Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting

There seems to be an issue where a user with a text color tags another user and it breaks the tag somehow, like the user numbers show up. I've seen it happen usually as comments on a status.

upload_2015-6-24_8-15-39.png

My post was marked as new, even though I came from an alert that said that someone liked said post.

Hello, this is a bug I've encountered on mobile. I have been using the android version of google chrome, with the latest version of android. For some reason my phone has managed to set itself using the desktop site, (it always has). I prefer using it, it has more features. Tgis big has appeared recently. Now, when I'm not zoomed in this bug does not happen, it's only when I'm zoomed in. But because I'm on a mobile device, its important to zoom in or I can't see anything.

If I click on the alerts or any other drop down except search I get this.
nbQZraj.jpg

It's quite annoying.

I cannot make out what that image is....or is that the problem?

EDIT: NVM, it finally loaded. What theme are you using? Why is the font so massive? Is that a browser side setting?

I haven't had any issues from my mobile side (I force to desktop as well), but I'm iOS....hmmm

What theme are you using? Why is the font so massive? Is that a browser side setting?

I haven't had any issues from my mobile side (I force to desktop as well), but I'm iOS....hmmm

• Probably regular underground
  • That's how chrome on android defaults to rending fonts, big enough so it can be read on a phone :p. It has nothing to do with the alerts on the right, though.
The site seems fine for me on mobile, running latest android & chrome on a Google Nexus 6 (that said, the phone is fairly large, so)

If I zoom in and try alerts, I can get it to show white on the side, therefore confirming his bug.

1. Be on a android device, using chrome (might be mobile chrome specific, you can try it Loki)
  2. Go to TCF and be logged in
  3. Zoom in wherever
  4. Click on your alerts
  5. The "popup" will position itself to where it extends the page size, showing some white on the right.
The further zoomed in you are, the further right it goes, it seems.

Last edited:
I've experienced quite a few bugs. For one: if you hover over a thread long enough the little info bubble pops up and doesn't provide any info. For whatever reason I can't look at spoilers, add images, quote multiple times, or reply without it duplicating the same reply again and again. I've also found that when trying to add images or other processes that have the ||| loading icon eat bandwidth like the Cookie Monster does to cookies.

Eventually I got the image thing to work so here are my problems

Terraria problem 1.jpg

Blank spoilers even though inspect element says they are there
Terraria Problem 1.jpg

Another problem is I can't edit posts. Ever. This happens forever
Loading.jpg

I hope someone can help me here. I just don't get why the site is hardly functional for me

That all kinda sounds like a connection or hardware thing (not that I am an expert).

What are you running and what is your connection like?

@Lizardeye

[adding on to loki's post above]

While we're at it, open up your dev console (the scrollbar looks like IE so open w/ F12, though same goes for chrome and firefox anyway) and navigate to your console tab, are there any errors (red)?

I'm leaning away from it being a connection problem (it could be, read later) due to the spoilers part, and leaning towards an error being thrown by something somewhere (hence asking for console output).

I've tried everything I have towards trying to get any of these to occur as he has them, and I could probably reproduce the first and last by just downright denying access to the forum, but I can't reproduce the spoilers via connection stuffs. Nothing, not denying requests, not artificial lag, not sending malformed data (though I didn't test that last one).

That leads me to assume that, for some reason, xenforo's AJAX stuff might be throwing an error, for him, possibly due to a conflict with something he has.

But, who knows. Nobody yet.

Last edited:
@Everest I've open the console and it is saying it is blocking things for a weak signature algorithm. I guess FireFox only takes SHA-2 versus the SHA-1 that the site uses. Also when I started typing this I got a warning saying, "TypeError: jQuery.easing[jQuery.easying.def] is not a function" for every line of text I made. I'll see what happens with a spoiler or editing anything.

So when viewing a spoiler I get this: Content Security Policy: Couldn't process unknown directive 'child-src' (I think the "'child-src"' is specific to the spoiler)
Otherwise everything else just says the jQuery.easing.def thing.

Also turns out I can't write an exception for this problem because Firefox is scared of a 21 y/o algorithm. It can legally drink now so I don't blame 'em ;)

I've opened the console and it is saying it is blocking things for a weak signature algorithm. I guess FireFox only takes SHA-2 versus the SHA-1 that the site uses.
Nah, that one is unrelated, it's to do with facebook's certificate (it's thrown for facebook's like.php page, not this forum). It does take sha1, it's just Mozilla prefers that developers use sha2 instead.

So when viewing a spoiler I get this: Content Security Policy: Couldn't process unknown directive 'child-src' (I think the "'child-src"' is specific to the spoiler)
According to a SO question, this is just a lack of support of CSP 2 from FireFox. It might be related, but I'm going to assume it isn't due to the fact I get the same error and it works fine for me.

Also when I started typing this I got a warning saying, "TypeError: jQuery.easing[jQuery.easing.def] is not a function" for every line of text I made. I'll see what happens with a spoiler or editing anything.
Yeahhh, that can definitely be a good place for all of this to be a problem. As for why this happens, I am at a loss of knowing.

Would you mind telling me what inputting `jQuery.easing.def` returns/outputs when run it in your web console, after seeing that error?

@Everest sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner, things to do with so little time. Anyway when I try to input "jQuery.easing.def" it outputs undefined. When I do just "jQuery.easing" it outputs Object { linear: p.easing.linear(), swing: p.easing.swing() }. I'm unsure of what this really means as I am not too skilled with code.

I cannot make out what that image is....or is that the problem?

EDIT: NVM, it finally loaded. What theme are you using? Why is the font so massive? Is that a browser side setting?

I think he's pointing out the big white bar on the right side where his alerts are.
  • Probably regular underground
  • That's how chrome on android defaults to rending fonts, big enough so it can be read on a phone :p. It has nothing to do with the alerts on the right, though.
The site seems fine for me on mobile, running latest android & chrome on a Google Nexus 6 (that said, the phone is fairly large, so)

If I zoom in and try alerts, I can get it to show white on the side, therefore confirming his bug.

1. Be on a android device, using chrome (might be mobile chrome specific, you can try it Loki)
  2. Go to TCF and be logged in
  3. Zoom in wherever
  4. Click on your alerts
  5. The "popup" will position itself to where it extends the page size, showing some white on the right.
The further zoomed in you are, the further right it goes, it seems.
Yeah, @Malaana and @Everest are right. Any idea of some workaround?

My posts on Yoraiz0r's profile appeared as if they were on mine:
mcfQepK.png

As you can see, the comment is not on my profile, but Yoraizor's.
Happened 2 times.

EDIT: I should note that I was using Augmented TCF at the moment. I disabled it but it still appeared like that.

Known bug with no known fix as of yet. Maybe once Mac and Linux or done Skiphs can look into a few of these

Hey I am having trouble joining a server of a guy called Pedguin, I cannot seem to join, it wont pass the loading screen can you help please the IP is 192.95.54.195 with a port of 7777. Thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom