Casual Tell us about your dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keigora

Lunatic Cultist
If you are looking to discuss something a bit more spesific, such as Lucid Dreaming or just what your weirdest dream was, I suggest going to the correspondent threads.

This thread will focus on dreams in general.
You can write about recent dreams, update with newer dreams and discuss other peoples's dreams, either in meaning or just your opinion of it.
You can also treat this thread as a public dream journal. This will mean that you can write multiple posts after each other, as long as they're new entries which corresponds to the next day. Writing multiple posts in succesion the same day is meaningless, you might as well just put it in one big post then.

Rules
What you can write about

• Pondering and theories about dreams
  • Dream journal (recent dreams)
  • Nightmares
  • Dreams that are special to you
Probably gonna add more when I come up with more or is asked.

What you can not write about

• Don't go into details when explaining sexually-themed dreams. (reffer to it as "doing it" eg. then we "did it")
    If you can't explain your fantasies in any other way, or had a dream only about that, don't bother at all.
  • Possibly offensive material
  • Anything that doesn't have with the theme at hand.
    Want to discuss something else than dreams? Get out of here and take it somewhere else. Pronto.
Now, what do you think? Do you have any opinion about dreams? What do you think they actually are? What's the recent dreams you've had? What do you think about the other members' dreams? Is there something you wish you'd dream of, or is there something you're constantly dreaming of? Maybe you've had some nightmares recently, if so, tell us about it!
Go wild!​

Last edited:
To get the ball rolling I'll tell you about this dream which has stuck with me for a long time.
I tend have dreams with extremely much details (at least that's my impression after comparing my dreams to some of my friends' dreams) and even better..! I tend to remember them in full detail~~

Let's start with the setting.
We were in this room. Quite huge, dusty hall. Old-fashioned with pillars stretching through the middle of it. There were huge windows as high as 5-7m up to the roof which resembled the roof of a chatolic church -- ornamental and high up. Still, I get the feeling we were in this sort of school.
Outside the windows, we could see a huge city. It seemed as the house we were in was placed ontop of a hill, as we could see rooftops inward to the city. In the skies, there were both flying contrapions and people, as if we were in some kind of modern steampunk city.
I think it was late afternoon because of how the sun shone a strong yellow, making big threads of light peer through the huge 3m wide windows we were stnding infront of, into the unlit room. It felt like everything had this sepia filter on.

I say "we" because on a straight, unorganized line along the windows stood I and many other people, presumably other students. On each sides of the line, there were 3 teachers.
Now, what was so special about this school we were in, was that this was no ordinary school. It was a flying school.
Along the line we all stood in, I could see people with many different types of wings sticking out of their back. Although not everyone had wings, most of us did. I was an exception though.. Now, I was new to this concept of flying and this world generally, so I got one of the teachers (the oldest of the bunch) to tell me about it all. She was sitting in this sort of mix between wheelchair and babychair. It had the form of a wheelchair, but the table-part of a babychair infront of it, so it was impossible for her to get up. Behind her, attached to the chair, she came fluttering on a pair of mechanical wings.

Now, what she told me was that in this world there existed 3 kinds of people. Upper, middle and lower class. The classes were not the kind of classes you think it was. It didn't matter how much you earned or what kind of job you had which defined your class. It was the wings. This meant there were 3 pair of different wings you could be born with. The objective of the school was to help the students find their wings, which wasn't possible to find out beforehand the wings emerged from their backs, which could happen in less that 10 seconds.​
  • The first pair of wings was the lowest grade of wings you could get. They were just as the wings the teacher who explained it to me had. These "wings" acted as a chair that became a part of you, bolted you in place, imobilizing you completely. Out of the back of this "chair" you were bolted in place of, would there be a pair of mechanical insect-wings. These wings could range from butterfly, to ordinary bee-wings. These wings could make your family detest you and abandon you if you came from a family with only high-status wings. It was very grave if you got these pair of wings. It didn't matter if you became the very major of the city, you still dishonoured your family with those wings.
  • The second pair of wings was the ordinary ones. They were like ordinary bird wings like these. They could be multicoloured, but that was rare. It was most normal with white, brown or black. If you got these wings, you didn't impress anyone, nor did you dissapoint anyone, it was ok, and accepted. When these wings were folded, they were just like how birds fold them.
  • Now, the best wings you could get resembled the wings of a birds, but way bigger. They could resemble the wings of how the angels' wings was depicted -- huge, elegant and very long. They could also be in the shape of bat-wings. They weren't as short as the normal wings, which meant that they didn't fold as the normal wings did either. In fact, they didn't at all. They could just stand out of your back, slightly folded in, but not in the same way as the normal wings was. Since they were longer, the joints were way more defined too like this.
    These huge wings could vary from huge eagle-like wings, to big fluffy wings, to very long and sharp wings. Defining feature was that they were remarkably huge, elegant and not to mention the best at flight. They could maneuver quickly and fast, glide for extended periods and gave the user to fly without actually flapping, as if they were weightless. The normal wings had to flap, was fast but not as superior as the high-ranking wings. The worst wings flapped very fast, but was extremely slow. like.. extremely.. slow. It wan't even an option to fly around the city if you had those wings. Might as well jsut use normal transportation like a buss or something..
Now then, I remember being the one all the way to the left on the line, maybe the 3.rd from the edge. I remember looking to the right at the other students who either had gotten their wings and trying them out, was still trying to get theirs or admiring an other person's wings. I remeber seeing one spesific dude enjoying his high-class wings. They were jet black, long and elegant. He was floating 2 meters off the ground, slightly rotating backwards as if he were resting on his back, with his magnificent wings streched out. He was looking at me with an expression I felt was challenging me, but it looked more like a mix of superiority and curiosity. Like he dind't want to admit he was looking, but did anyways.
I took it as a challenge and did everything I could to get my wings to appear.
Brooms were commonly used as a tool to fly on, but mostly to help us develop our wings. It acted as a trigger in a way. If we flew in them, our body would be tricked and it would make the wings appear.
At first, I tried to use one to fly on without wings. It was hard as it was like I was hoisted up by a rope, but only a few centimeters off for 2 seconds longer than usually. It wasn't particularily satisfying..
I can't remember spesifically what triggered it, but I remember I finally felt I got my wings. Let me tell you, it felt so real, I was worried I had broken some bones on my back when I woke up.
It really felt like some none-existing bones on my back suddenly decided to give in and burst through my skin. It really felt as like something was pushing against under my skin and burst open, as if the pressure was released. It didn't hurt at all.
As my skin ripped, a pair of very special wings was revealed. Turned out I had gotten skin-coloured, dragon-like wings with coal black skin inbetween the skin-coloured joints, or "fingers." They were very smooth and glossy looking. People were awestruck as these wings had not been seen before. Even the guy who had been eyeing me had stepped down from his high horse to observe.
I was proud and felt victorious to say the least. But as I tried to fly, which was still hard, but easier than using the broom, it seemed as I tried too hard..
In one swift motion and a loud "snap" my beautifull and special wings rolled forwards, locked in place infront of me where they met, and transformed into bug-wings as the dreaded chair seat rolled forward from under me, forcing me to sit and locked me in-place with my hands and feet stuck. I slowly began fluttering upwards..

I have never felt so much shame and dissapointment as I felt at that moment in my dream, irl.
I physically felt all my high ambitions, hopes and dreams get torn away from me the moment my huge, leather'y wings transformed into the heap of junk-metal they became afterwards..​

Last edited:
(This is from when i was like 8 years old)
I was on the back porch running away from burglers who were trying to kill a talking horse. Then I found two friends: a parrot and an iguana. I held the iguana up to one of the burglers' faces and the guy started to cry. He thwn took his friends and left.

The end.

I am almost completely certain that there was already a thread like this...
I checked. I found two other threads wich was more specified and didn't discuss dreams as is. I quoted them both in the post if you were looking for them..
I also consulted our great King og Tunnels if it was allright. It was k.

ive had many weird dreams but ill list a few short ones i remember

a black hole with an orange acceleration disc and it was slowly approaching so i went downstairs and hid then i went outside and said ''go away'' then it left. after i went back inside a black hole, this time with a blue acceleration disc approached and then the dream ended

i was tiny and i had to fist fight peter griffin

if i remember correctly i had this one dream where kirby was right in front of me in a pink room and he kept making these weird motions repeatedly. also i couldnt move and had to watch him

those are all i can remember but i had a good dream to share but i forgot it

To get the ball rolling I'll tell you about this dream which has stuck with me for a long time.
I tend have dreams with extremely much details (at least that's my impression after comparing my dreams to some of my friends' dreams) and even better..! I tend to remember them in full detail~~

Let's start with the setting.
We were in this room. Quite huge, dusty hall. Old-fashioned with pillars stretching through the middle of it. There were huge windows as high as 5-7m up to the roof which resembled the roof of a chatolic church -- ornamental and high up. Still, I get the feeling we were in this sort of school.
Outside the windows, we could see a huge city. It seemed as the house we were in was placed ontop of a hill, as we could see rooftops inward to the city. In the skies, there were both flying contrapions and people, as if we were in some kind of modern steampunk city.
I think it was late afternoon because of how the sun shone a strong yellow, making big threads of light peer through the huge 3m wide windows we were stnding infront of, into the unlit room. It felt like everything had this sepia filter on.

I say "we" because on a straight, unorganized line along the windows stood I and many other people, presumably other students. On each sides of the line, there were 3 teachers.
Now, what was so special about this school we were in, was that this was no ordinary school. It was a flying school.
Along the line we all stood in, I could see people with many different types of wings sticking out of their back. Although not everyone had wings, most of us did. I was an exception though.. Now, I was new to this concept of flying and this world generally, so I got one of the teachers (the oldest of the bunch) to tell me about it all. She was sitting in this sort of mix between wheelchair and babychair. It had the form of a wheelchair, but the table-part of a babychair infront of it, so it was impossible for her to get up. Behind her, attached to the chair, she came fluttering on a pair of mechanical wings.

Now, what she told me was that in this world there existed 3 kinds of people. Upper, middle and lower class. The classes were not the kind of classes you think it was. It didn't matter how much you earned or what kind of job you had which defined your class. It was the wings. This meant there were 3 pair of different wings you could be born with. The objective of the school was to help the students find their wings, which wasn't possible to find out beforehand the wings emerged from their backs in less than 10 seconds.​
  • The first pair of wings was the lowest grade of wings you could get. They were just as the wings the teacher who explained it to me had. These "wings" acted as a chair that became a part of you, bolted you in place, imobilizing you completely. Out of the back of this "chair" you were bolted in place of, would there be a pair of mechanical insect-wings. These wings could range from butterfly, to ordinary bee-wings. These wings could make your family detest you and abandon you if you came from a family with only high-status wings. It was very grave if you got these pair of wings. It didn't matter if you became the very major of the city, you still dishonoured your family with those wings.
  • The second pair of wings was the ordinary ones. They were like ordinary bird wings like these. They could be multicoloured, but that was rare. It was most normal with white, brown or black. If you got these wings, you didn't impress anyone, nor did you dissapoint anyone, it was ok, and accepted. When these wings were folded, they were just like how birds fold them.
  • Now, the best wings you could get resembled the wings of a birds, but way bigger. They could resemble the wings of how the angels' wings was depicted -- huge, elegant and very long. They could also be in the shape of bat-wings. They weren't as short as the normal wings, which meant that they didn't fold as the normal wings did either. In fact, they didn't at all. They could just stand out of your back, slightly folded in, but not in the same way as the normal wings was. Since they were longer, the joints were way more defined too like this.
    These huge wings could vary from huge eagle-like wings, to big fluffy wings, to very long and sharp wings. Defining feature was that they were remarkably huge, elegant and not to mention the best at flight. They could maneuver quickly and fast, glide for extended periods and gave the user to fly without actually flapping, as if they were weightless. The normal wings had to flap, was fast but not as superior as the high-ranking wings. The worst wings flapped very fast, but was extremely slow. like.. extremely.. slow. It wan't even an option to fly around the city if you had those wings. Might as well jsut use normal transportation like a buss or something..
Now then, I remember being the one all the way to the left on the line, maybe the 3.rd from the edge. I remember looking to the right at the other students who either had gotten their wings and trying them out, was still trying to get theirs or admiring an other person's wings. I remeber seeing one spesific dude enjoying his high-class wings. They were jet black, long and elegant. He was floating 2 meters off the ground, slightly rotating backwards as if he were resting on his back, with his magnificent wings streched out. He was looking at me with an expression I felt was challenging me, but it looked more like a mix of superiority and curiosity. Like he dind't want to admit he was looking, but did anyways.
I took it as a challenge and did everything I could to get my wings to appear.
Brooms were commonly used as a tool to fly on, but mostly to help us develop our wings. It acted as a trigger in a way. If we flew in them, our body would be tricked and it would make the wings appear.
At first, I tried to use one to fly on without wings. It was hard as it was like I was hoisted up by a rope, but only a few centimeters off for 2 seconds longer than usually. It wasn't particularily satisfying..
I can't remember spesifically what triggered it, but I remember I finally felt I got my wings. Let me tell you, it felt so real, I was worried I had broken some bones on my back when I woke up.
It really felt like some none-ezisting bones on my back suddenly decided to give in and burst through my skinn. It really felt as like something was pushing against under my skin and burst it open, as if the pressure was released. It didn't hurt at all.
As my skin ripped, a pair of very special wings was revealed. Turned out I had gotten skin-coloured, dragon-like wings with coal black skin inbetween the skin-coloured joints, or "fingers." They were very smooth and glossy looking. Not as sharp as the other types of wings, and very rounded off where the "fingers" protruded of. People were awestruck and these wings had not been seen before. Even the guy who had been eyeing me had stepped down from his high horse to observe.
I was proud and felt victorious to say the least. But as I tried to fly, which was still hard, but easier than using the broom, it seemed as I trid to hard..
In one swift motion and a loud "snap" my beautifull and special wings rolled forwards, locked in place infront of me where they met, and transformed into bug-wings as the dreaded chair seat rolled forward from under me, forcing me to sit and locked me in-place with my hands and feet stuck. I slowly began fluttering upwards..

I have never felt so much shame and dissapointment as I felt at that moment in my dream, irl.
I physically felt all my high ambitions, hopes and dreams get torn away from me the moment my huge, leather'y wings transformed into the heap of junk-metal they became afterwards..​
Interesting. A school where students are divided into different classes based on their powers, and in turn these classes determine your social standing.
I'm getting a real Kill La Kill vibe from this dream.

As for the meaning behind this, I'm no psychologist, but if I had to guess, I'd say that this dream derives from feelings of ineptitude. Perhaps feelings that you aren't living up to someone's expectations, or that you lack certain qualities that someone else has.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had 3 dreams that have stuck with me for a while. I'll describe the middle one first.

So this dream occurred a very long time ago, back when I was still a little kid.
I was on a tiny spaceship traveling the galaxy, a tad larger than a military helicopter. I never saw it from the outside, but the interior was comprised of 3 small rooms, each about the size of a small bathroom (and I mean small).
  • The first was the cockpit. Pretty standard room. This is where we controlled the ship from. It had 2 seats, and you could look out the windshield into space.
  • The second was the room where you entered from. It had two large openings on both sides, which lead directly into space. They were like the side doors of a helicopter, only that the doors were permanently open. Each time you passed through this area while the ship was flying, you had to be careful, or you could fall into space. And this was the room that connected the cockpit and the engine room, so you had to go here a lot.
  • The third and final room was the engine room. This was the biggest room, and the room that the crew slept in, with no beds, just blankets and pillows. As it's name describes, in the very back of the room was part of what I believed to be the engine of the ship.
So anyways, there I was, going through space to who knows where. I believe I also had a female crew member (a child as well, of course).
There were three places that we visited on our travels, but unfortunately I forgot one of them.

The first one, and perhaps the most frequent place we visited was this "black hole"-like area. It was more of a space whirlpool, that dragged our ship round and round the edge of it, daring us to get closer. Floating along with us, were these robotic stoplight-police hybrids, and in the middle, hovering over the hole that would drag us to god-knows-where, was...

...Mrs. Pac man. Lying seductively on her side.
Our crew never got close enough to interact with her.

Somewhere in the middle of our journey, we encountered a stowaway. While we were sailing though the cosmos, some sort of space cat had been clinging to one of the openings of the entrance room for dear life. As my crew member and I stared it with curiosity, it pulled itself up, and gave us a sheepish, guilty, cheshire cat grin.
It was orange, and it had antenna. It's whiskers were not hairs, but rather like those of a catFISH. After a brief introduction it joined our crew.

Alas, our journey finally came to an end when we landed on a lava planet. Our entire crew got our of our ship and stepped onto this wire mesh platform, suspended over half-molten rock. The platform was in the shape of an "+", but with rounded edges. Suddenly, this MASSIVE Diatryma showed up (about 7 times as taller than us) , ate both my crew members, and then ate me.

Then I woke up. The end.
I'll never forget you, space cat.

So I'm stuck in this rich French's mansion and me and my brother can't get out. Apparently there's a secret way out so I turn the clock around and it opens a secret compartment. Then strangely, my vision turns 2D and I say to my brother, we can dig through the dungeon and get out!

:red:ed up, I know.

I had a dream that my guinea pig was doing kung fu fighting off zombie hamsters in a Mexican restaurant and my principal was there and then I flew away on a unicorn. I have no words.

Not sure if this counts as a nightmare but I dreamt I went to a gas station with some car in the middle of a desert. Another car pulled up and some humanoid thing with no eyes and tiny horns got out and waved at me (didn't frighten me at the time) This thing proceeded to put gas in its car, as I waited for him to finish I saw in the distant a massive green dog with no frontal legs walking like a person.

Have no idea what this meant, Clifford from hell I guess lol

I remember a dream where I was in one of the maps from the game "unreal tournament" but I was unarmed. I ended up getting shot in the neck about 10 seconds into the dream. Unfortunately I felt the bullet impact and tear through me. I was unable to stop the bleeding and I went down. I saw myself from above except that the background was completely black. I got the coldest sensation I have ever felt, worse than the time I mixed ice and salt by hand except it was my entire body. Afterwards I woke up fortunately, i didn't sleep well for quite a few days.

There also were the dreams where I was my character in a modded Diablo 2. I fought through powerful enemies while going through the dungeons almost effortlessly. After I woke I made sure to record all the information I could, it turns out I made some crazy powerful builds in my dreams.

Of course there also were happy dreams, mostly me being in a great relationship with someone. Of course when reality hit it didn't feel so great. -_-

I seemingly have this dream that sticks around in my head. And, honestly, it was of the most amazing, action-filled dreams I have ever had. I can even recount it pretty damn well:

I wake up, feeling a bit ill and dizzy. Get out of bed, eat some Shreddies. Seems like a pretty usual day for me. Get dressed, go to school. There, I learn the first thing that has changed: I am apparently really strong. Some person decided to try hitting me. I didn't feel a thing. I hit him, and he drops to the floor crying. I remember seeing everyone be surprised, cause i'm really weak IRL. After going through all that, I go to registration. My form tutor has heard about what I did, and sent me to the Head of Year. I told him the truth, cause i'm an honest person. They told me to come back at Lunch for a detention.
Lesson one was interesting. We were in Tech class, and we were making a Lamp. Mine was made of wood and plastic. We were currently working on the wood bit, and something else happened: I was actually doing good at Tech! all my cuts were where they should have been, and I had practically all the wood section done by the time the lesson was done.
Lesson two was... less so. We had English, which I was awful at. IRL, i'm really quite good at spelling and grammar, but in this dream I was not. I kept on writing these strange symbols when I meant to write a word. I also began losing my ability to speak proper English, and apparently, according to my class-mates, I was turning a slight shade of purple. Nothing too noticeable, but there was a change. They seemed to find this as more ammo to insult me. IRL, this is usually how it works. One mistake can lead to several months worth of insults.
Break time: I went to eat my lunch, cause I eat my lunch at Break. I'm eating my lunch, when one of my friends points out that I am apparently growing a snout! I don't believe him, of course; growing a snout would be silly! But, I looked down at my hands (because another thing that had changed was my complete loss of table manners, and I was literally eating it off the table. I would not normally do this, but it seemed normal at the time.) and saw my hands were a deep purple, kind of scaly, and my 5 fingers had been replaced with 3 talon-things. Everybody started panicking, but I felt fine, and as such stayed in school, despite everyone saying I should go.
Lesson three was P.E. I lost the ability to stand on my own two legs, and was extremely fast compared to everyone else. Granted, I couldn't play Football or Rugby, but I was the fastest person there. My feet had been replaced by the same kind of thing as my hands, and I guessed that was why I couldn't stand up. My face had started turning the same colour as my hands and feet and the snout had grown further.
Lesson four: Geography. Well, I couldn't speak or write a word of English at this point. My whole body had gone to purple scales, my snout was seemingly at full length, and everybody was giving me awkward looks or was outright frightened by me. At this point, it was more so the latter. My hair had started falling off, and something had started growing out of my back. At this point, I had no idea what it was.
Lunch. Everybody is keeping their distance from me. One guy decides to try and fight me. Instead of clawing at him or whatever, I felt a shiver go down my back, starting from my head. I, somehow, knew this feeling: My scales were splitting apart and rotating. Purple flames spewed out of the gaps in my scales and I was breathing fire. The person who challenged me was reduced to a pile of ashes. Well, that was an interesting way to spend my lunch, and I learned I could breathe fire. I don't have much as far as a temper goes at this point, and everybody is fleeing in terror from me. For good reason, too. I had essentially finished transforming. My clothes had been burnt off during the whole "fire" incident, but, y'know, I was essentially not a person at this point, so I doubt the whole "public indecency" was a problem. Oh, yeah, I also had fully developed a tail at this point.
Lesson five: Well, I missed this one. I couldn't really have done anything at that point. My hair was completely gone at this point, the "feeling in my back" had begun to develop into some kind of structure. Nobody came anywhere near me. I am surprised at that. I spent that hour running around being an idiot in the grass, breathing fire, chasing my tail, etc. etc. Nothing really productive or interesting.
After-school: Bus driver didn't care that I was not a person (That was a WTF moment.) And I sat near the back, cause, despite that fact I had no temper and didn't speak a spot of English, I was polite. Some older person decided to sit next to me, and their friends sat right at the back. Part-way through the journey, they decided to mock me because I "smelled bad" and they didn't expect me to understand. They were wrong. I set the whole back off the bus ablaze, and dived out the window. My wings had fully developed at this point, and the transformation was complete. I was a dragon, now, and there was nothing anybody could do about it. So, I jumped out of the window and flew off in a large spiralling motion. I spent the rest of my time randomly breathing fire, rolling around in grass, digging out a huge, monolithic hole for a new home, settled down and went to sleep. At this point, I woke up. I cried for an hour cause it had all been but a dream.

That dream is special to me. Why? Because, since that, I don't take anybody's crap any more.
Inspirational dreams are awesome.
I don't mind discussing this dream further, if you want. I didn't want to get too detailed with it, but I can remember it much clearer than just this. Down to the specific designs I placed into my cave-home. It's clearer than some of my IRL memories, oddly enough.

spille mester.jpg just wanted to share this danish tv-star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom