Official Terraria: Otherworld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never be too hyped incase it will be worse than you thought :sigh:.Don't get me wrong it might be an awesome piece of work !

Okay, WOW, wasn't expecting that. In the slightest.

And it looks amazing.

I'm also super happy that it's explicitly stated to be "Set in an alternate dimension" so that it doesn't interfere with anyone's existing Terraria headcanons. :dryadtongue:

Looks very interesting, I'll be watching.

Hmm, tried to guess his appearance and animation capabilities
latest
latest

On the surface looks like a piece sprite, but in fact it is a monster tiles; ) Just one part is responsible for the movement, and the tail at this time attacking.

I second this notion, we need early access, season pass, the whole package, why aren't you taking our money?

Early access is not always a good thing. In fact, if we've seen anything, its that it can be a very, very bad thing.

Why aren't they taking your money? Because they aren't ready to yet. This is pre-alpha, barely a shell of a complete game. Taking anything from anybody at this time is getting way ahead of themselves.

This is a teaser, so yes, people are excited, but at the same time . . . like all things, relax and let it come in time. Throwing money at the game won't actually do anything to help.

Early access is not always a good thing. In fact, if we've seen anything, its that it can be a very, very bad thing.

Why aren't they taking your money? Because they aren't ready to yet.
Early access is a terrible thing with terrible devs, Re-Logic and engine software have easily proven they're not, this could be a good thing.

But most importantly we NEEEED this on console, i hope we get a confirmation when they tease more details.

Early access is a terrible thing with terrible devs, Re-Logic and engine software have easily proven they're not, this could be a good thing.

But most importantly we NEEEED this on console, i hope we get a confirmation when they tease more details.

Rudi also stated earlier that both he and Redigit do not like early access in general. Something to keep in mind. Why suffer the consequences of lessons learned painfully by others? Good developers don't give into that temptation in the first place. ;)

Even a good dev can make a bad game. Even the best looking/sounding projects can end up needing to be abandoned for reasons that could never have been predicted early on. The only times a game will go into Early Access is if the developer doesn't think they can finish it without more funding, or when they're being greedy. Not going into Early Access, especially at this stage, is a good thing. It means that they're confident that they can pull off everything that they need to do with the resources that they already have, and are willing to put consumer trust first, by not taking money until they can show that there is something worth paying for. That's as rare in today's market as buying a game and getting all of it for the purchase price, so treasure it.

This. Looks. Amazing.

A game where you're focused on living in and helping the Purity? Defeating the Corruption? RPG elements? An AMAZING art style? (besides the PC themselves, seems a bit too pixelated compared to the smoothness of the rest of the world, but I love the smooth animations)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY PLATINUM.

TBH I really love the graphics.

It looks so different, but it still feels like Terraria. Especially the character sprite, keeping the Terraria look but adding more detail.

*ahem*
Terraria 1.5 HD remix?

I wish it was Terraria 2. I've been defending T2 on the basis that it was going to be a different game and not distract fans from Terraria. This is a disservice to both of those games. Effort that could have been spent on either funneled into a diet lime version of his greatest work. I don't understand why anything new from this game couldn't be implemented in either Terraria or Terraria 2, especially given that Red is actively working on adding content to Terraria. If it's just a new art style put out an official reskin patch!
I don't understand, also, why Red would want to lock himself into a Terraria do-over. I thought the plan was to move on to other genres, and for people to be playing Terraria for years after he finished, not jumping from new game to new game while this board devolves into bickering about which game does cabins better. Terraria's not even finished and he's kicking it to the curb for a new window model.

Rudi also stated earlier that both he and Redigit do not like early access in general. Something to keep in mind. Why suffer the consequences of lessons learned painfully by others? Good developers don't give into that temptation in the first place. ;)
If it's truly a lesson learned then the results can differ.
My memory is picturing a certain crafting game that was available eons before the official release, and even tho a (IMO) superior crafting game came out earlier in the same year it was dwarfed by a similar product that had public access almost 2 years earlier, so yes i hope a lesson has been learned and actions are taken accordingly.
There are always success stories that contradict the bad in everything. I'm willing to trust these two can do it right.
Even a good dev can make a bad game. Even the best looking/sounding projects can end up needing to be abandoned for reasons that could never have been predicted early on. The only times a game will go into Early Access is if the developer doesn't think they can finish it without more funding, or when they're being greedy. Not going into Early Access, especially at this stage, is a good thing. It means that they're confident that they can pull off everything that they need to do with the resources that they already have, and are willing to put consumer trust first, by not taking money until they can show that there is something worth paying for. That's as rare in today's market as buying a game and getting all of it for the purchase price, so treasure it.
It's really not as rare as you think, don't let the AAA market corrupt your views of the industry as a whole, devs like Re-Logic and engine software are the type that can take positive advantage from such things, lessons learned and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom