Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
I hope we will get another spoiler on April 1st. Like, some stupid joke spoiler along with the real one.

So that would explain why she'd be looking forward to the next spoiler. Even if they were to release a perfectly truthful spoiler on the 1st, people would not believe it, no matter what.

So that would explain why she'd be looking forward to the next spoiler. Even if they were to release a perfectly truthful spoiler on the 1st, people would not believe it, no matter what.
Yeah, spoiler on the most controversial change or addititon into the game. The one that players won't wanna believe in.

Reactions: Qw2
It does seem like they would release a spoiler on April 1st...

Like reveal the Lunar Event or something like that, and then you scroll to the bottom and

'Lol April foolz'

We just got this from Cenx about the next spoiler:
Screenshot_2015-03-31-11-58-52.png

If I make an april 1st joke at you guys, I'm gonna make sure to say so near the end of the post.

Doh, nobody quoted the post. That's what reveals the image.

Anyway, for future reference, this post is an april fools.

* 1.3 will feature a revamped Lunar event with (puzzle) elements
* The new layout will not make it to phone users (Sorry)
* Re-Logic and TotalBiscuit are working on a way to make him an actual boss NPC for Expert Mode
* How he is implemented depends on community input, but he's planned to be Expert Mode's equivalent of a legit DG

Best for last:
MKQCqPC.png

* Due to a change of plans and rise in capacity, most of 1.3 features (minus Lunar) are hoped to be finished already April 10th.
* YouTubers are getting their version April 15th, minus the lunar event, and can do Let's Plays

I always hoped Yrimir would be the boss, but this is cool.

Last edited:
Soo.... I have a feeling that the only bosses in this update will be events. Basically, events make it easier to add more unique bosses within a short period. In both 1.1 and 1.2, there were only 4 bosses, since adding any more would stretch out progression too much. Not anymore. Since we know about 3 events already, it's not unsafe to say that most bosses will be in events. Here's my prediction: Everything in the video is real except for the name "Martian Madness". Martian Madness will be the Lunar Event, and the GDC moon event will be in between the Cultist and Lunar events, being based on the Ocean with a Head of Cthulhu miniboss (see here).

So Cenx recently confirmed Terraria for Wii U and 3DS. This is another thing that has me extra excited. To be honest, I think the Wii U is the perfect system to have Terraria, with the gamepad and such. Although for the 3DS I'm a little confused how the controls would work, considering how all the current Console versions are controlled, they'd have to do quite a bit of tweaking to make it work on the 3DS with its far fewer buttons, unless it ends up having to be New 3DS exclusive, which I really hope doesn't happen.

So Cenx recently confirmed Terraria for Wii U and 3DS. This is another thing that has me extra excited. To be honest, I think the Wii U is the perfect system to have Terraria, with the gamepad and such. Although for the 3DS I'm a little confused how the controls would work, considering how all the current Console versions are controlled, they'd have to do quite a bit of tweaking to make it work on the 3DS with its far fewer buttons, unless it ends up having to be New 3DS exclusive, which I really hope doesn't happen.
I assume it will probably use the touch screen for aiming, mining, etc. Like have a square showing just what's in your in your placement range, while the real action is top-screen. Then you can switch to the inventory and use touch controls to manage it.

You guys have to remember though, if local multiplayer is going to be a thing on the wii u, then the game pad can't be necessary to play.
There could still be a dual-stick control scheme for the Wii U, but the regular 3DS (not N3DS) has only one stick. Thus, touch controls.

There could still be a dual-stick control scheme for the Wii U, but the regular 3DS (not N3DS) has only one stick. Thus, touch controls.
IMO I think that it would be really cool to see the game pad be used more as an info screen instead. Maybe it could have the minimap displayed along with everyone's health/mana listed?

IMO I think that it would be really cool to see the game pad be used more as an info screen instead. Maybe it could have the minimap displayed along with everyone's health/mana listed?
And manage the inventory in real-time, instead of pausing. But that still leaves the problem of only having one stick, unless it uses the CP+ or the N3DS.

Back
Top Bottom