Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

It could be possible, but it isn't worth doing as it would greatly limit the game's functionality and stability.
im guessing you have never seen the Industrialization mod, because its got industrial sized worlds which are like 2.5 time bigger then a large world and work perfectly fine (and its for 1.2.4.1)

im guessing you have never seen the Industrialization mod, because its got industrial sized worlds which are like 2.5 time bigger then a large world and work perfectly fine (and its for 1.2.4.1)

I don't really care about mods. I never said it was impossible. I just said it really isn't worth doing as it could limit the game's functionality and/or stability.

I don't really care about mods. I never said it was impossible. I just said it really isn't worth doing as it could limit the game's functionality and/or stability.
There is no real limit to world size, but making it any bigger will definetly hurt those with lower-end computers. Mine doesn't handle Medium well and that makes me worry for those with even lower-end computers. (HP Compaq nx7400, Windows 10, Intel 945GM).

There is no real limit to world size, but making it any bigger will definetly hurt those with lower-end computers. Mine doesn't handle Medium well and that makes me worry for those with even lower-end computers. (HP Compaq nx7400, Windows 10, Intel 945GM).

It doesn't really help that Windows 10 often has a lot of compatibility issues still. I had to downgrade back to Windows 8.1 (cause' Microsoft did a forced installation fml) because Windows 10 couldn't even run RuneScape. <_<

That could be the problem for you. Your hardware doesn't seem THAT bad. My crappy Desktop had worse hardware than you have and I was able to run a large world at 45 FPS.

i found a bug while starting one of the worlds with king slime and a nymph spawning instantly at the spawn
not anything major, but it happens for every world i created with this.

I was just about to come back and talk about the .jar, sorry bout that.

Now, do I poke you, @jopojelly or...?

As I said, I don't think a .jar release of this kind of tool would be possible. It just depends if jopojelly can port it to MAC OS. You'll have to wait for him to show up. I normally see him in the evening.

As I said, I don't think a .jar release of this kind of tool would be possible. It just depends if jopojelly can port it to MAC OS. You'll have to wait for him to show up. I normally see him in the evening.

I was coming back to say that .jar may not be feasible, and that I suggested it simply because I have more experience with MineCraft, which I played before this.

Just out of curiosity, what's the best file type for Terraria? I would assume that it's .exe, since this isn't done in Java (?), which would make the Mac version .dmg or .app.

I was coming back to say that .jar may not be feasible, and that I suggested it simply because I have more experience with MineCraft, which I played before this.

Just out of curiosity, what's the best file type for Terraria? I would assume that it's .exe, since this isn't done in Java (?), which would make the Mac version .dmg or .app.

I think Terraria was created with a combination of C# using XNA Framework.

.exe is just an executable file, nothing more.

I doubt that this is possible, but is it possible to make an even bigger size world than large world, if you actually make it, I would be extremely happy

I tried to make a smaller than small world, but it ran into problems I wasn't at the time gonna deal with. I could try I guess, I always play small worlds personally, heh.

From what I see in the Vanilla code, I think there wouldn't be any problems.....but who knows.

Are you able to do a Mac port? Or at a minimum a .jar release, since that's compatible with most OSes.

I don't have a mac to test with, but I could compile it and hope for the best. I'm working on it.

i found a bug while starting one of the worlds with king slime and a nymph spawning instantly at the spawn
not anything major, but it happens for every world i created with this.

Whoa, weird. I don't think there is any way I could make that happen on purpose, let alone by mistake. Did you set any settings in particular? Downed bosses?

If all fails on making this for mac, try to use mono. First install brew and then run the following command in a Terminal to install mono:
Code:
brew install mono
Afterwards run mono in a Terminal like this.
Code:
mono  <pathtofilenamehere>
You can drag and drop the .exe file on the Terminal window.

Maybe it works, maybe not. At least this used to be one of the ways to get Terraria working on Mac/Linux before 1.3.

If all fails on making this for mac, try to use mono. First install brew and then run the following command in a Terminal to install mono:
Code:
brew install mono
Afterwards run mono in a Terminal like this.
Code:
mono  <pathtofilenamehere>
You can drag and drop the .exe file on the Terminal window.

Maybe it works, maybe not. At least this used to be one of the ways to get Terraria working on Mac/Linux before 1.3.
I've compiled it and am testing it, but I'm doing it blind, heh.

I'll try out HomeBrew and let you know if it works.

EDIT:

Hold up; interesting results are occuring. Attempting some fixes/changes.

Keep drawing blanks and I need to sleep. More tomorrow.

Last edited:
I just found this tool some days ago, and I'm really glad you continued to develop this awesome tool. This project was frozen for a long time, and you was the one who revived it and added many new options, so I think you should give more credit to yourself.
Looking forward to the options you've mentioned in 'planned soon', to customize more the random generated things.
Keep up the good work, sir.

I tried to make a smaller than small world, but it ran into problems I wasn't at the time gonna deal with. I could try I guess, I always play small worlds personally, heh.

From what I see in the Vanilla code, I think there wouldn't be any problems.....but who knows.

I don't have a mac to test with, but I could compile it and hope for the best. I'm working on it.

Whoa, weird. I don't think there is any way I could make that happen on purpose, let alone by mistake. Did you set any settings in particular? Downed bosses?

nope, no downed bosses

This is so great! Thank you for adding so many other options.

I saw that you are already considering adjusting size of biomes -- Ocean would be great to have in there too (I think the width and depth is variable in ordinary worldgen) because sometimes it ends up really small. The other thing I'd like to request is being able to set heights of various levels -- surface and cavern level is randomly generated and is quite variable when you generate multiple worlds. The height of the underworld is fixed normally, but it should be possible to adjust in the underworld section of worldgen... and maybe height of floating islands can be adjusted too?

Back
Top Bottom