Terraria: Otherworld - Post-GDC Details & Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is quite a bit more than what was hinted at earlier. At least the concept appeals to me. :)

Upgradable weapons, that sounds nice... or rather progressive is the word you used. I'll enjoy that one quite a bit.

NPCs still have me a bit muddled, but wasn't really much on that one, even with the extra post. I would hope requirements are more than just building a house with across the board requirments; ie needing maybe specific items(furniture) beyond the norm. Like a smith needing an anvil before attracting. Something along those lines being a bit more than just every house has the same items in the programming, but actually serve purpose or reflect who the NPC is. Well my thoughts. Don't know if that will be going that way, but was one thing that bothered me of Terraria itself. To a minor degree at least.

It is a good start in what was shown and said, and does peak interest; but then again I am quite easily entertained, and usually can entertain myself in a sandbox oriented game...:D

This sounds pretty nice. I especially like the tower defense element. Did you consider developing new class styles (for example Rogue or Witch (Potions))? Also ++ from me for not going Early Access!
I also hope that the people who complain about the graphics will see that it isnt all that bad. Cause they sure look good.

Nice! Cannot wait for it to come out! And then wait for the money to buy the game...

I'm having Warcraft III tower defense flashbacks already. Very promising to see some RTS features. Personalized and scaling weapons sounds very exciting for character customization.

Was that a war party of Cyclops and Minotaur? a swarm of fire Wyvern? Looks like someone spilled a fantasy bucket on everything. Neat.

Currently, theres about 7 "classes" in Terraria with how me and my buddies play, and hybrids of each (Mage Tank, Summoner Tank, Gunmage, were all recently done in our playthroughs): (some only appear late game)
Mage
Summoner
Ranger
Gunsman
Demolitionist (late game)
Tank (late game)
DPS Melee

Currently, theres about 7 "classes" in Terraria with how me and my buddies play, and hybrids of each (Mage Tank, Summoner Tank, Gunmage, were all recently done in our playthroughs): (some only appear late game)
Mage
Summoner
Ranger
Gunsman
Demolitionist (late game)
Tank (late game)
DPS Melee
What would be "Gunsman" compared to "Ranger"? They both use ammo and attack from range right? And what do you mean with "Demolitionist"?

Well, there's Summoner, for one. Maybe we'll be seeing some other damage types as well?

I would play it on console if it came out, but once again, controls would be a huge problem, considering how annoyingly bad they were on the console versions of terraria. (and dont say they werent, because they kinda sucked compared to PC) And along with that, you need to remember this game will have even MORE complex features, and there arent ANY unprogrammed buttons on the console terraria, and a whole half keyboard left in PC
[DOUBLEPOST=1426019741][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is there a linux verson planned, will it be available on release?
Gunsman uses guns, with bullets, while ranger uses bows, for penatration and CC. Demolitionist is explosives, like the rocket and grenade launcher

You… mean…
my Mac can run a Terraria game without using Wineskin?

I must have.

I'm really excited to have reason to build several bases and defend them. Honestly can't wait for this, Terraria while still a fantastic game and in my top 5 for sure get's a little repetitive.

This sounds very interesting, Otherworld seems to be getting better and better! I really like the general concept of it, such as the non-forcing story and the purity towers. The overall game sounds great! I'm really looking forward to this, as much as I'm
anticipating 1.3.

Keep up the great work Re-Logic and Engine too, looking forward to hearing more about Otherworld!

Playstyle or Build is maybe more apt than class. What I meant by personalized is that the addition of item growth in T:OW has the potential to add nice longevity to the viability of your favorite weapons without just abandoning them for the next tier. It's a cool mechanic to introduce to Terraria. Would be interesting to see if weapons that upgrade or craft together are affected by their experience/growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom