PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of armor changes, this change to the Solar Flare armor is actually *huge* for the Moon Lord fight. The dash is fantastic for dodging some attacks, and being able to use the dashes without consuming your defense hits is amazing.

Which reminded me, does the Summoner armor Guardian work for taunting the Moon Lord? Otherwise, it kinda feels like Summoners are the only class whose special armor ability isn't really applicable to the Moon Lord. I know stealth isn't *that* helpful solo, but it at least helps damage a lot, but it still seems more than summoners get? Or have I misunderstood how it's used?
I don´t play the summoner class very often. In fact i killed the ML with all classes except for the summoner with pre-ML gear on expert. The summoner is an afk farm dude for me. Don`t hate me for saying that, it`s just not my playstyle in this game. I guess i have to try the ML with him but that would happen with pre-ML gear.
And i don`t think the stardust guardian will taunt the ML but that`s just a guess. The stealth stuff from the ranged sets is absolutely no help for my playstyle against the ML because i move around the whole time, so shroomite doesn`t activate the stealth and the vortexs stealth is way too slow.

Sounds like this is getting into more of a morals issue. Is it okay to hurt the developers/testers prides if their prides are easily harmed? Because if you are getting upset over someone using game pieces a weird way then you have to face it: You don't have a very strong sense of pride. No offense obviously. Also how much time you spend working on terraria depends on the developers you work under and how much you and devs feel the game should be a certain way.

Terraria is a sandbox game, meaning it is very house rules friendly. In my game I am allowed to do anything in my ability to beat a boss so long as I do not use outside programs to forcefully modify the game. Buying, trading, recieving gifts of items are also acceptable means of obtaining an item in the game. If I really felt like it I would have traded for one of the endgame items. Using multiple worlds is allowed (especially since some items require world exclusive ore still).

Cheating = Forcefully modifying the game to get an advantage over the game or others in the game.

Disrespect in this case makes it seem more like the developers and the testers have a god complex over the game. If they don't like something going on in their creation it is vilified, shamed, and removed.

Bonus:

I understand that these methods may seem super easy. But they are supposed to be esoteric. Not given out to everyone on the internet. Even I have rules I must follow when it comes to hunting these things. Not out of spite of the developers, but to prevent just any random :red: or larry just picking them up and spreading it around to all their friends. It will make the game way too easy for some people, who go on to scream "Its too easy you must fix this!" because they are now addicted to that method and can't stop using it unless it is taken away from them. But it usually takes some attention to detail and a degree of skill to find these bugs. Not to mention lots of time. The "normals" won't even think about this stuff until someone else shows them. You think you should be offended because of what someone else did when you spent so much time working on it? If so, why don't people like me get offended when someone finds another quirk and spreads it all around the internet?

The only offense I feel is when white hat bug hunters and developers have the nerve to try and shame us for using all of a game that is in front of us.
It isn't a matter of disrespect. We made a change we wanted to make because we wanted to make it. We don't have hurt feelings we just have a vision for our game. This isn't high school. If we got our feelings hurt and reacted on them from negative posts on the Internet re-logic would have shut down a long time ago. :p

Pfffffffff, very annoying lag ALL the time (every 30 seconds my game freezes about half a second).
I am running a dedicated server and am playing on the same machine. I'm playing with one other person on the server who connects over the Internet to my machine (Join via IP).

What can I do to fix this?

I never had this before v1.3, and my machine should be good enough to run Terraria(?)
I started a new player and generated a new world with v1.3.0.6.

My machine:
Win 7 x64
Intel i5-3570K
NVidia GTX-660
16GB DDR-3
OCZ Agility 3 SSD

Pfffffffff, very annoying lag ALL the time (every 30 seconds my game freezes about half a second).
I am running a dedicated server and am playing on the same machine. I'm playing with one other person on the server who connects over the Internet to my machine (Join via IP).

What can I do to fix this?

I never had this before v1.3, and my machine should be good enough to run Terraria(?)
I started a new player and generated a new world with v1.3.0.6.

My machine:
Win 7 x64
Intel i5-3570K
NVidia GTX-660
16GB DDR-3
OCZ Agility 3 SSD

Try turning off multicore lighting. Stopped the lag for me.

Ok, thanks. I'll try it out.

I presume you can only select 2 because your processor has 2 cores. My processor has 4 cores (I can choose 'off', '2', '3', and '4').

1: Please don't curse
2:They are doing it because some of the things are more op
3:Barely anyone is using the stardust cell
Cell? DRAGON.

EVERYBODY USES THE FREAKIN DRAGON.

And the game crashes too much. (Like on mobile, but i thought it was broken because i screwed up Auto Date + Time and it thought it was halloween and spawned halloween creatures.)

:dryadsmile:

:dryadcry:

I can see 1.3.0.7 now...

-Heart Statues no longer work during the final boss battle
-Moon Bite cancels Frozen Turtle Shell
-Charm of Myths no longer reduces Potion Sickness during the final boss battle
-If a player somehow dodges the Big Laser, a tentacle reaches out and drags him/her back into it again

Probably best not to give them dangerous ideas they'll take into consideration.

Steam lag is still pretty bad, playing with my friend earlier on my expert world and the lag got so bad he died to a deadly sphere without even seeing what had happened.
We were also unable to pick up hearts and coins.
It seems to be worse during things like solar eclipse or blood moons, when there are lots of enemies about and lots of items on the floor.
I don't think we'll be duoing the moonlord any time soon.

The main thing I don't understand about all these Moonlord changes is - we've been creatively beating bosses, via arenas, lifepools, immunity machines and all manner of player made creations for oh, *all* of Terraria's lifespan - and now Moonlord comes along and for whatever reason, its decided (arbitrarily I'd say) that during his fight, most (if not all, eventually) of these things are not allowed.

It takes what makes Terraria fun (building, crafting, gearing, being imaginative...) and just tosses it out the window - and for what reason? From the post above the reason appears to simply be "because we wanted to" - which says, we don't care what you think, we're disabling all these previously unrestricted gameplay elements just because we want to - so deal with it.

Now I want to continue supporting Terraria and Otherworld - but if the developers are going to adopt a mindset like that - then I don't know if Otherworld is something I want to invest money in, knowing that at any time, all the things Ive worked to aquire and build could be rendered inert at any time - just because: 'We felt like it'.

It is hard to take a break when you have a certain level of dedication to a project. Terraria isn't just a job to our team and it means a lot to us...we don't work crazy hours because we have to, we work crazy hours because we want to. :p

In our eyes, the boss isn't immune to all quirks, there are still plenty of viable ways to beat him. Our programmers/artists/testers spent a ridiculous amount of time on Moon Lord and as the final boss we expect it to have a certain level of difficulty. To ensure this difficulty is met we adjusted a few things so that people actually have to try to defeat the boss. I understand that for some people this sucks but...it is the final boss. I don't expect everyone to agree with us, it is 100% impossible to please everyone. :)
There is a way to plz everyone
Make a version of the game for each person :D

The main thing I don't understand about all these Moonlord changes is - we've been creatively beating bosses, via arenas, lifepools, immunity machines and all manner of player made creations for oh, *all* of Terraria's lifespan - and now Moonlord comes along and for whatever reason, its decided (arbitrarily I'd say) that during his fight, most (if not all, eventually) of these things are not allowed.

It takes what makes Terraria fun (building, crafting, gearing, being imaginative...) and just tosses it out the window - and for what reason? From the post above the reason appears to simply be "because we wanted to" - which says, we don't care what you think, we're disabling all these previously unrestricted gameplay elements just because we want to - so deal with it.

Now I want to continue supporting Terraria and Otherworld - but if the developers are going to adopt a mindset like that - then I don't know if Otherworld is something I want to invest money in, knowing that at any time, all the things Ive worked to aquire and build could be rendered inert at any time - just because: 'We felt like it'.

I dunno, I had fun getting crushed by moon lord and making an arena just to fight him.

Because without an arena, I had no chance at all.

"sitting in spikes" and "sitting in lava" is the only creativity you lose, and as you mentioned, it's been known for years. Making any attempt to do it inherently unoriginal.

Go build a nice arrangement of platforms, hell, put some mine rails on it and some teleporters. Get TRULY creative, actually BUILD something (laying down a damage tile is not building sorry) and use all you got instead.

Seriously, most of the community strategies STILL WORK. You have your health pools, you got your honey, you got your traps and wiring peripherals for days. You lost the godmode spike. That's much smaller than you guys make it sound.

Pretty sure that was off topic for the thread but. Using unorthodox methods is creative, no matter how many times you say it's not. Just because someone got offended does not mean it's not creative.

You can have your fixes but don't tell me that nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom