Weapons & Equip Swordfish is a... Spear?

stormconure

Duke Fishron
The Swordfish is a weapon-fish obtained from fishing.
image.jpg

But... It's a spear.

It should be a SWORD. I mean it's a SWORDfish. All I'm suggesting is that it has a sword-swing animation and half its current knockback- making it about just as powerful as it was before. (It's easier to land a hit with the swordswing animation, but the reduced knockback balances this.) Besides, this makes the name "swordfish" sound more realistic.
Or just change the name to "Spearfish". (Just kidding.)

It's only logical. What do you think?

Swords can be used like spears.

To be honest, it'd be weirder swinging it, because the apparent weight distribution makes is terrible for cutting, but really good for thrusts. But this is Terraria, and logic is nothing in the face of re-logic.

Last edited:
Purple Clubberfish is a Sword. Frost Daggerfish is a throwing knife. Pickaxe is a pick but Pickaxe Axe is a pickaxe or cutter mattock. Wiring is done using a plumber's pipe wrench…

Truth be told, I'm surprised when items in Terraria have names that really do match what they are or do.

You know, I was about to come in here and make a point about how its rather odd that the Swordfish is called a Swordfish at all in real life, since its bill is rather spearlike (thus justifying its behavior as a spear), but upon reviewing some information online, it does appear as if Swordfish uses its bill with a slashing motion, more or less equivalent to a sword.

So I've got nothing I suppose. *shrugs*

You know, I was about to come in here and make a point about how its rather odd that the Swordfish is called a Swordfish at all in real life, since its bill is rather spearlike (thus justifying its behavior as a spear), but upon reviewing some information online, it does appear as if Swordfish uses its bill with a slashing motion, more or less equivalent to a sword.

So I've got nothing I suppose. *shrugs*
I think it was called that because it looks similar to a fencing sword.

Looking back, my previous comment was kinda oblique. So here goes a more direct reply.

I appreciate the sentiment but figure things are so confuzzled already that there's no point trying to straighten them back out. Might as well soldier on and let the weirdness drip off. :dryadsmile:

Honestly, there does not need to be more swords in this game. 1.3 added a grand total of zero spears and reducing the already dwindling number would cause more issues with this. For that reason: Game Mechanics > Logic

Back
Top Bottom