• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

**REPORTED** Terraria crashes on launch due to texture pack

Syncness

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Yes, I realise this is in the frequently reported bugs list, however the solution doesn't work.

Context and reproduction:
Using this texture pack (haven't tested with others), Terraria crashes on load after it is enabled.

To reproduce: Load Terraria, load texture pack, close Terraria, start Terraria.

What have I tried:
And apparently since Windows XP, removing read-only on folders is not possible.

Here's the errors in the thread itself: Enhanced version of the textures of Terraria 1.3.0.8

Error:

Criddle

Staff member
From my understanding, Terraria can't read zip files properly, so if it tries to load one it crashes.

You have to unzip the texture pack in the ResourcePacks folder and then remove the zip file.

NopeScope

Official Terrarian
From my understanding, Terraria can't read zip files properly, so if it tries to load one it crashes.

You have to unzip the texture pack in the ResourcePacks folder and then remove the zip file.
Thanks bro! That worked for me.

Top Bottom