-- Terrae: plural form of Terra (Earth) -|- Opus: artistic work, especially one on a large scale --
Greetings fellow Terrarians, and welcome to Terrae Opus, an ambitious project that aims to become a mouthpiece for the members of our beloved community, while serving as a conduit to their abilities and allowing them to tap into their latent potential. Here, one is able to enjoy a subtle amalgamation of a variety of works, ranging across the realms of fact, fiction, lore and literature, on a bi-monthly basis. Whilst the majority of the entries submitted to this literature project will be based around Terraria, we also plan to feature the best of the fanfiction pool to ultimately give authors the recognition they deserve.
To provide structure and form to the article for the convenience of both ourselves and our readers, our planned segments will be made public, and will be posted below.
Index of Segments
• Biomes - Delving into the individual environments of each biome, and the native flora and fauna, with a brief description of their characteristics.
• Potions - Their appearances, consistencies, tastes, and miscellaneous uses.
└➞ [Sub-Segment] - Brewing Blunders - A satirical analysis of experimental potions that have yet to enter widespread use, managed by the one and only Baconfry.
• NPCs - Introducing the myriad of deuteragonists that accompany the player, while exploring their unique appearances, interests and personalities.
• Minerals - The origins, rarities and physical attributes of the ores and gemstones found in the plethora of underground systems.
• Equipment and Weaponry - Taking a step further into given information regarding both equipment and weaponry, with information on statistics, origin, and more.
• Knowledge of the Arcane - Explaining the origins of Mana, and methods in which it can be utilised.
• Terraria: A History - Exploring origin stories and other lore concerning the world of Terraria
• Short Story - A tale written by our writers to conclude each edition of Terrae Opus, one filled with humour, action, tragedy, and depth.
• Interview - An exclusive cross-examination of prominent members of the community.
• Comic Corner - A regular comic page illustrated by our resident cartoonist DeltaVii to conclude the former half of each entry on a light-hearted note.
Beginning from Entry 2, we will also include a selection of community segments. We encourage you to submit your content to us, with the sole prerequisite that they fulfil and do not contravene the general forum rules.
‣ Artwork - An exhibition of canvases from our community's budding artists.
‣ Builds Showcase - Presenting the builds made by members of our community, with added commentary.
‣ Literature - Spotlighting the authors of the community, complete with their literary works.
Meet The Team
In the following section, you will have an opportunity to both meet and gain insight into the personalities and writing styles of the writers that work tirelessly to output quality content to the masses.
[B]Commander Crocket[/B]: Creator, Founder, Absent-Minded Scholar, Preacher of MeeM, .gif Maniac, Hater of the “E” key
“Greetings and salutations to all! Those of you who are aware of my presence on these forums, should know all too well who I am, and what I represent. For those of you that are yet to be graced with the knowledge of my existence, I hereby extend a formal invitation to the rest of this paragraph, and by proxy, to the remainder of this segment.
To summarise myself in as few words as possible, I am an articulate and brusque, yet friendly and approachable person that takes pleasure in all forms of written communication with others, especially scientific writing. Do not let this deceive or otherwise deter you, however; much to the dismay of family members, friends, and fellow forum-dwellers alike, I make a note to both retain and maintain a healthy sense of humour.
So without further ado, I present to you the remainder of the faithful cast in our grand scheme of events!”
[B]Derunih[/B]: TCF Writer, Bored Rambler, Creator of the Unusual, That Creepy Writer
“I am that creepy one known as Derunih! Newish to TCF, I am sure some of you have seen me around anyway, due to the growing popularity of my other works. From the mysterious land of Australia, I send you my wackiness over the internet, and watch in glee as it is received.
I write about things mystical and arcane, finding an explanation which both has yet to be discovered, but also makes perfect sense. I do my best to tiptoe the line between conjecture and pure fantastical imagination~”
[B]Baconfry[/B]: TCF Writer; Self-explanatory
Below is a list of all of our published entries. We aim to release each publication bi-monthly; we feel that this is necessary in order to ensure that the quality of the of the included content is as flawless as possible, though as always, this is subject to change.
-- Entry 1 --Subscribed Users
Criticism is always appreciated, as it helps us form a rough idea of what you, the reader, prefer to read and see. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below, tagging myself. Thank you for reading, and enjoy!