PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is REALLY NOT fun!

I turned multithreaded lighting OFF (was 4). Also, I played local single player.

I STILL have a lot of lag ;(
Developers: if you need me to test a debug version, please let me know.
Currently it's not playable.

Alternatively, can you please give me a link so I can play the last working version? (even if it is pre-v1.3)

I am VERY SAD to see Terraria doesn't work well anymore because I used to love this game!

If you haven't, try setting Frameskip to "On".

When you say lag, do you mean slow movement, or really bad FPS drops?

Ok, this is REALLY NOT fun!

I turned multithreaded lighting OFF (was 4). Also, I played local single player.

I STILL have a lot of lag ;(
Developers: if you need me to test a debug version, please let me know.
Currently it's not playable.

Alternatively, can you please give me a link so I can play the last working version? (even if it is pre-v1.3)

I am VERY SAD to see Terraria doesn't work well anymore because I used to love this game!
Have you ever, you know, tried playing Singleplayer?

If you haven't, try setting Frameskip to "On".

When you say lag, do you mean slow movement, or really bad FPS drops?
Every once in a while the complete game freezes for around a second or so. Because the server continues I'm in big trouble. Multiple times now I've fallen into a deep hole while spelunking and died because my character kept running while the game looked frozen for me.

I'll try the frameskip. But, Terraria takes very little resources on my computer and previously I also never had any trouble with lag.

Have you ever, you know, tried playing Singleplayer?
Please also note that I also have it in single player mode.

Edit:
Turns out, I already had frameskip on the whole time. So, that's definitively not it. It would be great if the developers would add a commandline argument which turned on debug logging so that problems can be fixed more easily.

Last edited:
:dryadsmile:

:dryadcry:

I can see 1.3.0.7 now...

-Heart Statues no longer work during the final boss battle
-Moon Bite cancels Frozen Turtle Shell
-Charm of Myths no longer reduces Potion Sickness during the final boss battle
-If a player somehow dodges the Big Laser, a tentacle reaches out and drags him/her back into it again
That's the natural extension of how things are going with this. Seriously, they really need to make it right, right now.

I think they should have fixed it in a different way. Now there's no mass collection of ebonstone without having to be careful around every single altar. If you accidentally lay into one it will instakill you.

I also recall talking about how the drill suddenly acts like a hammer on altars but it doesn't have a hammer function against walls.

And don't even get me started on the logic in the post below me. I think the issue I have mentioned above in this post should be the next priority:

- Add hammer functionality to rightclick on DCU.
- Prevent DCU from breaking altars before hardmode, but make it where it won't target them unless it can break them.

It took how many high level mats to make the DCU?

Edit: Done editing. I am short of sleep.

Last edited:
But it... didn't actually change stats or AI-wise. Are you saying it was a fun challenge to sit on the spike...?
This, tbh, I don't get what people think has changed.... He's not been made more difficult. I'm still using the same method I was before the change (UFO mount, heart statues, potions) and nothing is different.... It's still a good challenge and is far from impossible. I actually have more trouble with the solar tower (damn crawltipedes!).

This, tbh, I don't get what people think has changed.... He's not been made more difficult. I'm still using the same method I was before the change (UFO mount, heart statues, potions) and nothing is different.... It's still a good challenge and is far from impossible. I actually have more trouble with the solar tower (damn crawltipedes!).
Exactly. All the methods that don't involve exploiting the invincibility from taking damage still work. And besides, there are still some strategies that are ridiculously easy to pull off. A set of rails across the top of the world with some buff potions and a Daybreak does wonders.

Exactly. All the methods that don't involve exploiting the invincibility from taking damage still work. And besides, there are still some strategies that are ridiculously easy to pull off. A set of rails across the top of the world with some buff potions and a Daybreak does wonders.

Afk farms work... (you might want solar armor in expert though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom