Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially, we only support OSX 10.7+
However you can report your problems in the social group for Mac & Linux Open Beta.

Keep in mind though, issues pertaining to unsupported operating systems are lower priority.
Well will the requirments ever be lowered? I've been looking forward to this for so long.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437695091,1437695067][/DOUBLEPOST]
OS X Snow Leopard is almost 6 years old! It's time to upgrade.
My computer is too old. It would destroy it to upgrade.

I feel like a stupid piece of crap. Just for all you people SUFFERIN' like I did, DON'T TRY INSTALLING IT FOR MAC UNLESS YOU'VE GONE IN PROPERTIES AND CHANGED TO BETA. Terraria installed in 1 second, huh? [COULDN'T OPEN GAME. (MISSING EXECUTABLE.)] Cloud_9_Gamer: WHY WON'T IT FREAKING OPEN!?!?!?

Well, I EVENTUALLY figured it out. Thanks for those more than helpful installation instructions, Loki, THANK YOU.

This is great! But what about GOG.com? I have that version of Terraria, so do I just not get access to it?

This is great! But what about GOG.com? I have that version of Terraria, so do I just not get access to it?

Quoting this post here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-mac-linux-open-beta.27418/page-8#post-640931

Unfortunately, since we are using Steam's beta functionality to distribute the open beta only those who have purchased the Steam version are eligible. However, we plan to move things quickly and be out of open beta very quickly! Stay tuned for updates and Linux / Mac support will come to GoG as soon as it's ready!

Unfortunately, since we are using Steam's beta functionality to distribute the open beta only those who have purchased the Steam version are eligible. However, we plan to move things quickly and be out of open beta very quickly! Stay tuned for updates and Linux / Mac support will come to GoG as soon as it's ready!
Couldn't you just add an installer to the GOG game and label it beta? If not, please excuse this mortals question.

I have Mac Lion 10.7.5. Does the beta run on this version? It seems to launch for a second then close and nothing appears.

MORE EASIER
MORE EASIER

MORE EASIER

Plz excuse the grammar nazi thing and just look at this. The things we don't see when we post. Like me when I type quickly.
Please stop doing this. It's unnecessary and kinda rude.

If this were English class, that would be one thing. But it's the Internet, you should be used to it by now.
Thanks.

Yea... Uhh my worlds and players arent loading. Anybody know where the files are on MAC?
Go to documents, look for the "My Games" Folder (Don't search for it, I don't think it comes out when you try to search it), Go to the Terraria Folder, There will be the folders "Players" and "Worlds" in that folder with many other stuff that I don't know. I think this should work, but I'm not sure.

Okay, so the link to the dedicated server software is strictly for Windows - as of right now to get the server software you will have to download it through steam. Try installing SteamCMD and getting it from there? Otherwise, the only option is to wait for us to publish the dedicated server software for Mac and Linux outside of Steam

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but for now this is the only option. I will look in to posting the dedicated server outside of steam early next week.

Well I can say that using steamCMD works perfectly.

For anyone else trying to install the same way, this page describes the install process: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD
Btw, CentOS 6 is not compatible with the glibc used in terraria.bin.x86_64, so don't lose any time trying, but ubuntu 14.04 works perfectly. (Don't know if its worth reporting has a bug?)

after installing steamcmd and logging with your account:

Code:
force_install_dir ./terraria/
app_update 105600 -beta mac-and-linux-open-beta validate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom