought you could use a Blood Talisman Sprite that wasn't just a recolor, so I made this.
image.png

Summoners Association:

Compatible with tModLoader v0.7 and up.
This mod aims to fix a few grievances with summons and flesh out Summoner to be a fully developed class. This vision of Summoner is a summoner who has his hands full buffing and controlling his minions and has little time for weapons himself.

Items:
View attachment 84324 Summoners Association Card
Recipe: 10 Gel and 2 Wood at a Table and Chair

This card identifies you as an associate of the Summoners Association, as an associate, you enjoy the privilege of specific minion counts and max minion counts in the UI. Seen in action below.

EhzaqFt.png

View attachment 84323 Minion Control Rod
Recipe: Any Magic Mirror (Ice or normal) and any Minion Staff at a Table and Chair

This magical mind control device allows you to exercise even greater control over your mindless minions. Simple point and click and your minions will obediently teleport to their destination.

View attachment 84322 Blood Talisman
Recipe: Philosophers Stone and Cross Necklace at a Table and Chair

This powerful artifact allows the user to sacrifice mobility, health, and general well-being to greatly power-up their minions. The Blood Talisman extracts the life essence out of the users body and directs it at minions at a target. The targeted minions enjoy extreme strength the longer you can withstand the wretched mind-consuming powers of the Blood Talisman. (Suggestions for fair effects for this would be nice.)

Download:
Download or download directly from Mod Browser in-game.

Future Features:
I'd like this mod to eventually allow you to customize even more pure minion play. For example, I'd like to develop a system where different "gems" are placed in several "slots" in the Blood Talisman (or whatever it ends up being called). Each Gem will provide a buff to the minions and an appropriate debuff to the player. One gem, for example, could increase the area of effect of the buffs, allowing easier minion buffing, while simultaneously cutting the player's speed in half. Another "gem" could increase the buff ramp up time, while simultaneously preventing mount usage. Stuff like that. Trading the character's abilities to augment the minion abilities. Or not, who knows, heh.

So happy for a summoner mod, only things i can suggest are early game minions and armor sets, quick note: i can't seem to craft the summoners association card. :/

This mod makes 'useful' a very strong weak word. Because this mod is above 'useful' it's just damn right necessary.

11/10 in creativity

I'm having trouble installing this mod, when I use the mod folder method my game will crash, and I cannot find it in the browser.

So having played with these tools extensively I can honestly say that this mod is AMAZING for Summoners. Perhaps TOO amazing in fact. The Blood Talisman legit makes bosses trivial because of its insane damage ramp up. That's not necessarily a BAD thing but it's like once you get it the game doesn't hold much challenge anymore. Also because of buff/debuff limits if you pot up for a fight and then use it you actually run the risk of losing your summons and potion buffs.

I'm having trouble installing this mod, when I use the mod folder method my game will crash, and I cannot find it in the browser.
You sure you have tModLoader 0.7 and the current version of the mod? And the folders name is Terraria\ModLoader\mods ?

So having played with these tools extensively I can honestly say that this mod is AMAZING for Summoners. Perhaps TOO amazing in fact. The Blood Talisman legit makes bosses trivial because of its insane damage ramp up. That's not necessarily a BAD thing but it's like once you get it the game doesn't hold much challenge anymore. Also because of buff/debuff limits if you pot up for a fight and then use it you actually run the risk of losing your summons and potion buffs.

Yeah, it needs more work and balancing, I'm hoping someone will come along and want to work on it with me, since I've got a lot of projects and can't do this mod justice by balancing and having more of a progression.

Back
Top Bottom