Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

This has nothing to do with either of those. Did you mean to post on the tmodloader thread?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451850157,1451850020][/DOUBLEPOST]
Spawning on a cloud has been known to happen in vanilla. I guess it will be more likely with more clouds.

I don't think pyramids or living trees could be influenced by temple size, must be a coincidence
Heavens, I did :<! I wonder why I replied here. Sorry :)

This has nothing to do with either of those. Did you mean to post on the tmodloader thread?

On a related note though, is it possible to use this in conjunction with a mod like NTerraria? When I tried the world I created with Terracustom wasn't shown as available. Not sure if that was because I installed NTerraria after making the world though.

The "alternate hardmode ores" generation actually spawns the same ones you selected on the ores page, and those'll be the same ones spawned when you break altars. Easily fixed in TEdit for now. Thanks for updating this tool, I waste so much time on the random generator without it.

Is it possible to set the initial world spawn to a specific zone type? By random chance I've had Snow biome starts and Cloud Island starts as well as the typical Forest biome starts. It could be fun to chose instead of leaving it up to luck. And maybe toss in the rest of the biomes as options in case someone wants the extra challenge of starting in Corruption/Crimson or something like that.

On a related note though, is it possible to use this in conjunction with a mod like NTerraria? When I tried the world I created with Terracustom wasn't shown as available. Not sure if that was because I installed NTerraria after making the world though.
I think NTerraria has it's own folder that it stores worlds in. (Most standalone mods take this approach)
Copy the world that you create from "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds" to "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\N Terraria\Worlds" (I'm not sure the exact file name)

The "alternate hardmode ores" generation actually spawns the same ones you selected on the ores page, and those'll be the same ones spawned when you break altars. Easily fixed in TEdit for now. Thanks for updating this tool, I waste so much time on the random generator without it.
Good catch, I've fixed it for the next release.

When can we expect 1.6 to be released?
NOW!

Demonite/Crimtane, Hellstone Spawn
TYk4I2z.png

Pot spawn
O54CQWX.png

Preview Underground Backgrounds, others.

Jungle shrine amounts
ZMmlVff.png

Tree height (upper/lower bounds)

Surface Tunnels (0-5000%)
MYZa2FX.png

Multiple biome chest sets
TmcXOJL.png

Surface Lakes
4p1ts3l.png

Hardmode spawn strips
qon9vAo.png

Crude chest estimate (To help stay under 1000 limit)
IZZ4LNP.png

Fix pre smash altar mixup.
Fixed ore spawn amounts to actually work

NOW!

Demonite/Crimtane, Hellstone Spawn
TYk4I2z.png

Pot spawn
O54CQWX.png

Preview Underground Backgrounds, others.

Jungle shrine amounts
ZMmlVff.png

Tree height (upper/lower bounds)

Surface Tunnels (0-5000%)
MYZa2FX.png

Multiple biome chest sets
TmcXOJL.png

Surface Lakes
4p1ts3l.png

Hardmode spawn strips
qon9vAo.png

Crude chest estimate (To help stay under 1000 limit)
IZZ4LNP.png

Fix pre smash altar mixup.
Fixed ore spawn amounts to actually work
Yay!
Bug Report:
  • At the bottom left it says that the version is 0.1.5c not 0.1.6
  • Chest estimation does not take Dungeon size and Temple size into account, as chests spawn inside them
Suggestions:
  • Amount of Desert Fossil should be customisable
  • Tree density should be customisable
  • Cave density should be customisable
  • Sky Island size should be customisable
  • Amount of silt/slush should be customisable
  • An option to have 'unwired traps'
  • A cancel button on the world gen screen
  • Underwater chest spawning should be customisable
  • Lake size should be customisable

Last edited:
I think NTerraria has it's own folder that it stores worlds in. (Most standalone mods take this approach)
Copy the world that you create from "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds" to "C:\Users\name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\N Terraria\Worlds" (I'm not sure the exact file name)

Thanks. I knew it made it's own folders in the area the .exe is stored I didn't realize it had a separate folder for worlds in a different location.

Still waiting for option to generate BOTH or all hardmode ores :(
hope it was on 1.6 but sadly no :(
This is difficult to do, because when you destroy a demon altar, it spawns the hardmode ore for the world, so if you had both ores generating, it would probably corrupt the world file or something like that by trying to spawn both Cobalt and Palladium in the same places at the same times.

Still waiting for option to generate BOTH or all hardmode ores :(
hope it was on 1.6 but sadly no :(
Alright...I did it.

Yay!
Bug Report:
  • At the bottom left it says that the version is 0.1.5c not 0.1.6
  • Chest estimation does not take Dungeon size and Temple size into account, as chests spawn inside them
Suggestions:
  • Underwater chest spawning should be customisable
Done with these.
Ok, new update v0.1.7
aka
"The update where I finally figured out all about chest spawning":

Option to spawn both sets of Hardmode ores when using Presmash altars option:
bPIWfp1.png

Vastly more accurate chest estimate
AND
Mahogany Trees, Water Chests, Surface Chests, Temple Chests, and Shadow Chest controls
THEREFORE
All Natural Chest types are accounted for and adjustable (in at least one way):
6XfpFOB.png

Water Chest Spawn:
u8hJZGP.png

Surface Chest Spawn:
aVty8gx.png

Temple Chest Spawn:
pSFu219.png

Shadow Chest Spawn:
pmPG33I.png

Alright...I did it.

Done with these.
Ok, new update v0.1.7
aka
"The update where I finally figured out all about chest spawning":

Option to spawn both sets of Hardmode ores when using Presmash altars option:
bPIWfp1.png

Vastly more accurate chest estimate
AND
Mahogany Trees, Water Chests, Surface Chests, Temple Chests, and Shadow Chest controls
THEREFORE
All Natural Chest types are accounted for and adjustable (in at least one way):
6XfpFOB.png

Water Chest Spawn:
u8hJZGP.png

Surface Chest Spawn:
aVty8gx.png

Temple Chest Spawn:
pSFu219.png

Shadow Chest Spawn:
pmPG33I.png
Yay!
On a serious note though, rather than failing, the amount of chests should stop spawning at 950 bar a few exceptions (biome chests), and then carry on with world gen.

EDIT:
Bug: You can have a negative number for the chest estimation. This annoys me. It should stop at 0 and not go any lower.

EDIT:
Please update the 'demo in 15 seconds' on the first post, as this may mislead people to thinking that the current version has only the 0.1 features, even though it has all the way up to 0.1.7.

Last edited:
First of all I want to thank you for this program. It has made my Terraria experience a lot better :) Thank you very much!!!!!!!

I would like to ask you if it's possible to implement these features:

1) I would like corruption/crimson to spawn only to the outer side of the dungeon. Is it possible?

2) I would like to set the amount of pyramids to spawn (Explample = 3)

3) I would like to customize the biome order from left to right of all the map. Example: Ocean - Beach - Grass - Dungeon - Grass - Ice - Grass - Desert - Grass - Jungle - Grass - Beach - Ocean

4) I would like to make the terrain less high. I tryed to experiment with the current sliders but I could't achieve the results I wanted. I would like to be more space between the surface and the sky. Is it possible?

Thank you very much for you work!!!! You Rock!!!!! :)

Yay!
On a serious note though, rather than failing, the amount of chests should stop spawning at 950 bar a few exceptions (biome chests), and then carry on with world gen.

EDIT:
Bug: You can have a negative number for the chest estimation. This annoys me. It should stop at 0 and not go any lower.

EDIT:
Please update the 'demo in 15 seconds' on the first post, as this may mislead people to thinking that the current version has only the 0.1 features, even though it has all the way up to 0.1.7.
I've fixed the negative number. I'll work on a new demo too.

First of all I want to thank you for this program. It has made my Terraria experience a lot better :) Thank you very much!!!!!!!

1) I would like corruption/crimson to spawn only to the outer side of the dungeon. Is it possible?

3) I would like to customize the biome order from left to right of all the map. Example: Ocean - Beach - Grass - Dungeon - Grass - Ice - Grass - Desert - Grass - Jungle - Grass - Beach - Ocean

4) I would like to make the terrain less high. I tryed to experiment with the current sliders but I could't achieve the results I wanted. I would like to be more space between the surface and the sky. Is it possible?

1. There is usually not enough room beach and the dungeon, so I don't think so, for now.

2. Pyramids spawn would be nice, but the code there makes specifying a number hard. It's on my todo list though.

3. It's always Dungeon - Ice - Dessert - Jungle. Changing this would be a huge pain.

4. Setting surface lower limit to 45 will make it deeper, but I've some ideas on making this better too. (I tried some things already, but pushing it too far it fails sometimes.)

Deep enough for you?
nZGgKul.png

Back
Top Bottom