Terraria Halloween Contest - 2023 - Winners!

darthmorf

Treederator
Staff member
1701286714530.png

Hey, fellow Terrarians! We hope that you all had a killer Halloween and joined in on the contest fun.

We were almost overwhelmed with 650+ entries, so our squad teamed up with the awesome folks from the Terraria Discord to help Re-Logic pick out the top dogs. Let me tell you, it was tough, but we've locked in our winners and are ready to share them with you all!

While the winners will be receiving prizes, they are not the only ones that have produced fantastic spooktacular creations. We're sharing some of them in the latest State of the Game thread, so make sure to swing by and check them out! There sadly were too many great entries to be able to show them all off, so make sure to post yours here too so that everyone can marvel at your skills!

Drumroll, please! Here come the Winners!

Pumpkin Carving

# 1
pumpkin 03.jpeg

cheesyrat

# 2

pumpkin 02.png

flouwby

# 3
pumpkin 01.jpg

RatLord69

Costumes

# 1
costume 04.png

yu94m3r

# 2
costume 01.jpg

deslime03

# 3
costume 02.png

CelestialPlayzYT

Builds

# 1
builds 02.png

@NotSoCursed

# 2
builds 03.png

BeeNade123

# 3
builds 01.png

truffletoad

Artwork

# 1
art 02.jpg

dontaericeart

# 2
art 01.png

infernalquasar

# 3
art 03.png

chloraide

Vanity

# 1
vanity 02.gif

@Heath04🌳

# 2
vanity 03.png

@Swamuel

# 3
vanity 01.png

ExchangedCard48

Winners, get set! Re-Logic will be contacting you soon for your well-deserved prizes. Please do make sure that your privacy settings are setup such that Re-Logic are able to send you a message! Forum titles for all those who entered with their forum account will be awarded over the next few days. If you entered with another account, but still wish to receive the title, please send a message to @Unit One with details on your entry so that you can be awarded it.

If you need a reminder what the prizes for the lucky winners were, you can find them listed below:

One Winner in each category will receive:
  • Up to $200 in Terraria Merchandise from anything available on Terraria.org/store
  • $50 in funds for your gaming platform of choice (Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and Headless Horseman Participation Title
Two Runners-Up in each category will receive:
  • Up to $100 in Terraria Merchandise from anything available on Terraria.org/store
  • $25 in funds for your gaming platform of choice (Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
  • TCF Community winners will receive the Pumpking Forum title and Headless Horseman Participation Title

We hope you all had a blast with the contest. Seeing all those cool creations from folks around the world made our October an absolute blast! See you next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these are really good, but the #1 Build is genuinely amazing and has to be my personal favorite. I was looking so closely at the details that I accidentally jump scared myself seeing the faces hiding in the dark on the right. 10/10 build.

We take this kind of accusation very seriously - if you have any evidence please send it privately to me in a DM. If you're just guessing, then please don't accuse people of that kind of thing without any evidence!
Not really accusing, just wanted to know what actual artists thought, as I'm not one. Either way looks like they're legit, so congrats to them for winning.

Congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups, especially the builds. Impressive.

Though, I do really wish that art would be divided into separate categories, such as digital and traditional, or have 2D (drawn) and 3D (crafted), much like pumpkin carving is a separate category from art. Being that art is so diverse, it's hard to compete in a pool of varying media. Would have been awesome to see a sculpture or hand crafted work of art of the non pumpkin-carved variety. Just a suggestion...

Last edited:
Not really accusing, just wanted to know what actual artists thought, as I'm not one. Either way looks like they're legit, so congrats to them for winning.
Hey there! There tends to be a pretty obvious difference between AI art and real art. When you look closely at AI art, nothing makes sense. Lines and details just don't look realistic. Characters may have extra fingers, their eyes may look funky, etc. I don't think the artwork you were talking about is AI generated, it looks hand drawn to me! Just done digitally. :dryadhappy:

Back
Top Bottom