Official Terraria-Based Toys Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feedback time, I guess.
The plushies look pretty good, but there's still room for enhancement (like fixing the weird proportions on the bunny, or some of the random ''pixel'' things here and there on all the plushies)

The action figures... They... Just dont look like Terraria. There's similarities, but overall, they look like diferent things. Like some sort of paralel universe where Terraria is a minecraft ripoff.
SERIOUSLY, Way back when the Terraria animation was announced, there were loads of people that said ''Hey, pixelated doesnt mean that it is all blocky'', yet I have the feeling that no one from Jazwares or Re-Logic ever gave attention to what these people said
There's just way too much wrong stuff on the figures, colors that doesnt look like the ones in game, random pixels, wrong proportions; it looks like jazwares didnt even look at the sprites before doing this. Really, it looks like they just took the minecraft toys and recolored them.

Aaaaand the Night's Edge. Oh god, the night's edge.
There's soo much potential on it, but why, why would anyone put so many random pixels on it?
The sword is well done, but the coloring destroyed it. Why, why not just follow the sprite?

All I have to say is that Jazwarez should either get to make things right, without random pixels, excessive blockiness and wrong protortions; Or start making realistic-like toys. I wont lie, these toys could (and still can) be totally amazing, but as of right now, they either look nothing like Terraria or need loads of changes

Last edited:
SERIOUSLY, Way back when the Terraria animation was announced, there were loads of people that said ''Hey, pixelated doesnt mean that it is all blocky'', yet I have the feeling that no one from Jazwares or Re-Logic ever gave attention to this what these people said

All I have to say is that Jazwarez should either get to make things right, without random pixels, excessive blockiness or wrong protortions Or start making realistic-like toys. I wont lie, these toys could (and still can) be totally amazing, but as of right now, they either look nothing like Terraria or need loads of changes

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a comment dev-side when the Terraria animation was released, something to the extent that the product design had already been finished and production had started . . . basically that it was too late to just change the design, at least without a significant loss of money.

I'm not saying that is a good way of doing things (design a product in a controversial way and don't check for community feedback until its already too late), but it may be the simple reality that the negative feedback came at a time when it was no longer financially viable to change things. I can't say anymore, since I'm NOT dev side, but this may have something to do with it.

This is great! Terraria is really growing now!

unlike that other.....pixelated game....

yea..that one.
Dude We Are Not Here To Start A War, You Need to do it in your own mind. Also This Game has a Special Halloween Costume, And The Other One Has A Splash Text Which Says "Also Try Terraria!" They Are "Freinds" And You Shall not start a war. do it somewhere else!

Dude We Are Not Here To Start A War, You Need to do it in your own mind. Also This Game has a Special Halloween Costume, And The Other One Has A Splash Text Which Says "Also Try Terraria!" They Are "Freinds" And You Shall not start a war. do it somewhere else!
I wasn't trying to start a war, i didn't even have the word Minecraft in there, all I said was Terraria was growing more than the other lately.

And I believe Terraria also has a splash text that says "Also try Minecraft".

YAAAAAAAAS. I HAVE WAITED SO LONG. YOU HAVE MADE ME HAPPY.
th

Say, you know what would be amazing? An EoC hat, with the mouth eating the wearer's head! :3

OH heck yes! TOYS! My one weakness!

I'm not going to go over the same things that have been said over the last 12 pages. I think those points have been made clear by the community and I have yet to decided what I do and don't agree with. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and tastes. I'll wait till i can see and touch them IRL to make my final decision. :)

But I will go into details about what I think about the figures. At first glance, without being able to have them in my hands and see what they can do, to me, they look alright. Do they look like the animated series characters? Yes. That's plain to see. Is that a bad thing? I don't think it is, and I would class myself as a 'true terrarian' (whatever that means). Other members think differently, and that's fine. I'm just glad that i'll be able to give Re-logic some more $$$ because i've been playing for nearly 2 years now and i've only spent $9.99 ($AUS).:eek:

Now to the figures. So these will be the only figures available to start off the range? The first thing I noticed before anything else was that the guide is missing. THE GUIDE! I know we all hate on him for opening doors and what not, but he is undoubtably one of the 'faces' of Terraria. How could you show no guide love? -_- A point i will add to this is you have the Pirate. Not that i'm hating on pirates but that just seems a little 'typical' to me. Alot of games have pirates (and i suppose guide characters) but I just thought that was a bit odd to leave the Guide out. Any ideas when the rest of the characters will be available? Also no female characters?

index.php
index.php
index.php

index.php
index.php

Out of these five I like the GT and WD the best. The gold player is okay as with the other two. Looking at these pics it looks like the accessories are a mix of flat sprites and 3d models. If it was me i'd go for the full 3d accessories. Like the chest with the Pirate. Is it just a flat picture or can you open it and put stuff in it? If it's just a flat sprite that would be lame, IMO. The packaging looks good. It's got that nice Terraria feel to it with the small wood house, doors and torches. I can't tell if the Terraria logo has been changed. It looks a bit different, dare I say it, more blocky.

index.php

On this big picture you can see the logo IS changed. -_- Really? Why can't you just use the original logo? Or even the one on this forum is better. So far i'm not liking the logo.

The eye and the slime look good from what I can tell. You could make extra $$$ with variations of the slimes as single figures.;) I'd buy a few as long as they are squishy.

These next four aren't bad, out of them i'd say I like the zombie the most. If the first one is supposed to be a generic player (or i just thought, is THAT the guide? :eek:) something about that mouth and eyes doesn't look right. All the eyes and mouths should be like the zombies, white on the outside with black or color on the inside and made of four squares. Also, it looks like the noses are just painted on. I'd suggest a single raised square (to represent a pixel of course). And as someone has said, Tim needs a cloak.

PLEASE don't make a figure exclusive to these world collector packs. I hate when that happens. The packs are a good idea so do them but it would be great if we could buy them all individually too! :happy: Well that's enough for now. I'll be keeping my eyes out for these for sure.

Keep up the great work!!!

[ EDIT ] Added in newer pictures

Last edited:
I have a very serious suggestion for a toy. I've always thought the way Demon Eyes move is a lot like a foxtail ball (google it). Those things are cheap to make and incredibly fun for any age or gender (until you inevitably lose it). Paint it up like a demon eye and play Terraria for real trying to bat away Demon Eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom