Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

How do the tree customization sliders work? I see there's 4 different tree 'types' and 6 options for each, is that Forest, Snow, Jungle and Beach trees? Which order are they in, and what are all 6 different types?

EDIT: Maybe you could add a preview box in the next update that displays the trees?

Last edited:
I'm also waiting on the next update to start a new world... that surface terrain height adjuster is something I've wanted since I started playing the game. I didn't even know about TerraCustom until a few days ago, so many thanks to jopojelly for taking on the task of updating it to 1.3!!!

Hey, I'm new to the forums and I've got to say thank you for continuing this tool. I love it so much! It really helps get that perfect world I want and the additions your adding to it are very creative. I can't wait to see what crazy worlds I can make. Can a make a few suggestions please?
  • An option to increase/decrease the amount of cobwebs, thorns, trees and sunflowers a world starts with.
  • A section for increasing/decreasing gem vein amounts, like the way you can decide ore vein amounts, but for gems.
  • Would it be possible to increase the size of micro-biomes? Specifically the Granite, Marble and Spider biomes, as well as Gem Caves and Underground Cabins.
  • Mushroom Biome Size/Amount.
  • What side the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow spawns when hard-mode is activated. Also deciding the shape it spawns (V or X) as well as a feature that creates it upon world generation.
  • Being able to remove them small patches of sand that can spawn underground. Also those little passage ways/islands held up by leaf walls that spawn on the surface that you can find basic chests in.
That's all I can think of for now. I hope these are doable, and not to much of a problem for you.

Hey, I'm new to the forums and I've got to say thank you for continuing this tool. I love it so much! It really helps get that perfect world I want and the additions your adding to it are very creative. I can't wait to see what crazy worlds I can make. Can a make a few suggestions please?
  • An option to increase/decrease the amount of cobwebs, thorns, trees and sunflowers a world starts with.
  • A section for increasing/decreasing gem veins, like the way you can decide ore vein sizes, but for gems.
  • Would it be possible to increase the size of micro-biomes? Specifically the Granite, Marble and Spider biomes, as well as Gem Caves and Underground Cabins.
  • What side the Corruption/Crimson and Hallow spawns when hard-mode is activated. Also deciding the shape it spawns (V or X) as well as a feature that creates it upon world generation.
  • Being able to remove them small patches of sand that can spawn underground. Also those little passage ways/islands held up by leaf walls that spawn on the surface that you can find basic chests in.
That's all I can think of for now. I hope these are doable, and not to much of a problem for you.
Also, another idea is if you an get overground mushroom biomes. They are rare but can rarely naturally spawn.

I've seen screenshots, but it has never happened to me.
It might have been an artificial mushroom biome then, as it is one of the requirements to get the Truffle to move in. It even has an achievement just for being in one. Still a cool idea though, but it might not be entirely possible.

Alright, let me know if I'm going a little out of bounds with this, but...

Special chest options:
  • Add random weapon or armor piece made of basic metals (Copper/Tin - Gold/Platinum) in each chest. After all, why not be able to find armor/weapons in chests?
  • Chest types by biome (e.g. can make all chests in underground be wooden, shadow, etc. instead of gold)
  • Twelve special item slots, using an input field for each one, where the user inputs an item id. If the input is out of range, you can either create a warning, or it simply won't be generated. Add a slider next to each one for selecting the chance of it spawning in a chest.
  • No accessories/special items in chests.
  • No potions in chests
  • No bars in chests
  • Generate empty chests by percent

Hurray! TerraCustom v0.1.5 is released as of now! The most anticipated features are Surface variance and Dungeon/Temple size, but be sure to check the first post for a complete list! Also, several options now have helpful images to help you decide. Keep the suggestions coming!

Looking forward to the next release! Holding off on making a world until then. :)
Hopefully it lives up to your expectations. v0.1.5 released today, check the first post.
How do the tree customization sliders work? I see there's 4 different tree 'types' and 6 options for each, is that Forest, Snow, Jungle and Beach trees? Which order are they in, and what are all 6 different types?

EDIT: Maybe you could add a preview box in the next update that displays the trees?
It's just for forest trees, each one is a different section of the map. I've improved the wording and added a preview image while you are changing that option. Head to the first post for the update.
I'm also waiting on the next update to start a new world... that surface terrain height adjuster is something I've wanted since I started playing the game. I didn't even know about TerraCustom until a few days ago, so many thanks to jopojelly for taking on the task of updating it to 1.3!!!
Surface terrain is now released. Just be warned, maxing it out is practically vertical cliffs everywhere. Have fun, the update is live.
Any idea when the next release will be? I'm like a little child waiting on Christmas:)
Merry Christmas
  • A section for increasing/decreasing gem vein amounts, like the way you can decide ore vein amounts, but for gems.
1,2,4 are possible, I think.
3 might be, the code is kinda hard at those points, but I'd love huge underground cabins.
5 I think all those decisions are made in-game as you enter hardmode. You can already generate a world in hardmode with TerraCustom, but there aren't any options yet. Also, I just realized it doesn't spawn strips.
6 is doable.
Alright, let me know if I'm going a little out of bounds with this, but...

Special chest options:
  • Add random weapon or armor piece made of basic metals (Copper/Tin - Gold/Platinum) in each chest. After all, why not be able to find armor/weapons in chests?
  • Chest types by biome (e.g. can make all chests in underground be wooden, shadow, etc. instead of gold)
  • Twelve special item slots, using an input field for each one, where the user inputs an item id. If the input is out of range, you can either create a warning, or it simply won't be generated. Add a slider next to each one for selecting the chance of it spawning in a chest.
  • No accessories/special items in chests.
  • No potions in chests
  • No bars in chests
  • Generate empty chests by percent
I'll hold off on messing too much with chest spawns. There is this tool that could be helpful to you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/3lolv4/terraria_chest_randomizer_randomizes_chest_items/

Probably my second favorite tool/mod for terraria <3
EDIT: I found 2 bugs with v0.1.5
1 all chests are empty and I didn't touch the no chest option
2 the minecart tracks arn't connected as shown in the picture down below
02e2555928ac583406bb5695b606a370.png

Last edited:
Bug Report:

Version 0.1.5
All the chests I have found so far in the cabins (golden) have been empty. All the wooden chests on the surface I have found have been fine.
Some of the railroad tracks I have found have not been connected, while others have. png attached.

That's all for now, I will edit this post if I happen to find more.

Thank you for all your hard work! Definitely my favorite Terraria Mod/Tool ever!!!!

Attachments

• 2015-12-01_00005.png
    2015-12-01_00005.png
    519.1 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
1,2,4 are possible, I think.
3 might be, the code is kinda hard at those points, but I'd love huge underground cabins.
5 I think all those decisions are made in-game as you enter hardmode. You can already generate a world in hardmode with TerraCustom, but there aren't any options yet. Also, I just realized it doesn't spawn strips.
6 is doable.
Yay! Nice to know they aren't impossible then. Here's a few more suggestions I came up with:
  • An option to have only Floating Islands or Sky Lakes spawn.
  • Hellstone, Demonite and Crimtane Ore spawn amounts (is this already a feature? I don't know...) as well as Chlorophyte Ore
  • Luminite Ore being able to spawn naturally, and it's amount (I know the game never generates it at any point, but would it be possible to make it spawn?)
  • Living Mahogany Tree spawn amounts.
  • Underworld Houses spawn amounts/size
  • Being able to control the spawn of those chunks of thin ice in the snow biome.
  • Surface Lakes/pools of water spawns/size.
  • Tree Heights upon world generation? (You know, those trees are taller than those planted by the player.)
I hope I'm not being to much of a problem with these suggestions. I try to keep in mind of how doable the are in-game. I just love this tool so much! I look forward to future releases. Also apologies if some of these already exist in the tool.

Hi,I'm japanese so I can use english a little,sorry.
I discovered a bug.
I have changed the value of "underground cabins" to more than 300%.(middle = more than 500%)
Then,it was stopped at the "hiding water treasure".

This is my best favorite tool.Thanks.

This is an image.
I discovered a bug.
I have changed the value of "underground cabins" to more than 300%.(middle = more than 500%)

Attachments

• hwt.png
    hwt.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 451
Probably my second favorite tool/mod for terraria <3
EDIT: I found 2 bugs with v0.1.5
1 all chests are empty and I didn't touch the no chest option
2 the minecart tracks arn't connected as shown in the picture down below
02e2555928ac583406bb5695b606a370.png
Thanks for letting me know, fixed them, download v0.1.5b.

Bug Report:

Version 0.1.5
All the chests I have found so far in the cabins (golden) have been empty. All the wooden chests on the surface I have found have been fine.
Some of the railroad tracks I have found have not been connected, while others have. png attached.

That's all for now, I will edit this post if I happen to find more.

Thank you for all your hard work! Definitely my favorite Terraria Mod/Tool ever!!!!
Thanks! download v0.1.5b for the fix.

Yay! Nice to know they aren't impossible then. Here's a few more suggestions I came up with:
  • An option to have only Floating Islands or Sky Lakes spawn.
  • Hellstone, Demonite and Crimtane Ore spawn amounts (is this already a feature? I don't know...) as well as Chlorophyte Ore
  • Luminite Ore being able to spawn naturally, and it's amount (I know the game never generates it at any point, but would it be possible to make it spawn?)
  • Living Mahogany Tree spawn amounts.
  • Underworld Houses spawn amounts/size
  • Being able to control the spawn of those chunks of thin ice in the snow biome.
  • Surface Lakes/pools of water spawns/size.
  • Tree Heights upon world generation? (You know, those trees are taller than those planted by the player.)
I hope I'm not being to much of a problem with these suggestions. I try to keep in mind of how doable the are in-game. I just love this tool so much! I look forward to future releases. Also apologies if some of these already exist in the tool.
1. You mean....no ground, just islands?
2. Kinda useless ores IMO, but I could.
3. I dunno about that....it is possible, but it might be weird to have it around. Don't know if the metal detector would even see it either, but I guess that would make it even harder to find, which could be good. (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Metal_Detector)
4. Yeah, that's coming.
5. I tried, but the code is very precise. It would be hard to adjust it in any direction.
6. Thin ice biomes, I didn't realize what they were until a few days ago, so I've been avoiding them, they are coming soon too.
7. Maybe, haven't looked there yet.
8. Is that so? I'll see how it does it.
Could you make more than one of a certain biome chest in the dungeon? (two hallow chests, for example)
I guess I could. I'll add that to the list.
I discovered a bug.

There is a limit of 1000 chests to a world. I usually test with small worlds so I didn't notice. I've added some warning text if you try to go over with underground cabins. I'll have to add warnings to other places as well, but keep it in mind for now if you try to make a big dungeon and a lot of underground cabins.
I haven't played enough to confirm cabins specifically, but this same thing happened with living wood and pyramid chests.
Fixed now.

Back
Top Bottom