Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, the announced platforms for initial release are PC/Mac, PS4 and XBox One, as detailed at the end of the spoiler video. Other platforms may be considered later.

Agreed. The videos/images released thus far have been pre-alpha versions, before balancing has been done. There's no guarantee that anything shown will make it into the final product as shown, though the basis ideas most likely will. There's still a lot of work to be done. :)

So these are of alpha? Last I checked it was in beta. Cool to see the game is going well!

So these are of alpha? Last I checked it was in beta. Cool to see the game is going well!

T:OW has never been in beta (beta being a very close-to-release version which is just focused on QoL and bug fixing, generally). Alpha comes before that, and pre-Alpha would mean it hasn't even reached that stage.

You have just provided me with the pinnacle of Baking Music...

Also, I wonder if the hallow will make its way into this, I also wonder if its alternate biome will debut in Otherworld first...

You have just provided me with the pinnacle of Baking Music...

Also, I wonder if the hallow will make its way into this, I also wonder if its alternate biome will debut in Otherworld first...
I was just about to post about that. I also think that maybe if there's a core biome, the sky will be much more like a heavenly biome.

Since this is supposed to be a split-off and not part of the "main series", will Otherworld be a more 'serious' take on the world that develops some story or lore?

I don't think Terraria would have been half as charming as it is if it tried to have a coherent story or back-ground to all the madness

Swing grappling... so, Starbound grapple mechanics?

You mean . . . Super Castlevania IV grapple mechanics?
1-2.png

Or Super Metroid grapple mechanics?
Super_Metroid_Grapple_Beam.png

This is nothing new, and its certainly nothing Starbound did first. Swing grapple mechanics are a staple of many games going back over 20 years, just like double jumping or dash attacks. Its just part of typical side scrolling platform mechanics now.

That was my all time favorite game until I was introduced to terraria. I particularly live the Super Metroid Redesign hack/mod that was created. It made the game so much bigger. There was also supposed to be a "Super Metroid Alliance" that was going to be a 3 part series, but it seems as if the developer has abandoned the idea.

So is it going to be a 50/50 percent either crimson or corruption on world creation like Terraria?

Oh only 218 replies to a TOW update worries me. Maybe Relogic needs to stat thinking about getting a bigger team and pushing things out faster. Look at how complex a battlefield map is and how quickly they release one after another. I know I cannot compare EA and relogic but I wish I could. Maybe we would be already on 1.8 Also maybe we would be on Terraria 3 paying 15 euros per DLC. I guess it is all about finding a happy medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom