Console Terraria Console Holiday 2015 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably too much bugs in the last update so they are going to have to postpone it again =(
I know other game like terraria but 3d and studio that is responsible for console version of their game and they whoever they are give info about progress on bleeter and they're always give updates on time.
Game= Game X Studio= Studio Y

here is my dillema. i LOVE the terraria 1.3 update. the new enemies, bosses, mimics, items, mechanics all of it. but the problem is that my parents HATE the computer, so i can only play for like 30 minutes a day. i can play PS3 all the time though, so it would be nice if the 1.3 update for pS3 came out so i could play it there. ive heard many theories. february 2016 (didnt happen) June 2016 ( still dont Know) and i am just really bored with the current 1.2.4/ 1.2.3 version for ps3, and know about the 1.08 version coming out soon, but i would like just a really good estimate of when it is happening, possibly by the developers but they probably wont see this post anyway. it'd be nice just to know when though ;)
Nobody knows for sure. We won't be getting the rest of 1.2.4.1 until May. We may see part of 1.3 as early as later this year but I personally doubt we'll have all of it until sometime next year.

Nobody knows for sure. We won't be getting the rest of 1.2.4.1 until May. We may see part of 1.3 as early as later this year but I personally doubt we'll have all of it until sometime next year.

Is the May date straight from the developers?

History likes to repeat itself :dryadwink:

Unfortunately, I mean I see where they are coming from, but at the same time it is a lot of excuses. I remember when we got the first half of 1.2.4 and they didn't want anyone to ask about part two until Q1 was over.
I personally will be patiently waiting until 1.3.1 for pc with full controller support arrives so I can finally play this full game as opposed to broken half updates that destroy the majority of the fun.
Needless to say, if it comes straight from 505, shut up and take my money! But any game of there's that gets handed off to another company for porting will not get any sales from me

Unfortunately, I mean I see where they are coming from, but at the same time it is a lot of excuses. I remember when we got the first half of 1.2.4 and they didn't want anyone to ask about part two until Q1 was over.
I personally will be patiently waiting until 1.3.1 for pc with full controller support arrives so I can finally play this full game as opposed to broken half updates that destroy the majority of the fun.
Needless to say, if it comes straight from 505, shut up and take my money! But any game of there's that gets handed off to another company for porting will not get any sales from me
I think they cut and delay updates on purpose. Pc master race 4 ever without word of explain about Why this update is delayed?
Delay studio we make you wait 4 update 4 ever.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-update-timing.42025/ end of april? Are they f... kidding me?!?
it looks like there's no reason to observe forum. Not anymore. For whole month or two...

Last edited:
Is the May date straight from the developers?

Wishful thinking. 1.2.4.1 will be Christmas update in q4 2016 and developer announce second half of 1,3 in q1 2017.

Is this all speculation? I haven't seen any official posts yet.

History likes to repeat itself :dryadwink:

I think they cut and delay updates on purpose. Pc master race 4 ever without word of explain about Why this update is delayed?
Delay studio we make you wait 4 update 4 ever.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-update-timing.42025/ end of april? Are they f... kidding me?!?
it looks like there's no reason to observe forum. Not anymore. For whole month or two...
Looks like TruePapaSmerf got to it before I could. My new job takes up a lot of my time. They're fixing bugs so they delayed the update until May as it will have to go through Sony and Microsoft before we will get it on our end.

@TruePapaSmerf your presence here on the forums has always been voluntary :) feel free to take as much time away as you need.

If 505 games don't give us update in time than is incapable or really don't care.
If 505 games can't provide us with update in time than maybe console port of terraria should be given to studio that can.
If 505 games can provide proper support to their own games should do same with terraria or say terraria goodbye.
As many console users payed for this game and i have right to expect as a customer that i buy full product from studio that can provide support and bug free updates.
Instead i get missing update parts and delays that as 505 games logic says should provide us with "better quality of update" but we get buggy updates and ps vita is unplayable to the point where 505 studio should give refund to everyone that payed for ps vita version of terraria.
That is the reality.
Us/we= terraria users.

If 505 games don't give us update in time than is incapable or really don't care.
If 505 games can't provide us with update in time than maybe console port of terraria should be given to studio that can.
If 505 games can provide proper support to their own games should do same with terraria or say terraria goodbye.
As many console users payed for this game and i have right to expect as a customer that i buy full product from studio that can provide support and bug free updates.
Instead i get missing update parts and delays that as 505 games logic says should provide us with "better quality of update" but we get buggy updates and ps vita is unplayable to the point where 505 studio should give refund to everyone that payed for ps vita version of terraria.
That is the reality.
Us/we= terraria users.
Licensing contracts are not so easily broken. Not to mention finding a new developer could take years. Do you want Terraria to stay where it's at for the years it could take to go through the legal loop holes for Re-Logic to revoke 505's licensing agreement and find a new developer to handle the port or somehow do it themselves?
People who own the Vita version most likely got it when it came out and played it for a year before it started having major issues. Are they going to refund all that play time? They released a patch for vita not too long ago that majorly decreased the crashes from what I heard. Let them push out this upcoming bug squishing update and see if they can't resolve the issue.
If you're experiencing bugs please report them directly to 505 (link in my signature). They will get back to you and try their best to discover the source of your issue so that a future update can address it.

Licensing contracts are not so easily broken. Not to mention finding a new developer could take years. Do you want Terraria to stay where it's at for the years it could take to go through the legal loop holes for Re-Logic to revoke 505's licensing agreement and find a new developer to handle the port or somehow do it themselves?
People who own the Vita version most likely got it when it came out and played it for a year before it started having major issues. Are they going to refund all that play time? They released a patch for vita not too long ago that majorly decreased the crashes from what I heard. Let them push out this upcoming bug squishing update and see if they can't resolve the issue.
If you're experiencing bugs please report them directly to 505 (link in my signature). They will get back to you and try their best to discover the source of your issue so that a future update can address it.
I expect new developer that lives u to his task and can do updates properly. Pc, mobile owners have full updates without delays.
Another thing is waiting half year for bugfixex
With me paying for product with poor/no support that's all i can see!
Congratulations for approach to the user: Shut up or we don't give updates for 999999999999999999999999 years you moron!
Btw 505 or whoever make this port don't care about it and with all those large even gamebreaking bugs they leave in game is good reason to give rights for console port of terraria to developer with real programists that don't "do terraria in break for pizza and dr pepper"

Last edited:
Too true
[doublepost=1458542674,1458542611][/doublepost]
Wait how do you become a moderator?
[doublepost=1458542762][/doublepost]To be honest the longer it takes them the better in my eyes because it means 505 and real engine are working on bringing us a good update with less bugs( it is real engine right I need to go check now lol brb)
[doublepost=1458542832][/doublepost]
*re logic
[doublepost=1458542992][/doublepost]
Yeah probably i would rather wait so they can fix them
I guess the longer it takes the better it will be but me I'm just board and jealous at all the stuff PC has but since there done with major updates they can focus on all other platforms

I guess the longer it takes the better it will be but me I'm just board and jealous at all the stuff PC has but since there done with major updates they can focus on all other platforms

Lol, I'm jealous of pc too! Have you considered playing on pc? I always wrote it off because of the keyboard and mouse controls, but now that 1.3.1 will add full controller support I'll finally enjoy all of Terraria's glory!!

I expect new developer that lives u to his task and can do updates properly. Pc, mobile owners have full updates without delays.
Another thing is waiting half year for bugfixex
With me paying for product with poor/no support that's all i can see!
Congratulations for approach to the user: Shut up or we don't give updates for 999999999999999999999999 years you moron!
Btw 505 or whoever make this port don't care about it and with all those large even gamebreaking bugs they leave in game is good reason to give rights for console port of terraria to developer with real programists that don't "do terraria in break for pizza and dr pepper"
PC and mobile don't have to go through qualification periods set by their platform creators. This means that they can push out hotfixes as quickly as they can make them. It takes a lot of time and money to push out an update on the console platforms so it's just not worth it to do quick fixes.

Your exaggerations of my comments are uncalled for. I merely informed you that your idea of fixing our current problems wasn't very feasible and would require even more patience than the current circumstances. The culture of TCF is maturity and mutual respect, if you cannot abide by our rules there will be consequences and you may find your access to our site limited.

ok, this is all well and good, but when is the PS vita getting the update?
[doublepost=1461523902,1461523600][/doublepost]i mean, the xbox are pretty far up there, same with the ps3...why not the vita, it's been a good while now...

What are you talking about? The Vita got the most recent update (the one that fixes most memory issues).

505 announced earlier that they are going to do bugfixing until the end of this month. At that time they will decide if it's ready to ship (another 2 weeks until we get it), or if it needs more fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom