Mobile Terraria Mobile Bugs & Issues Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the problem as I see it ,I download the update, open the app to see if it downloads properly and it has, I then close the app ,shut down my WiFi, clear the cache(as I do when I download any app or update) find that when I open app while not connected to WiFi the app has reverted to trial/demo, I then turn on my WiFi open the app and it has appeared as it has when I downloaded the update which is a working upto date app I have purchased. I'm on a tablet by the way N7 2013 enough ram to handle this app, everything I describe above is no different than what I did before this update, no problems with clearing cache before this major update,so it seems when I clear my cache I need to be online to have the app I paid for

Here's the problem as I see it ,I download the update, open the app to see if it downloads properly and it has, I then close the app ,shut down my WiFi, clear the cache(as I do when I download any app or update) find that when I open app while not connected to WiFi the app has reverted to trial/demo, I then turn on my WiFi open the app and it has appeared as it has when I downloaded the update which is a working upto date app I have purchased. I'm on a tablet by the way N7 2013 enough ram to handle this app, everything I describe above is no different than what I did before this update, no problems with clearing cache before this major update,so it seems when I clear my cache I need to be online to have the app I paid for
Thanks for this detailed information, it could be very helpful.

I will note that I've had the revert-to-trial issue on my phone, and it didn't seem to matter whether I was on wi-fi or whether I cleared my cache or not.

The funny part is that you guys think that 505 games develops mobile. 505 GAMES ONLY PUBLISHES the game. CODEGLUE DEVELOPS the game.So really this whole time you have been hating on the wrong people. And Codeglue doesn't have any representation on this forum, which is probably why about half of the bugs never get fixed.

Sorry, next time I get a communication that's inaccurate, I'll blame someone other than who the communication came from. Maybe then that's the right person.

This is a worthless discussion now.

Last edited:
All of the explanations of how QA works and all that aren't even relevant. It comes down to, "we told you something that we knew wasn't true. You shouldn't have believed us."

"We knew it wasn't true" and "We thought it was true" lead largely to the same result, but that doesn't mean you can freely assume either of them is applicable.

Hello There. Spot of bother here. Playing on android, today I think it downloaded an update but now it won't run at all. Since the 1.2.4 update I've had to start it 2 or 3 times before it worked (first time just stopped, second time runs with wonky graphics, third time works fine) but today it keeps stopping on the 505Games logo.
Fingers crossed it will get fixed soon, bit down because I was planning on taking down the WoF for the first time tonight but oh well.

Thanks for all the hard work guys

Edit: should probably add...
Running full paid up front version on an Asus zenfone5 (2Gb ram version),
OS Andy 4.4

Re-edit: have tried closing other apps, freeing memory, checking for system updates - no joy. About the only thing left I can think of is uninstall/reinstall and I'm too scared of losing saves (would this happen? Have made a backup of the app data with my backup app, phone claims it can restore this data on reinstall but still very wary). Also thought I'd drop in a few screenshots of what I meant by "wonky graphics"
Screenshot_2015-12-10-20-51-56.jpg

Last edited:
@ Loki

Lol do you really trust what the system requirements write

With apologies to @Leinfors, responding so that there is no confusion for other parties reading the thread.

Given that those requirements were handed to me personally from the Re-Logic dev team at the launch of 1.3 for placement on the Terraria Steam Page from whence that image was capped? Yes, yes I do. :) That said, this is getting woefully off topic.

The comparisons to MC are baseless and pointless. Two VERY different games codewise and depth wise (sans mods) - plus Microsoft. But again, straying off topic.

Last reply I'll make to this conversation in this thread - if you want to pursue the matter further, I reply to all of my PMs. :)

THIS is the kind of info that is immensely valuable - and what I wish we could get more of in this thread. :) Going to make sure this is seen (unless @Tunnel King already took care of that?)

One thing I noticed is that Fishron Wings don't give you free movement in water and don't say that in the tooltip. And another thing, the world with all of my stuff got sort-of corrupted (Not in Cloud). When I go to my worlds, it says that the world *world file* is created in a newer version of Terraria and could not be loaded. I have the newest version of Terraria mobile to date and I created that world back when 1.2 came out, which is quite a while ago and I got most of the stuff in the game... ;(

@505 Games Support Visual glitch: right wall torches still flicker when switched off.

Samsung galaxy 4 running Android 5.0.1_0027

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-05-11-12-56.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-11-12-56.png
    159.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
OK without traps my semiafk horsemans blade moon farm is going nowhere my last run on frostmoon i started final wave by 3:15am too slow even tho i had all damaging accessories and complete buffs potion buffs etc... I need faster final wave times to get the effin bells since that's the only thing i haven't got aside from fishron trophy(unobtainable ATM)

I'm also having problems with the new update. Reverted back to the trial version before Christmas and this latest update has stopped it from working altogether. Its now saying "Connecting to Server" followed by "Failed download/install". I don't have any cloud saves so I have no idea what the problem is? Any ideas anyone?
Hi everyone - especially @Loki who seems to be clued up about such things, does anyone have a comment about my problem with the latest update? I'd just like to be able to play Terraria again. Its been out of action for over a month now!
Thanks Guys
Dave

"We knew it wasn't true" and "We thought it was true" lead largely to the same result, but that doesn't mean you can freely assume either of them is applicable.

Have you read any of the explanations about how QA works, deferments, or the explanation of why bug free updates are impossible? I'm not assuming anything. Based on their explanations, It's kind of insane not to conclude that they thought a bug free update is impossible. I mean... that's what they said.. If they thought it was possible (contrary to what they went to great lengths to explain), then they didn't deliver. If they thought it wasn't, which is exactly what they've explained, then they shouldn't have told us that's what we could expect.

OK without traps my semiafk horsemans blade moon farm is going nowhere my last run on frostmoon i started final wave by 3:15am too slow even tho i had all damaging accessories and complete buffs potion buffs etc... I need faster final wave times to get the effin bells since that's the only thing i haven't got aside from fishron trophy(unobtainable ATM)

The workings timers and traps are making a negligible difference. I'm seeing spear traps doing 11 - 13 damage.

So before reporting this as a bug, I'd just like to ask. Are traps doing the damage that they're supposed to?

@AdamP1916, what's the end game to this discussion? The intended constructive gain? If you have a specific link to the devs claiming that an entirely bug-free release was incoming, feel free to share it, but I don't recall seeing that said.

In the mean time, its elaborately clear to everyone, devs and players alike, that there was a failure to meet stated expectations; this has been reiterated time and time again by Loki, so if you are looking for an official source agreeing that there were issues here, its been said. So I'm just curious what the point of this continued course of conversation is.

Have you read any of the explanations about how QA works, deferments, or the explanation of why bug free updates are impossible? I'm not assuming anything. Based on their explanations, It's kind of insane not to conclude that they thought a bug free update is impossible. I mean... that's what they said.. If they thought it was possible (contrary to what they went to great lengths to explain), then they didn't deliver. If they thought it wasn't, which is exactly what they've explained, then they shouldn't have told us that's what we could expect.

The workings timers and traps are making a negligible difference. I'm seeing spear traps doing 11 - 13 damage.

So before reporting this as a bug, I'd just like to ask. Are traps doing the damage that they're supposed to?
I said no. Thats why im reporting it its not supposed to give out damage like 11-13

Last edited by a moderator:
Android on Samsung galaxy grand prime: i haven't been able to test it after the bug fix update but in the last update i found it is either insanely lowwer then it should, or impossible, to get the corruption key mold. I spamed EoW and couldn't get it. I've used over 15 worm foods trying to get it. This is after killing WoF.

Also after updating i noticed that the drop rate for coins is down. Randomly no drops will come from killing mobs. (Tested in corruption with normal mobs)

Yes, I've read Tsuki's in dept explanation of how Q&A works, and not only do I agree with it, I can actually verify it. I study Game Development and make games myself, I think I have a fair picture of how our industry works.

We can not run a scanner over our games that picks out all the bugs, simply because such a scanner doesn't exist. Computers are stupid, they only do what you tell them to do, they can't tell if you're doing too little damage, or if you're not supposed to ride a minecart on grass, to name some fictional examples. If we code something, we expect it will work, we don't know it will. And if ten out of fifty interactions breaks something and we test it five times, chances are we won't find the bug, and our players (which, in the case of Terraria number a multiple of thousand, perhaps even ten thousand) will.

I do not for a moment believe that 505 or Codeglue promised you a 100% bug free game, I do believe they promised you a playable game that's worth the money they asked for it (which in my admittedly irrelevant opinion is very low to begin with). If you want to attribute their inability to do so, would you consider it as such, to malicious intent, I'm going to have to disagree with you simply to defend the honour of my profession.

Android on Samsung galaxy grand prime: i haven't been able to test it after the bug fix update but in the last update i found it is either insanely lowwer then it should, or impossible, to get the corruption key mold. I spamed EoW and couldn't get it. I've used over 15 worm foods trying to get it. This is after killing WoF.

Also after updating i noticed that the drop rate for coins is down. Randomly no drops will come from killing mobs. (Tested in corruption with normal mobs)
To be honest, 15 EoW isn't that many. I mean, 15 EoW is the equivalent of 750 mobs killed in the corruption, so with a 1:2500 drop you are likely to wait a while.

For all those who aren't sure what they said we would get:

'We prefer to delay the update's release while we clean it up vs. a hasty release that is filled with glitches and known issues. You deserve an abundant update, both functional and enjoyable, and we plan to deliver!'

That quote is taken from 'State of Mobile Address', posted by 505Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom