tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

Already fixed for the next update, but that update won't come out too soon, cuz i'm adding A LOT of new stuff.
[doublepost=1503430046,1503429836][/doublepost]Streamable video spoilers from the discord server (which you should totally join btw)

Seasons! - https://streamable.com/kgr02
Water evaporation and floods! (Summer only) - https://streamable.com/b6tsh
Water freezing - https://streamable.com/214ok

Basically, i'm implementing seasons, and that itself could be a mod as giant as the current 1.1.2
Looks nothing short of incredible. Depending on how this is implemented, such features could go perfectly with some of the additions to the up-coming Terraria 1.3.6 update, like leaves blowing in the wind which display whatever color nearby tree-leaves are.

Will trees change color and lose/grow-back leaves as seasons pass as well? It'll be even better if players are able to customize some of these features via .json file, like how long seasons are, to disable flooding etc.

Looks nothing short of incredible. Depending on how this is implemented, such features could go perfectly with some of the additions to the up-coming Terraria 1.3.6 update, like leaves blowing in the wind which display whatever color nearby tree-leaves are.

Will trees change color and lose/grow-back leaves as seasons pass as well? It'll be even better if players are able to customize some of these features via .json file, like how long seasons are, to disable flooding etc.
Yeah, trees will change with every season. Eli's working on the sprites right now.
tbh the base for this was done in like a hour, when i saw how much reasonlessly people hyped up... a visual effect... of leaves... falling down... yeah...

btwnoticmifinallycaniincludeyourbetterambiancetextureswithmymodornotplex

btwnoticmifinallycaniincludeyourbetterambiancetextureswithmymodornotplex
Haha... as long as you credit my work where credits are mentioned (and maybe a link to my texture pack thread somewhere in your thread's OP would be nice), sure. Then I have no problem with you using files from Better ambiance in Terraria Overhaul.

It's always nice seeing my work used in other videos like your mod's original trailer. Also noticed there were some wonky water textures in your flood video above, due to only using my edited base water textures but not the additional texture pack water textures. Let me know if you have any issues with that, but I assume you're aware of how to fix that for the mod.

I also plan on updating my texture pack with numerous additions sometime by next month hopefully.

For some reason im slow and it feels like lower gravity but for other people on my server its totally fine but i lag for them. reinstalled terraria + mod, then it was fine until i died once. now its slow again. weird
Same thing for a friend and I. It's okay for a little bit, then suddenly our characters go "Slowmo", jumping around and moving as if they were on the moon. Restarting Terraria helps, but not for long. Possibly a memory leak?

One question tho, I'm neither a master at English nor a coder, so I have no idea what Raycasts are, could anyone help?

One question tho, I'm neither a master at English nor a coder, so I have no idea what Raycasts are, could anyone help?
It means that sword collisions are no longer based on swinging animations.
Instead there'll be multiple raycasts (line collision tests) in the middle of the swing. That makes it easier to hit enemies higher or lower than you are, and also makes the whole system way more reliable. Also you'll actually need to aim with your mouse in melee, which is a good thing, cuz more things you can master == more fun.
I4OTicB.png

here's also a video https://streamable.com/y8fpu

Last edited:
Yooo that's dang cool, can't wait to play this mod
...Umh, actually, I've heard you talking about a big update coming soon, so here's another question
Will there be any worldgen content added? I always feel lost when I can't get new stuff because my world is old, so I wanna make sure to create it when everything's ready

Yooo that's dang cool, can't wait to play this mod
...Umh, actually, I've heard you talking about a big update coming soon, so here's another question
Will there be any worldgen content added? I always feel lost when I can't get new stuff because my world is old, so I wanna make sure to create it when everything's ready
Nope, didn't touch worldgen and not planning to. Characters also don't have any important save data.

You can just disable the gore and the blood in the config if it's a serious issue, personally I disabled blood, not for performance issues, but rather because when ever there was blood on the ground there would occasionally be a lighting glitch where all the tiles would temporarily disappear then reappear.
oops figured that out but thanks man if i didn't i would have been screwed without that

I've noted that snowballs are bugged. When equipped their model just floats in the air and they aren't consumed when thrown.

Edit:Upon viewing other comments it appears this bug is concurrent in throwing weapons in general

So then I guess there's no need to point out Light Discs stacking not really working.

Hi, i installed some mods and when i open my world the game crash. I tried to reinstall Terraria Overhaul. Here is the crash window.
I need help, I like this mod but I can not open my world and I do not want to disable this mod.

My list of mods:
"_ColoredDamageTypes",
"BaseLib",
"Bluemagic",
"BossChecklist",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"HeartCrystalRegen",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"imkSushisDeathCountersMod",
"imkSushisMod",
"Project_Logic",
"TerrariaOverhaul",
"TheDeconstructor",
"Wildlife",
"CalamityMod",
"ThoriumMod",
"TapeMeasure",
"RecipeBrowser",
"MiningLantern",
"MagicStorage",
"ChestBrowser",
"Fargowiltas",
"WMITF",
"XItemStats",
"BuilderPlus",
"Tacklebox",
"EmojiSupport",
"WikiSearch"

error.png

PS: Sorry for my bad english. I used the google traductor. Sorry

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Made a Topaz staff, sprite lost arms while equipped. still fired though

Also bugged sticky bombs to have infinite, left a sprite where it was tossed, then some how got rid of the icon and stopped being able to craft them while still spending materials for them

dont have any thing else installed that would mess with either of these

Made a Topaz staff, sprite lost arms while equipped. still fired though

Also bugged sticky bombs to have infinite, left a sprite where it was tossed, then some how got rid of the icon and stopped being able to craft them while still spending materials for them

dont have any thing else installed that would mess with either of these
Same bugs, also when i cut down the trees, after cutting the stump out of it nothing falls out. Problem about invisible Hands in every ranged weapons, cure - rejoining into the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom