Member-Run Project ~ Terraria 1.3 Findings Thread! [Spoilers Inside] ~

So out of curiosity is there any difference between the lunar tier tools(and the wings? I've seen people mention suspicions before)

Also does anyone else feel that the loot pool drops seem somewhat weird?
The Moon lord drops 2 swords, a yo-yo ,a launcher a gun 3 magic weapons and a summon weapon... That' not very balanced class wise... (I mean really one summon? No bow type weapon(at least the event has one but still)? 2 swords?(though I admit they are very nice swords Star wrath is amazing...) and no spears/boomerangs/flails for the whole lunar tier... sigh...

So out of curiosity is there any difference between the lunar tier tools(and the wings? I've seen people mention suspicions before)

Also does anyone else feel that the loot pool drops seem somewhat weird?
The Moon lord drops 2 swords, a yo-yo ,a launcher a gun 3 magic weapons and a summon weapon... That' not very balanced class wise... (I mean really one summon? No bow type weapon(at least the event has one but still)? 2 swords?(though I admit they are very nice swords Star wrath is amazing...) and no spears/boomerangs/flails for the whole lunar tier... sigh...
2 magic weapon's and 2 summoner weapon's , both turrets like summon.

As best as I can tell, the tools are identical. Kinda wish they just made the tools out of Luminite and no shards, honestly. As for the Wings, Solar Wings are Fishron Wings+, and the Vortex Booster is Hoverboard+. Nebula Mantle and Stardust wings are garbage. Do not use them.

He drops two summon weapons. Both the Lunar Portal Staff and the Rainbow Crystal Staff are summon weapons. I do, however, think it's kind of lame that he drops two swords. I would have liked to see a spear of some description.

2 magic weapon's and 2 summoner weapon's , both turrets like summon.

As best as I can tell, the tools are identical. Kinda wish they just made the tools out of Luminite and no shards, honestly. As for the Wings, Solar Wings are Fishron Wings+, and the Vortex Booster is Hoverboard+. Nebula Mantle and Stardust wings are garbage. Do not use them.

He drops two summon weapons. Both the Lunar Portal Staff and the Rainbow Crystal Staff are summon weapons. I do, however, think it's kind of lame that he drops two swords. I would have liked to see a spear of some description.
ah I checked again and it seems your right 2 weapons per class to they aren't very balenced in their choices(seesm there is a crystal staff I just haven't been lucky enough to get it)
looking at the wiki it seems the total drops are 2 swords and a yoyo for melee, 2 sentry minions for summon,a rocket launcher and a gun for ranged, and two spells for mage so in total melee has one more item than the other classes... honestly the way yoyos were handled in 1.3 is quite poor as they are spammed all over the game now... and they are ridiculously easy to use I know Redigit loves them but I feel it came at the cost of balance...(really I just hate the hardmode yoyos that constantly clutter up my inventory dropping frequently from everything...they should be far more rare a short visit to the ice or jungle biomes leads to my inventory being cluttered with at least 7 of them...)

Stonecutter wheel thing that sharpens melee weapons to add armor penetration, acting like the Crystal Ball/Ammo Box for melee. Why is my Wooden Yoyo affected again?

... So I just got killed by my own meowmere... how... also do drakomire banners seem far rarer than the other lunar mobs to anyone else?

... So I just got killed by my own meowmere... how... also do drakomire banners seem far rarer than the other lunar mobs to anyone else?
Some of the Lunar Pillar mobs can reflect projectiles back at you. It's... mildly annoying.

Avoid using Meowmere whilst fighting the solar mobs if you can. I switched to starwrath for the whole event actually, and it simply kicks everyones arse. ^^

Before that, I was regulary being 1 shoted by myself, and it started to get really really annoying.

Drakomire Rider banners are exactly as common as all other banners in that you must kill 50 D. Riders to get one.
hmm well Iv'e killed 1000+ of every other pillar enemy why do I only have one drakomire rider banner? some I have killed amounts nearing 2000...
Avoid using Meowmere whilst fighting the solar mobs if you can. I switched to starwrath for the whole event actually, and it simply kicks everyones arse. ^^

Before that, I was regulary being 1 shoted by myself, and it started to get really really annoying.
ah I normally use that and the solar eruption but I was getting bored so I tried out other weapons managed to hit a 9000+ with meowmere on a centepied

hmm well Iv'e killed 1000+ of every other pillar enemy why do I only have one drakomire rider banner? some I have killed amounts nearing 2000...
Dunno. If you can, get a tally counter, and check how many drakomire riders you've killed next time you do the Lunar Event.

Dunno. If you can, get a tally counter, and check how many drakomire riders you've killed next time you do the Lunar Event.
I have seen it only around 86 on the counter but I've seen hundreds I'm asking because I theorize that it only counts as a drakomire rider if they die at the same time...

I seem to recall getting multiple compasses from piranhas in the jungle...can anyone confirm that piranhas can now drop them? It would possibly be the only explanation for how I already have more than one compass in storage on my 1.3 map. I intend to work on testing to confirm or disprove this later today once I'm home from work.

Edit: According to whomever has been doing the edits for the Piranha and Compass pages on the wiki, this would appear to be true. Has anyone else observed this as being the case? http://terraria.wiki.gg/Piranha

Last edited:
Anyone else mildy disappointed by the lack of new summoner armor sets? There are currently (I'm counting helmet-specific and ancient armor sets here) 12 mage (with all the unique robes I could bump up this number more, but I just added a single number for the robes), 15 melee, 15 ranger and 5 summoner armor sets, summoner needs more love in terms of armor sets tbh. Preferably a good pre-hardmode one for after the bee tier (because let's be honest, bee tier isn't very good compared to the pre-hardmode options that other classes get), a different early hardmode set instead of just spider, possibly post-spider, a pre-bee tier armor which gives like 1 or 2 extra minions, for that early game, and a secondary set which isn't event-specific like spooky. That should cover summoner throughout most phases of the game.

So far, we've only found the new Stardust armor, and there isn't anything else afaik.

I seem to recall getting multiple compasses from piranhas in the jungle...can anyone confirm that piranhas can now drop them? It would possibly be the only explanation for how I already have more than one compass in storage on my 1.3 map. I intend to work on testing to confirm or disprove this later today once I'm home from work.

Edit: According to whomever has been doing the edits for the Piranha and Compass pages on the wiki, this would appear to be true. Has anyone else observed this as being the case? http://terraria.wiki.gg/Piranha
Yes, I got a compass from a piranha. Only one, so it is a rare drop.
This meant that I was able to make a GPS pre-hard mode. A nice change.

I think that's precisely why the Compass was changed to drop from other enemies. I believe the entire Cell Phone can be made before Hardmode is activated.

Good luck actually pulling that off >.>;

Back
Top Bottom