PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This debuff also is equal to all players and play styles, it prevents healing in from leech effects. This includes your allies receiving heals from the spectre hood. If anything lifesteal itself was what was unfair to other playstyles. Enemies being immune to debuffs is also fake difficulty right?

That doesn't make much sense, considering that only very specfic builds use lifesteal at all. Thats like saying melee weapons are useless only because you could use magic or guns... or tools.

And I'm with you. Yes, lifesteal is unfair to other playstyles. But as I said, prevent it (mostly) on the last boss only doesn't fix this. It just forces users to change how they used to play the game to make that specific one fight harder, while they can use it still everywhere else. And there is no reason for this in a sandbox game.

Enemies beeing imune to debuffs would be a nice thing, considering we are talking about debuffs any player class can inflict.

I can fully understand why they're doing this. I've been here before. It's absolutely soul-crushing to see your game's final boss be annihilated without any effort by a player abusing things that shouldn't even be a factor in the first place.

The player shouldn't be able to just stand on a spike tile and avoid all of its attacks. The player should not be able to sit on slime statues to avoid all its attacks. You are given countless methods of defeating this boss, and other people have clearly shown that it's possible to defeat him without cheesing it, so why is everybody so intent on trying to turn the game's final boss into an AFK farm event?

From a development standpoint, it's flat-out insulting.

I sincerely doubt that Heart Statues will be disabled. It takes a LOT of them to counter out ML's damage. They already did wiring changes to limit the amount of trigger points each statue has, likely so they wouldn't need to do something like that. If you manage to find enough Heart Statues to outheal ML, then you're either extremely lucky or you've harvested them from multiple worlds. Much different scale than just hanging out in a lava pool or sitting down on some spikes.

And if all else fails? Ask a friend for help.

As someone that's worked myself physically sick fighting the final boss over and over tirelessly through many changes, buffs and nerfs, to get him just right for the players, thank you so much for saying this. Its EXACTLY how I feel when people just go lolcheese and make every little thing I did trivial.

That doesn't make much sense, considering that only very specfic builds use lifesteal at all. Thats like saying melee weapons are useless only because you could use magic or guns... or tools.

And I'm with you. Yes, lifesteal is unfair to other playstyles. But as I said, prevent it (mostly) on the last boss only doesn't fix this. It just forces users to change how they used to play the game to make that specific one fight harder, while they can use it still everywhere else. And there is no reason for this in a sandbox game.

Enemies beeing imune to debuffs would be a nice thing, considering we are talking about debuffs any player class can inflict.

Debuff immunities are already a thing.But, only specific weapons apply those debuffs. It is literally the same thing.

That was particularily my point. A balance issue. I have trouble on normal, also not everyone plays multiplayer with strangers. Btw cheesing him took more than you are saying. Afk farming takes forever on him unless you are a summoner

I'm on normal with my solo and have yet to beat him after 2 attempts. I remember having a hard time with fishron but finally I figured it out and was able to kite him with my terra blade(which wouldn't work quite as well with 1.3). Once I got the flairon, it was a non-issue to beat him but it took several tries and fails to get it.

The thing about multiplayer is, don't host a world that you don't want griefed. You can also back up a world by copying the .wld file and sticking it in a backup folder, so if your world does get griefed, you can revert it. Friends and strangers can grief a world so it is understandable to be wary of playing multiplayer.

If you are joining someone else's world, then you don't have to worry about being griefed. Some worlds are just to fight bosses and those are the ones where players are honing their multiplayer skills.

Then you have the persistent multiplayer worlds with the TShock and the super spawn and item chests. Those can be interesting and fun. They can also be a good place to meet fellow players.

The world is full of strangers, you may have to deal with one someday. As long as they are appropriate and like-minded, then they might even become a friend.

Moon lord is a flat out simple and easy boss if done right. The fact is, if you cannot beat him legit, that should give you more reason to keep going. Keep trying new strategies to see if they work against him. If you fail 1000 times, than win, your going to feel like a god and be washed over with happiness.

There are tons of different strategies for each boss, each one taking time and effort. Wanna make an arena for the brain of Cthulhu? Or do you just want to go up onto the surface and shuriken him to death? It's your choice. Same with every other boss in the game, including the moon lord. The fact is, player choice is the deciding factor. It's like expert mode, one stradegy doesn't work? Try another. And if you cannot beat him at all, do research. Ask others how they did it. Try it yourself. Change your load out, reforges, weapons, armor and accessories.

It's the final boss, but he's not impossible. No boss would be fun if it was impossible. If soloing expert mode taught me one thing, that is that the game can be unforgiving. And you just have to keep trying until you get it right. If you give up, what's the point of all that effort you put into trying to beat it?

Anyways, you also don't need multiple people to do the boss. It is possible solo, and if you cannot solo it, get some friends to help. Got no friends? Ask someone on the forums. I'd be willing to help, and can tell you my load out as well.

I can see the next patch.

1.3.0.7: Moonlord now absorbs nearby NPCs, regaining health. (Devs, if you were thinking about putting this in, this should have an epic animation.)

Okay, this post was kind of good :D

But the slippery slope buff posts are getting kind of out of hand. :p

Okay everyone! Listen up! :)

Its clear a lot of people have some pretty strong opinions on a variety of matters. However, there is no reason for people to ever, ever insult one another or be rude to other forum members.

Allow me to quote them rules:

• Mutual Respect: Our Communities approach each interaction and contribution in a manner that appreciates the fact that each of us has our own valid thoughts, feelings, and ideas. There is a difference between disagreement and disrespect. Debate the position, not the person.
  • Maturity: Regardless of age, our Communities strive to treat each other as we would like to be treated ourselves - as adults and as equals.

Loki said it very well there. Debate the position, not the person. If you disagree with someone? Cool, that's encouraged and acceptable. But don't demean them or those who are like them because they don't see things the same way as you.

On this forum, respectful posting is required. At all times. I don't want to see anymore calling people lazy, or insulting the skills of those who can't beat Moonlord, criticizing those who think Moonlord isn't hard, anything. People who simply refuse to do this may have to be removed from the thread. Be nice to each other! Its not so hard. "Git gud" is not a respectful way to respond to someone's concerns of the game being too hard. Its really not. If you absolutely must critique someone's strategy for a fight, you can come up with a more eloquent way of saying it. Everyone has their own skill level, and EVERY skill level is valid and to be respected here.

So lets get back to having a friendly, respectful discussion, right guys?

CwlHSIW.jpg

You just exposed the reason I don't understand why people find the Moon Lord to be so hard. Build an arena, dang it. I didn't even use an arena to kill him on my third try (i'm a :red:ing nerd tho), with an arena and a yoyo it must be incredibly easy. Just be patient, study his patterns and make an arena to avoid his powerful laser. And use potions, it helps!
the only reason i even have buff potions it because i use an all items world, 'Aint' nobody got time for that' is basically all i can say. like maybe endurance potions but everything else that i'd want, i just don't have the brainspan for xD

I can see the next patch.

1.3.0.7: Moonlord now absorbs nearby NPCs, regaining health. (Devs, if you were thinking about putting this in, this should have an epic animation.)
i...want him to actually do this one
[DOUBLEPOST=1437447725,1437447669][/DOUBLEPOST]
why is everybody so intent on trying to turn the game's final boss into an AFK farm event?
because its funny

Might I suggest making the summoning item now. The lunar events can be fun but they are awfully frustrating if you keep losing to the moon lord

I farmed the pillars on those runs and have all 8 items. I'm working on my strategy with each battle. It's gonna be a lot of trial and error and a bit of luck. Might have to caffeinate(ie. an IRL potion of coffee) to put my motor skills at max responsiveness but that comes with a debuff known as sailor mouth.

Last edited:
But this has been nagging me for a while now in the back of my head. Why do I get the endgame gear from the final boss when the endgame gear should be required to beat the final boss? I can do nothing with the weapons. The mining mount is the only thing useful.

Also you can always make a new mining mount for a new character from normal.

Terraria 1.4's final boss will require that you have the final boss loot from 1.3 to defeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom