Terraria 1.3 Complete spoilers and discussion!

Are you looking forward to 1.3?

• Of course!

• A bit

• Don't really care

• Prefer it didn't happen

• Not really looking forward to it

Results are only viewable after voting.

darthmorf

Treederator
Staff member
Hi there! darthmorf here. Recently I realized, there isn't a thread that has all the 1.3 image spoilers put together. I thought this would be handy, and also serve as a discussion place. I will update it when new spoilers are released. Spoilers; commence!

We feel that we should give a life sign about 1.3 for you guys, but we really don't want to spoil too much. As probably mentioned before, much stuff from 1.3 (mostly sprites) were already done some months ago,but we are of course making much more and everything is being progressively added to the game.

We've been discussing some concepts and ideas for the main event (the foretold "Lunar"), and the programmers have been adding a big ammount of things from a side event that will also be present on the next update. Don't expect it to be just a single thing!

And for those who are hunger for a more solid spoiler... I was messing around with some sprite concepts for the main event and decided to show them. Check them bellow:
NExPCcP.png

And I didn't even mentioned the Bo... oh nothing, you guys will see that. And probably scream in despair.

That's it for now but we hope to maintain you guys informed of the progress. Thank you so much for all the support!

Good day Terrarians,

We know our Community is quite hungry for updates on the upcoming Terraria 1.3 update. While we are not yet ready to reveal any of its deepest, darkest secrets, we wanted to take a few moments to whet your appetite with a small handful of enhancements that we think you will all enjoy!

First up, here are some tweaks to the Dye system as well as some new Dyes - courtesy of our newest team member, Skiphs:

y2sBxAp.png

Living_Rainbow_Dye.gif
Living_Flame_Dye.gif

4FKO3ZF.png

"The new dye changes are designed to help add a bit more color to their armor. This occurs in two ways. The first way is that I've allowed for some of the dye color to seep through on areas that were previously considered too light or dark. The second is an overall increase to saturation. As a whole, the changes are minor, and should only be noticeable in cases where the dye would feel very underwhelming before." ~Skiphs

Next up, we have a brand new event/invasion status bar that will allow players to track their wave-by-wave progress in Terraria's many exciting invasion/moon events! This new feature will have an interface option to disable it if the player does not wish to use it.

event.gif

Last, but certainly not least, we leave you with our new favorite building tool: the Laser Ruler accessory!

33WOUfx.gif

At this point in time it is still too early to begin speculating any type of release date for this update. We do not not want to rush the team or establish an imaginary release date for us to stress over. That said, you can look forward to regular updates - and more awesome spoilers - in the weeks to come!

This time, we wanted to share some changes that will help make Terraria feel more "alive" along with a few random tidbits that we think you will enjoy. We are still going to hold off on sharing the coolest stuff – we may share some of this in the coming weeks, but we also want to stay true to our philosophy of letting our players discover things on their own.

Bringing NPCs to Life

index.php

Terraria NPCs have always been helpful – and witty – but limited in what they could do. 1.3 brings a number of NPC animation changes that are intended to help bring them to life and make them feel more like an interactive part of your world. While we were at it, we decided to go ahead and give our crew of NPCs a visual "makeover".

Oh, and we’ve also improved their AI – for example, you won’t have to deal with the Merchant standing in front of your chests/piggy banks anymore (seriously, what was he doing there anyway)?

kdcROYP.png

Worldgen Changes & Minibiomes
index.php

Terraria 1.3 will introduce some subtle – yet exciting – changes at the Worldgen level. First and foremost, starting areas will be cleaned up and smarter. In addition, a handful of Mini-Biomes have been added for intrepid explorers to discover.

kdcROYP.png

Armor Changes
BEFORE:
NoMh2LI.gif
PueoBh1.gif

AFTER:
mY55V5u.gif
HGgSLZG.gif

Terrarians have always been a little “stretchy” in the torso – and quite visibly so when running! We’ve taken care of that by putting that spring in their step. The end result is that your character will look much more natural as he/she runs around in their world!

Below you will find a video that shows off a new furniture type, new mechanics, and some fun new toys...Hope you enjoy!

As many of you know we have been digging through community suggestions recently to see what we would like to implement into the game. Unfortunately we do not have the time or manpower to add everything but there have been several things that were easy to add that really stood out. Below I will link you to the threads that we will be adding or have already added to the game. These suggestions are not all added as they are listed as we have tweaked some things and left other things out.

Pink Gel by Ilmarinen
Quick Loot by Szgamer227
Flask of Frost and Frost Bullets by BaconFry
Grappling Hook Equip Slot by Szgamer227 and FruitBat
Mouse Over Signs to Read Text by Miffta
Summoner Prefixes by BaconFry
Fishing Pole Modifiers by Stormconure
Staff of Regrowth Changes by zimberzimber

[One of our areas of focus with Terraria 1.3 is an interface upgrade. Clearly, this is a core part of the game experience with which players will constantly interact - so we have taken great care to make the interface more clear, pleasing to the eye, and to enhance it's level of interactivity. Below are a few examples of these efforts:

divider.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Icons & Text
SmOStwG.gif

We have upgraded how icons appear/work: things in your inventory will now have their edges lighten up once the cursor is over them.

In addition, a lot of buttons such as reforging, opening the crafting grid, PVP, and teams got a visual update -we even added a 5th pink team!

O0eWqZM.png

We also noted that a lot of in-game text is currently hard to read due to how it blends in with the backgrounds - so we've gone on a bordering spree and are making sure everything has the right amount of clarity and contrast to it is easier to to view and read (even item stack amounts).

(Please Note: This is a work in process and may not reflect the final version.)

divider.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Inventory & Shopping
8ydF3pE.gif

On the interactivity end of the spectrum, we have made great strides. In an earlier spoiler, Cenx showed everyone you can now link items in chat - but that is merely the beginning of the changes we have made!

Items in your inventory can now be "favorited". When you "favorite" an item, you will not be able to accidentally throw, trash sell or stack it into a chest!

To further help streamline inventory management, you can now quick stack items to all nearby chests. This feature will place items in chests that already have stacks started for certain items. (If you do not have a stack started you will need to manually open the chests.)

x7Jho61.png

We also realized that shopping in Terraria could be improved. With 1.3, when paying for goods from NPCs, you can now see the money contained in your piggy bank or safe, and use your savings to pay! (no more running back and forth from your bank)

We even upgraded crafting to take advantage of these improvements - you will be able to craft from an open chest (including the piggy bank and safe)! To further enhance this feature, chests now show when they're open, so you can tell which is which.

divider.png

Player Interface Upgrades - Maps, Data, & Screenshots
We have also taken the time to augment how information is displayed to the player by making all the accessories that provide data (time/depth, and so on) work by simply sitting in your inventory. In addition, we added a bunch more of these - such as items which display the weather, moonphase, DPS, and more!

The information items you have will also share their effects with any nearby player, but you can easily hide information from your screen when it interrupts you!

gGo6Pyz.png

fFJ5BAS.jpg

We have also added a new method for taking screen shots within the game. When you enable our new Screen Capture mode, you will be able to take larger scale pictures of your worlds and builds rather than using the old method of taking many smaller pictures and piecing them together!

(Thank you to all of our amazing testers involved in this build!)

o6tbG4b.png

Further additions include the map marking the last spot where you've died and being able to see text inside signs when you hover your cursor over them from a distance...plus a few other details that I'll leave hidden for now. ;)

Cultist.gif

ColorlessMarriedHarrierhawk.gif

Alchemy_Table_%26_Cultist_vanity.gif

Crimson_Bunny.gif

Updated_NPC_sprites.png

430px-World_Creation_Progress_Bar.png

[currently looking for vine rope spoiler]

B70LIX7CcAEHsmR.png:small

B7-mAIWIEAAVqMM.png

opnrZp4.gif

index.php

0FiGzWm.gif

If I missed any, be sure to post them! Enjoy the collective awesomeness!

5HdU8J7.gif

(Thanks to @Mystery and the TTT for the last spoiler and gif!)

Last edited:
If you think about it, it's basically a special flail. So I'm all for it (Being a melee user myself).

They also may be useful for actually playing with a YoYo in-game, just for those boring 2 minutes of waiting for Solar Eclipse or Blood Moon. Excuse me while I prepare my Ravens for the SWARM!

On any note, great post thanks for this accumulative and complete list of spoilers, should be very useful for those poor guys trying to search through threads.

Great job darthmorf! With posting the thread!

My favourite spoiler is definitely the solar eclipse. :D
I was bored of the current enemies...

Couldn't agree more :)
What is your favourite Solar Eclipse enemy that has been shown on that spoiler?
Mine is probably the Mothra one :D

Back
Top Bottom