[T-MEC] Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps

I don't see a join button. Maybe it joined me at some point and I didn't notice or miss clicked and joined without knowing. `:p

T-MEC is amazing I love it good work I’m pretty bad at widening tho
Do you mean to say 'wiring'? Because if so you're not great at spelling either. XD But that's okay, this is a good place to learn wiring. Once you learn all the basics of wiring then it's easy to combine the simple stuff to make bigger more complex stuff. You can always message me with questions if you don't understand something about wiring. `:)

Hi I love working but I’m bad give me ideas
[doublepost=1555942061,1555941932][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1555942098][/doublepost]I’m bad at wireing give me ideas
I'm guessing English is not your first language?... XD People have made many tutorials on wiring in Terraria, but not everyone picks up on it right away. Tell me what parts about wiring do you not understand?

Hi I love working but I’m bad give me ideas
[doublepost=1555942061,1555941932][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1555942098][/doublepost]I’m bad at wireing give me ideas
Ok. To help develop your understanding, try to make a switch that will power a torch when flipped, but flipping it before waiting a few seconds will do nothing. Hint: Dart traps and teal pressure plates are helpful

You know what would be cool? An adventure map that teaches players wiring. There have been so many adventure maps out there that use wiring to make puzzles for players to solve and wiring to make traps for players to avoid. But the wiring is always hidden and most players never even look at the wiring and try to understand it. So having an adventure map that has signs to explain the wiring and how it works, then has wiring puzzles to solve to make sure the player understands the explanation would be a fun way for players to learn wiring. And if they are just trying to guess, the puzzles are also wired to traps in the rooms to punish the players when they get something wrong. `:naughty:

You know what would be cool? An adventure map that teaches players wiring. There have been so many adventure maps out there that use wiring to make puzzles for players to solve and wiring to make traps for players to avoid. But the wiring is always hidden and most players never even look at the wiring and try to understand it. So having an adventure map that has signs to explain the wiring and how it works, then has wiring puzzles to solve to make sure the player understands the explanation would be a fun way for players to learn wiring. And if they are just trying to guess, the puzzles are also wired to traps in the rooms to punish the players when they get something wrong. `:naughty:
Maybe start off with wire powering an explosive, then opening the door with actuators, then they are given various pressure plates and a teal pressure pad, and have to make a dart falling from the sky into a wire signal to open up a new door. To keep the player engaged, they then fight a boss against a harpy, but have to fix dart traps and fire them at the harpy to kill it. Obviously the player would be forbidden to place wire in certain areas, perhaps yellow wall could represent acceptable zones. It sounds like wayyyy too much fun.

Maybe start off with wire powering an explosive, then opening the door with actuators, then they are given various pressure plates and a teal pressure pad, and have to make a dart falling from the sky into a wire signal to open up a new door. To keep the player engaged, they then fight a boss against a harpy, but have to fix dart traps and fire them at the harpy to kill it. Obviously the player would be forbidden to place wire in certain areas, perhaps yellow wall could represent acceptable zones. It sounds like wayyyy too much fun.

No, first we start by giving them a Mechanical Len so they can see the wires. Then they can tell where the wires go and which ones open the doors and which ones set off traps. Later it will get harder because the wires will go off screen where they can't see them and the only way to know what wire does what is by looking at the logic gate puzzles in the room. I was thinking Gem Spark Blocks in the background will be used to let the players know where they can place wire, logic gates, traps, and other items given to solve puzzles. Some rooms will just have devices wired up and logic gates but the player can't change any of them and they just have to answer a multiple choice question about the device they see in the room. Maybe even have it so they get a chest after each room and if they get it right on the first try they get the better chest. The chest could have Defender Medals in them and at the end the number of them they have will count as their final score.

No, first we start by giving them a Mechanical Len so they can see the wires. Then they can tell where the wires go and which ones open the doors and which ones set off traps. Later it will get harder because the wires will go off screen where they can't see them and the only way to know what wire does what is by looking at the logic gate puzzles in the room. I was thinking Gem Spark Blocks in the background will be used to let the players know where they can place wire, logic gates, traps, and other items given to solve puzzles. Some rooms will just have devices wired up and logic gates but the player can't change any of them and they just have to answer a multiple choice question about the device they see in the room. Maybe even have it so they get a chest after each room and if they get it right on the first try they get the better chest. The chest could have Defender Medals in them and at the end the number of them they have will count as their final score.
I had a more "they do the wiring" approach to it but I think that both ideas could have some really cool results.

I had a more "they do the wiring" approach to it but I think that both ideas could have some really cool results.

No, no, no. There will be "they do the wiring" parts. We just start them off with some simple look and understand puzzles. Later we give them a Red Wrench and Wire Cutters to solve puzzles with. That is why I said Gem Spark blocks in the background for the places they can place WIRE, logic gates, traps, etc...
We could even make the adventure map very 'Metroidvania' like where the player can only solve the simple puzzle first because they only have the Red Wrench and later when they get the other colors they can solve more advance puzzles and get into other areas of the map.

Hello! Please, anybody understood it: " A very practical use of this is a one-way wire: when a logic gate receives a signal it does nothing, but triggering the faulty lamp above it does send a signal. The logic gate lamp under the faulty lamps needs to be on. Also, this wire can be turned off by sending a signal to the logic gate lamp. Making two of these lets the player control all four possible states of a wire: Off, on (A->B), on (A<-B), on (A<-->B). "(Faulty Lamps)? How construct it?

Back
Top Bottom