Mobile Terraria Mobile - Amazon Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also a corrupted apk file within downloading the terraria app and there is a capitalization issue; such as naming the character and world. The corrupted apk file disappears after the download is finished

I know a lot of people dont come to the terraria forums but i find it funny looking at the reviews on amazon because they dont know why the update is taking so long. like a lot of them are complaining that they cant play with their other friends and the others complain about not haveing the latest update ( i find it funny seeing ones saying where is the 1.3 update ), I probably should write my review explaining why the update is delayed but its my moms amazon account that its purchased on so i dont wanna write a review without her permission

I have a kindle fire 1st gen., and was wondering if updating terraria would take up even more memory than before, and if the lag is going to be even more insane. Also, when game crashes, it deletes like about the last 10 minutes of my game. One time, I had been farming in the hardmode dungeon for a sniperscope and got it after countless hours and guess what? Game crashes, deletes all progress, definitely sucks, happened numerous times with biome keys and other insanely difficult to get weapons etc.:mad:-_-:rolleyes::sigh:
[doublepost=1460248069,1460247942][/doublepost]
I have a kindle fire 1st gen., and was wondering if updating terraria would take up even more memory than before, and if the lag is going to be even more insane. Also, when game crashes, it deletes like about the last 10 minutes of my game. One time, I had been farming in the hardmode dungeon for a sniperscope and got it after countless hours and guess what? Game crashes, deletes all progress, definitely sucks, happened numerous times with biome keys and other insanely difficult to get weapons etc.:mad:-_-:rolleyes::sigh:
also my character got ENTIRELY deleted 3 TIMES!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

If you don't use cloud saves, then this change shouldn't apply to you at all.

As for whether this will work with FreeTime - I have no idea. I would guess that if the Terraria app works in FreeTime now, it will continue to do so for local saves at least. AFAIK, you will only be prompted to log into Google if you try to access cloud saves; no idea what happens at that point if doing so while in FreeTime.
According to Tunnel King, no, you don't need to use Google drive if you don't cloud save.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they are gonna stabalize the multiplayer? I ran into three bugs yesterday while in multiplayer. The bugs are Crashing, missing chunks, And invisble wall of flesh eyeballs. And they only happened to me.
[doublepost=1460372866,1460372839][/doublepost]
Does anyone know if they are gonna stabalize the multiplayer? I ran into three bugs yesterday while in multiplayer. The bugs are Crashing, missing chunks, And invisble wall of flesh eyeballs. And they only happened to me.
Crashing doesn't happen often though.

So do you have to get a google account? I'm worried since I have a lot of stuff and I don't want it gone if I don't sign up for Google.
[doublepost=1460409545,1460409177][/doublepost]I'm just really scared that my save will get ruined since I have an Amazon account linked to the kindle and I don't want me to lose ANY of my things since I worked hard on it. :confused:

So do you have to get a google account? I'm worried since I have a lot of stuff and I don't want it gone if I don't sign up for Google.
[doublepost=1460409545,1460409177][/doublepost]I'm just really scared that my save will get ruined since I have an Amazon account linked to the kindle and I don't want me to lose ANY of my things since I worked hard on it. :confused:
All Kindles are tied to an Amazon account (unless they are rooted, dunno what happens then).

Having a Google account won't interfere with the Amazon account. You'll only have to use it IF you currently use cloud saves, or intend to use cloud saves in the future. You get prompted for the Google information at the time you try to access the cloud in-game.

If you use cloud saves now, and don't have a Google account, then you won't have access to your cloud saves after the update.

Sorry for the double-post, but I think this will help further clarify the situation with Amazon cloud saves (answers from 505Games):

• All saves were created as cloud or local at the time of world/character creation.
  • There is no method by which a player can convert a cloud save into a local save.
  • Thus, the only way to maintain access to your existing CLOUD worlds is via a registered google account.
  • If you only ever played with Local saves, then this will not affect you, though if you ever want to use cloud saves, you will need a google account

Again, all that you need to do right now is to go to Google.com and create an account (if you don't already have one from using gmail/YouTube/etc.). A Google account comes with 15GB of FREE Drive storage (this includes Gmail storage if you use Gmail). You do not need to do anything else now; there are no settings you need to change or other apps you need to install, no saves to move on your own.

WHEN the Terraria app updates, and you try to access your CLOUD saves, the game will prompt you to log into your Google account, and then you should be set. Your existing cloud saves will be moved to your Google Drive storage and remain there.

Sorry for the double-post, but I think this will help further clarify the situation with Amazon cloud saves (answers from 505Games):

• All saves were created as cloud or local at the time of world/character creation.
  • There is no method by which a player can convert a cloud save into a local save.
  • Thus, the only way to maintain access to your existing CLOUD worlds is via a registered google account.
  • If you only ever played with Local saves, then this will not affect you, though if you ever want to use cloud saves, you will need a google account

Again, all that you need to do right now is to go to Google.com and create an account (if you don't already have one from using gmail/YouTube/etc.). A Google account comes with 15GB of FREE Drive storage (this includes Gmail storage if you use Gmail). You do not need to do anything else now; there are no settings you need to change or other apps you need to install, no saves to move on your own.

WHEN the Terraria app updates, and you try to access your CLOUD saves, the game will prompt you to log into your Google account, and then you should be set. Your existing cloud saves will be moved to your Google Drive storage and remain there.
Oh, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom