Tales From the Post War

Test Subject 17245 (TS172)(person 999)
A simple AI with a body made of metal, 3 years after the war he woke up in a lab not knowing where who or what he was and then looked up to see his human creator. Who made him just to have a happy life and a friend. They had a great life together, until one day many strange people enterted with arms like his but a body like his creator. Then they killed his creator, so he picked up the small firearms his creator had on him and killed the intruders.
Faction: Mercs
HP:350
Most proficient weapon type: Pistol (or any other small firearms like smg’s).
Least proficient: Any melee.
C-chips: 150
Base attack: 25
Items:
Dual uzis: Two small uzis that deal 2.5 dmg per bullet with 10 bullets in each clip dealing a max amount of 50 dmg (pistol).
Ability: Pistol whip (slap them with my pistol dealing 25 dmg).
Abilities:
Spray n’ pray: I unload all of my bullets in my guns each dealing double damage hitting all my enemies in front of me (max dmg 100 recharge is 2 turns, evenly spread).
Overclck: I go into a overcharge making anyone who touches me take 5 dmg and gives armor piercing on my weapon (unless already has if so it deals +5 dmg), but has 1/5 chance to over heat which Stuns me for 1 turn.
Passives:
Emotionless: Being a robot I feel nothing so I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORALS I simply do what gets me paid, meaning intimidate, angered and buffs or debuffs that effect me via emotions do not work.
Mechanical: Unable to be healed normally and has to be repaired and can be hacked.
A Computer: He’s only there because he is a programmed computer so he can hack, is good at video games (surprisingly), knows how computers work, and knows a lot of information, but can be reprogrammed hacked etc.
Is it ok?

Last edited:
Test subject 17245 (TS172)(person 999)
A simple AI with a body made of metal, 3 years after the war he woke up in a lab not knowing where who or what he was and then looked up to see his human creator, who’s made him just to have a happy life and a friend. they had a great life together, until one day many strange people enterted with arms like his but a body like his creator. and then killed his creator so he picked up the small firearms his creator had on him and killed the intruders.
Faction: mercs
HP:350
Most proficient weapon type: pistol (or any other small firearms like smg’s)
Least proficient: any melee
C-chips: 150
Base attack: 25
Items:
Dual uzis: two small uzis that deal 2.5 dmg per bullet with 10 bullets in each clip dealing a max amount of 50 dmg (pistol)
Ability: pistol whip (slap them with my pistol dealing 25 dmg)
Abilities:
Spray n’ pray: I unload all of my bullets in my guns each dealing double damage hitting all my enemies in front of me (max dmg 100 recharge is 2 turns, evenly spread)
Overclck: I go into a overcharge making anyone who touches me take 5 dmg and gives armor piercing on my weapon (unless already has if so it deals +5 dmg), but has 1/5 chance to over heat which Stuns me for 1 turn
Passives:
Emotionless: being a robot I feel nothing so I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORALS I simply do what gets me paid, meaning intimidate, angered and buffs or debuffs that effect me via emotions do not work.
Mechanical: unable to be healed normally and has to be repaired and can be hacked.
A Computer: he’s only there because he is a computer and can hack is good, at video games, knows how computers work, and knows a lot of information but can be reprogrammed hacked etc.
Is it ok?
Just need it to be cleaned up. There are missing periods, missing capitals, and the last part is hard to read.

So, I am going to overhaul blocking. You know, that thing that for some reason ONLY BYRON can do? Like, I'd expect more people than one random madman to know how to block... so now some melee weapons can have the effect Block-Ready! What this does is it allows a weapon to be able to be used to block. Of course, not all melee weapons can have this effect, either because they are too small or not sturdy enough, so please tell me which of your character's weapons should be able to block! Btw, Byron's ability will stay, but only be useable with shields.

Btw about Geoff, I know you want him to have a special weapon and all, but please do not forget the final, and very important, rule in the character rules section:
When first making a character, give them less powerful weapons, they will get more powerful weapons in the future.
This is important, otherwise once I get to adding shops or if you get a awesome weapon drop, you won't have any reason to buy/use a new weapon.

@IHATETHISSIGNUP I am NOT adding a new character right now. I just want some thoughts on this one in case any one of my current characters dies. If anyone else has any comments, feel free to add.

Fedora Ron (Matthus)
Unremarkable. Regular bloke whose only defining characteristic is his ownership of a fedora. Wears the fedora as a substitute for real self-confidence. Just trying to survive (with a sweet hat!).
Male
Faction - Nomads.
HP: 200/200
Most Proficient Weapon Type: Arrow
Least Proficient Weapon Type: Energy
C-chips: 100
Base ATK: 25
Items:

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. Can be used to smack people with as melee (30 dmg melee blunt). Block-Ready.

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. So many, in fact, that I am putting it in here once for each use. Believe it or not, this hat can be used as a hat. It helps keep the sunburns and rain off of his head. (5 dt.)

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. Nevermind I can’t think of many more uses for a dumb hat that would not qualify as an ability. LOL.

Ability: Basic Attack

Abilities:

• Fedorarang: Ron steals the Oddjob hat toss from Goldenfinger and slings his fedora at an enemy. He has practiced ricocheting the fedora back to himself (He fears losing it, as it is his only defining characteristic). (30 dmg arrow).

• Charming Chapeau: Ron, when threatened, tries to defuse the situation his hat-boosted confidence and charm. He attempts (with a decent chance) to make peace with the foe (at least long enough for him to escape).

• Cap Conceal: Ron, if he feels his is getting too much attention from foes, he can remove his fedora and tuck it under his shirt. Enemies stop seeing Ron as the slick fedora-wearing gent they thought he was, and they start seeing him as the boring bloke he really is; a non-threat. This gives him time to escape a fight (or at least reposition himself while the baddies aren’t shooting him).
Passives:

• Fedora Confidence 1: If Fedora Ron ever loses his fedora, he will become pretty much useless. He loses all self-confidence. Ron will only fight with his fist (only doing half damage). He will also try to avoid conversation. Ron will then commit himself to tracking down his precious fedora at all costs.

• Fedora Confidence 2: Ron, when wearing his fedora, is more self-confident. This causes him to be generally more assertive.

• Sweet Hat Bro: People are generally more “chill” and trusting around Ron thanks to his charming hat.
[doublepost=1525828863,1525828690][/doublepost]I thought it would be funny to try and make a character with only one item.

A: He can use other items if he has his fedora, right? Because he needs to be able to get better items in the future.

B: Could you add at the end a charming chapeau’s description a simplified thing saying, say, “50% chance of temporary pacifying target”?

C: Could you do a similar thing to Cap Conceal, making him saying, perhaps, it stuns all enemies?

A: Well, the whole gimmick was the fedora, but I guess he can use other items if he wants.
B,C: okay
[doublepost=1525862115,1525862063][/doublepost]Fedora Ron (Matthus)

Unremarkable. Regular bloke whose only defining characteristic is his ownership of a fedora. Wears the fedora as a substitute for real self-confidence. Just trying to survive (with a sweet hat!).

Male

Faction - Nomads.

HP: 200/200

Most Proficient Weapon Type: Arrow

C-chips: 100

Base ATK: 25

Items:

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. Can be used to smack people with as a melee attack (30 dmg melee blunt). Block-Ready.

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. So many, in fact, that I am putting it in here once for each use. Believe it or not, this hat can be used as a hat. It helps keep the sunburns and rain off of his head. (5 dt.)

• Suave Fedora - A very nice looking fedora with a surprising amount of uses. Nevermind I can’t think of many more uses for a dumb hat that would not qualify as an ability. LOL.

Abilities:

• Fedorarang: Ron steals the Oddjob hat toss from Goldenfinger and slings his fedora at an enemy. He has practiced ricocheting the fedora back to himself (He fears losing it, as it is his only defining characteristic). (30 dmg arrow).

• Charming Chapeau: Ron, when threatened, tries to defuse the situation his hat-boosted confidence and charm. He attempts (with a 50 percent chance) to make peace with the foe (at least long enough for him to escape).

• Cap Conceal: Ron, if he feels his is getting too much attention from foes, he can remove his fedora and tuck it under his shirt. Enemies stop seeing Ron as the slick fedora-wearing gent they thought he was, and they start seeing him as the boring bloke he really is; a non-threat. Stuns all enemies.
Passives:

• Fedora Confidence 1: If Fedora Ron ever loses his fedora, he will become pretty much useless. He loses all self-confidence. Ron will only fight with his fist (only doing half damage). He will also try to avoid conversation. Ron will then commit himself to tracking down his precious fedora at all costs.

• Fedora Confidence 2: Ron, when wearing his fedora, is more self-confident. This causes him to be generally more assertive.

• Sweet Hat Bro: People are generally more “chill” and trusting around Ron thanks to his charming hat.

Added melee weapon, reduced the power of assault rifle by 5, making full burst deal max of 60 damage instead of 75.

Geoff // @dyer5lollipop
Just a normal guy who is fighting for peace among the factions.
Male
Brotherhood of Tinkerers
HP: 350/350
Most Proficient Weapon Type: Rifle
C-chips: 120
Base ATK: 40
Items:
  • Assault rifle - Geoff's trusty AR-15 with iron sights. Deals 20 damage per hit, can shoot up to 3 times per turn.
  • Attachable Silencer - Reduces the amount of bullets firable per turn by 1, makes AR silent
  • Attachable Scope - Increases damage by 5 and gives more accuracy to each shot. Reduces the amount of bullets firable per turn by 1.
  • Bulletproof armor: well-worn armor. DT 10
  • Combat knife - a basic knife used in close quarters. 40 damage, 80 on a backstab.

Abilities:
  • (Accidentally put attacks in items area)
  • Dash: Geoff does a slide, tripping people in his path and going far in a short amount of time
  • Second wind: 3 turn recharge: Geoff reheals up to 60 HP
  • Disarm: In a close range scenario, Geoff is able to rid his opponent of their weapon.
Passives:
  • Tools at the ready: Geoff has the tools for the job in many situations, having a pack full of scrap metal and tools.

Added melee weapon, reduced the power of assault rifle by 5, making full burst deal max of 60 damage instead of 75.
Hold on a second...
[doublepost=1525915947,1525915885][/doublepost]
upload_2018-5-9_21-32-21.jpeg

[doublepost=1525916035][/doublepost]If your confused by this, I mean that I asked you to make it so that the weapon isn’t that character’s end all, and instead just reduced the max per turn damage by 15 and added an overpowered melee weapon.

I asked you to make it so that the weapon isn’t that character’s end all, and instead just reduced the max per turn damage by 15 and added an overpowered melee weapon.
Whoops... any ideas as to how I should change the character or his gun? I'll remove the combat knife in the next edit.

any ideas as to how I should change the character or his gun?
You should probably do something similar to the base Mass Raiders assault rifle, making it deal about 40 damage per turn but absolutely wrecked by armor, a great example is Test Subkect 17245’s uzis, however these are an exaggerated case as TS17245 has a armor-pierce ability.
[doublepost=1525985315,1525985151][/doublepost]Speaking of which, @Person999, would you like your character starting in A: one of the few and very popular taverns B: Roaming the wastes or C: Having a job going already? Also, is it easy to see that your character is a robot or do they do a full body cover?

C: specifically mass raider w/ Wolfgang and all them and yes it’s obvious that he is a robot (shouldn’t he have some dt due to natural metal armor)

C: specifically mass raider w/ Wolfgang and all them and yes it’s obvious that he is a robot (shouldn’t he have some dt due to natural metal armor)
A: Kinda late for that, I meant it in general, and the entire encounter might have gone differently had there been a robot.
B: :red:, your right.

Back
Top Bottom