[T-MEC] Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps

Not sure I fully understand what you are asking. It would help if you drew a diagram. But wires that are connected only to the output of a logic gate can't affect the wires that are only connected to the logic gate lamps. So they are one way. Also technically wires in Terraria don't have an ON/OFF state because they just send a pulse through the wire and don't have a continuous current the way wires in real life do.

Not sure I fully understand what you are asking. It would help if you drew a diagram. But wires that are connected only to the output of a logic gate can't affect the wires that are only connected to the logic gate lamps. So they are one way. Also technically wires in Terraria don't have an ON/OFF state because they just send a pulse through the wire and don't have a continuous current the way wires in real life do.

Hello, friend. Tks for your post.

I made this video to explain better:

That text it's in the Official Terraria Wiki site, Logic Gates, chapter Faulty Lamps: Logic Gates

I want to understand what it means, because I want to draw it. Maybe post it on Wikki page, because the text is very confusing (for me ... I am a noob).

You sad in your text: "So they are one way". Correct, but my doubts are these (in wiki text):

1) " A very practical use of this is a one-way wire": What wire? The faulty lamp, the "on" logic gate lamp or the logic gate wire?
2) "Also, this wire can be turned off": Where? What wire? The faulty lamp wire or the logic gate wire?
3) "Making two of these": What is "these"?
4) "(A->B), on (A<-B), on (A<-->B)": What's "A", "B", "<-", "->", "<-->"? They are lamps, wires, ... The wires in the faulty lamp and logic gate?

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know ... I'm going crazy because of this :(

Hello, friend. Tks for your post.

I made this video to explain better:

That text it's in the Official Terraria Wiki site, Logic Gates, chapter Faulty Lamps: Logic Gates

I want to understand what it means, because I want to draw it. Maybe post it on Wikki page, because the text is very confusing (for me ... I am a noob).

You sad in your text: "So they are one way". Correct, but my doubts are these (in wiki text):

1) " A very practical use of this is a one-way wire": What wire? The faulty lamp, the "on" logic gate lamp or the logic gate wire?
2) "Also, this wire can be turned off": Where? What wire? The faulty lamp wire or the logic gate wire?
3) "Making two of these": What is "these"?
4) "(A->B), on (A<-B), on (A<-->B)": What's "A", "B", "<-", "->", "<-->"? They are lamps, wires, ... The wires in the faulty lamp and logic gate?

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know ... I'm going crazy because of this :(

I see, so what you are saying is you don't get that part on what the Wiki says?
1) I guess the "ONE"-way wire is a little misleading because there is at least 3 wires. It should really say "one-way signal". Signals can't travel up a logic gate to effect any wires connected to an input/logic lamp. So this is what makes the signal "one-way".
2) Yeah, it's not the wire that is actually turned off, it's the logic lamp under the faulty lamp. Basically if there is a faulty lamp above the logic lamp the logic lamp is no longer an input, but instead can be used to enable/disable the input the faulty lamp receives.
3) The wording on the Wiki is a bit weird. XD I guess they meant 2 faulty lamps, on top of 2 logic lamps, on top of 2 faulty gates. Which is what you would get if you are making a flip-flop gate.
4) Also not sure why they would word it this way, but I think it would be easier for people to think of it as the switch or lever wired to the input as on/off and the switch or lever wired to the logic lamp under the faulty lamp as enable/disable.

I hope this picture helps you understand. The Wiki wording is weird. XD

Faulty Lamp Explanation.png

I see, so what you are saying is you don't get that part on what the Wiki says?
1) I guess the "ONE"-way wire is a little misleading because there is at least 3 wires. It should really say "one-way signal". Signals can't travel up a logic gate to effect any wires connected to an input/logic lamp. So this is what makes the signal "one-way".
2) Yeah, it's not the wire that is actually turned off, it's the logic lamp under the faulty lamp. Basically if there is a faulty lamp above the logic lamp the logic lamp is no longer an input, but instead can be used to enable/disable the input the faulty lamp receives.
3) The wording on the Wiki is a bit weird. XD I guess they meant 2 faulty lamps, on top of 2 logic lamps, on top of 2 faulty gates. Which is what you would get if you are making a flip-flop gate.
4) Also not sure why they would word it this way, but I think it would be easier for people to think of it as the switch or lever wired to the input as on/off and the switch or lever wired to the logic lamp under the faulty lamp as enable/disable.

I hope this picture helps you understand. The Wiki wording is weird. XD

View attachment 220626

Hello, friend

Thank you, a lot for your patience for answer me.

I am more relaxed after reading your detailed explanation, because now I understand that the Wiki text is not so clear.

Although, we have come to the same understanding and produced a similar design.

In my video I did a double circuit, like this attached.

Thank you for your help
Your observations helped me greatly to clear my understanding about the problem.

Regards

Attachments

• SovereignVis - Terrarian - modificado - 20190503.png
    SovereignVis - Terrarian - modificado - 20190503.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 182
Hello, friend

Thank you, a lot for your patience for answer me.

I am more relaxed after reading your detailed explanation, because now I understand that the Wiki text is not so clear.

Although, we have come to the same understanding and produced a similar design.

In my video I did a double circuit, like this attached.

Thank you for your help
Your observations helped me greatly to clear my understanding about the problem.

Regards

No problem. It is really weird how the Wiki would try to explain it with "(A->B), on (A<-B), on (A<-->B)" and not have a diagram labeling things with A and B.

Hey, so, I'm new to the wiring scene but I was wondering if any one had a design (or ideas for) for a randomizer. Something that could take one input, and give any one of an even number of outputs.

Something like, I send a signal into the randomizer, and it outputs on a blue wire, but If I send a signal again, it might output on a red or yellow wire. does anyone have a working design or have a starting point for me to experiment with?

Hey, so, I'm new to the wiring scene but I was wondering if any one had a design (or ideas for) for a randomizer. Something that could take one input, and give any one of an even number of outputs.

Something like, I send a signal into the randomizer, and it outputs on a blue wire, but If I send a signal again, it might output on a red or yellow wire. does anyone have a working design or have a starting point for me to experiment with?
I built one a while back. I have designs for 2 and 3 outputs, but you can always use them to expand on eachother (For example, if you connect each output of a 3 way one to a new 3 way one, you end up with 9 outputs)

Random Signal Splitter

I hope this is what you were looking for!

I was working on a massive randomizer for a map that I have still never got around to finishing. I think if I remember right it had 192 outputs.

I had also made a smaller setup for a random number generator. It looked somewhat like this.
Simple Randomizer.png

This setup worked great for the random number generator and it was nice to see the number very quickly shift, but if you want to output only one pulse...
You could just modify the design a bit like this.
Simple Randomizer_with one pulse.png

And it's easy to build it taller and longer to add more outputs.

I built one a while back. I have designs for 2 and 3 outputs, but you can always use them to expand on eachother (For example, if you connect each output of a 3 way one to a new 3 way one, you end up with 9 outputs)

Random Signal Splitter

I hope this is what you were looking for!
I was working on a massive randomizer for a map that I have still never got around to finishing. I think if I remember right it had 192 outputs.

I had also made a smaller setup for a random number generator. It looked somewhat like this.
View attachment 224583
This setup worked great for the random number generator and it was nice to see the number very quickly shift, but if you want to output only one pulse...
You could just modify the design a bit like this.
View attachment 224584
And it's easy to build it taller and longer to add more outputs.

Thanks guys, These are perfect! Only one question: what are the blue logic gates being used here? The green ones are clearly AND gates, but I can't find any images of a blue gate.

Like I said, I'm a newb when it comes to more complex wiring.

Thanks guys, These are perfect! Only one question: what are the blue logic gates being used here? The green ones are clearly AND gates, but I can't find any images of a blue gate.

Like I said, I'm a newb when it comes to more complex wiring.
Those are "faulty gates". They happen when you place a faulty logic gate lamp on top of a gate. They completely transform how the gate works, here's how: When the faulty gate lamp gets powered, there is a chance that the gate (now blue) will send a signal, and a chance it will not. This chance is
number of on lamps/number of off lamps. For example, if I had 2 lamps on, and 3 lamps total, it would have a 2/3 chance to send a signal.

Those are "faulty gates". They happen when you place a faulty logic gate lamp on top of a gate. They completely transform how the gate works, here's how: When the faulty gate lamp gets powered, there is a chance that the gate (now blue) will send a signal, and a chance it will not. This chance is
number of on lamps/number of off lamps. For example, if I had 2 lamps on, and 3 lamps total, it would have a 2/3 chance to send a signal.

Thanks again.

Just watching zerogravitas’ video i really lime the idea of a team of terraria engineers that are sometimes under appreciated.

I was able to create a water clock
With two 1 second timers
One inlet pump 1 outlet pump
1 bucket of water
One water sensor
Wire the timers up together, one of the timers turned off then wire the pumps together wire 1 timer to the inlet pump and wire up anything to the water sensor

my water clock (I posted this already just it disappeared)

Attachments

• Capture 2020-01-03 17_18_09.png
    Capture 2020-01-03 17_18_09.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 154
Back
Top Bottom